Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Rodgers absolutely has to go at the end of the season, he cannot be trusted with the overhaul of the squad, he absolutely cannot be trusted with it. I have lost total and complete confidence in him as a manager, a motivator and a coach. We are another West Brom under Pulis/Stoke under Hughes waiting to happen, keep him and we'll be in a relegation battle next season, I think as a football club we need a complete overhaul from top to bottom, new blood and fresh faces and a new plan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Rodgers absolutely has to go at the end of the season, he cannot be trusted with the overhaul of the squad, he absolutely cannot be trusted with it. I have lost total and complete confidence in him as a manager, a motivator and a coach. We are another West Brom under Pulis/Stoke under Hughes waiting to happen, keep him and we'll be in a relegation battle next season, I think as a football club we need a complete overhaul from top to bottom, new blood and fresh faces and a new plan.

That seems ott to me. Hughes was appalling. Rodgers has earned one poor (average) season, especially with injuries. As long as he's happy to leave recruitment to our tried and trusted team, I'm happy to see how next season goes.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

What else is it if it’s not ignorance, despite having all the evidence laid out before them?

Ever heard of Confirmation bias

It happens when a person gives more weight to evidence that confirms their beliefs and undervalues evidence that could disprove it. People display this bias when they gather or recall information selectively, or when they interpret it in a biased way.

I'm sure they can find evidence to support their view as much as you can for yours.

• Like 2

He was recruited to take us to another level and be regularly challenging for a European slot - that was his job. Year on year, the team has got worse, confidence and the performances gone to shot, and this bloke who is meant to be so shit hot at developing youth appears to only be able to break or confuse them.

Can anyone look at Vestipants & Bertrand and say, “Yeh, I’d trust Brendan with the shopping budget this summer”?

Tag on the familiar stink of how unprofessional the squad used to be under Kelly, it’s long gone time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Daggers said:

He was recruited to take us to another level and be regularly challenging for a European slot - that was his job. Year on year, the team has got worse, confidence and the performances gone to shot, and this bloke who is meant to be so shit hot at developing youth appears to only be able to break or confuse them.

Can anyone look at Vestipants & Bertrand and say, “Yeh, I’d trust Brendan with the shopping budget this summer”?

Tag on the familiar stink of how unprofessional the squad used to be under Kelly, it’s long gone time.

We were 9th (?) when he took over and he got us into Europe twice. So did he not succeed for something you question him on? 

Not sure the team has got worse year on year, either.

'shit hot at developing youth players'. Justin was in seriously 'shit hot' form before his injury. KDH seems to have transitioned over the past 2 years quite comfortably into a PL squad. Barnes was also 'shit hot' before he got injured. 

There's several things to criticise Rodgers on as he's clearly not perfect and his stock has fallen based on how this season has gone, but some of the things you raise are questionable?

• Like 4

Come on @StanSP, you know Leicester fans have the worst memories in the league….  :rolleyes:

This thread is extremely trying and shows we have some fans with utterly ridiculous expectations who are completely unwilling to accept any form of context or external factors, or even dare I saw, contrary opinions

(Insert outraged 4th highest paid manager blathering here)

• Like 3

No one seems to entertain the idea that this ‘rebuild’ also probably won’t happen (in the way it needs to happen anyway). We’ll ultimately sell 4/5 squad players and sign a few but they won’t be at the level that we need to truly changed the squad. I wouldn’t trust BR with my shopping list down Tesco on a Saturday. 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Come on @StanSP, you know Leicester fans have the worst memories in the league….  :rolleyes:

This thread is extremely trying and shows we have some fans with utterly ridiculous expectations who are completely unwilling to accept any form of context or external factors, or even dare I saw, contrary opinions

The entitled/ inflated expectations narrative is tired now. We know exactly how good we can be, we don’t suddenly become this bad overnight. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Does being patronising bring you a deep sense of inner warmth?

• Like 3

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

The entitled/ inflated expectations narrative is tired now. We know exactly how good we can be, we don’t suddenly become this bad overnight. 

Outrageous nonsense, you know no such thing.  lol

And yet again you disregard any context because it does not suit your desires / opinions. I am aware than none of the entrenched Rodgers out brigade will change, and only may say I am just the same, but pro-Rodgers. That’s not true, I just won’t disregard context so wilfully.

We are obviously not going to agree, so let’s just support. :scarf: