Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Outrageous nonsense, you know no such thing.  lol

And yet again you disregard any context because it does not suit your desires / opinions. I am aware than none of the entrenched Rodgers out brigade will change, and only may say I am just the same, but pro-Rodgers. That’s not true, I just won’t disregard context so wilfully.

We are obviously not going to agree, so let’s just support. :scarf:

Here’s some context. We were 3-0 down to Nottingham Forest after half an hour. Need I say more?

• Like 1

To me , those peak Rodgers pre Christmas periods coincided with peak Vardy form. The fear of Vardy was critical in our successful periods. When he hit blank patches our form deteriorated. It was fortunate that Kelechi's purple patch kept us in the race for the top four last season. This season , we have still scored goals but with Vardy mostly not at full capacity , the opposition have not had that worry to dictate their set up and tactics.

Edited by An Sionnach

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Come on @StanSP, you know Leicester fans have the worst memories in the league….  :rolleyes:

This thread is extremely trying and shows we have some fans with utterly ridiculous expectations who are completely unwilling to accept any form of context or external factors, or even dare I saw, contrary opinions

(Insert outraged 4th highest paid manager blathering here)

Are they ridiculous expectations? The expectation should be, having finished 5th twice and added significantly to the squad without it being severely reduced, to be pushing for that position again.

I just don't see how Rodgers can be excused this season even if you think he can improve it with changes in the summer. Sadly, the game has moved on and you don't get away with falling away as you did before. 

Just now, Corky said:

Are they ridiculous expectations? The expectation should be, having finished 5th twice and added significantly to the squad without it being severely reduced, to be pushing for that position again.

I just don't see how Rodgers can be excused this season even if you think he can improve it with changes in the summer. Sadly, the game has moved on and you don't get away with falling away as you did before. 

I say yes, they are ridiculous expectations. If you follow the “we were 5th twice before” logic, then shouldn’t we win the league or FA Cup every year? I am not excusing him, but those expectations coupled with injuries (we were extremely lucky to be in contention for 4th last year) are being ignored in the face of obvious contributing factors.

Should he be doing better? Christ yes, and he must be able to get more from this team than we are seeing, but as with most things, the truth probably lies between these polarising viewpoint.

37 minutes ago, Corky said:

Do you think our injuries are on a par with Liverpool's last season?

7 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

He's been bang average and spent a hell of a lot of money. He's no better than Rodgers 

They win their games in hand and they're 4th, that's not bad after losing aubameyang and the state they were in. When Rodgers took us over I think we were ready made to challenge, what would be the equivalent for me would be Rodgers changing our squad to get us challenging for top 4 again, IMO

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

They win their games in hand and they're 4th, that's not bad after losing aubameyang and the state they were in. When Rodgers took us over I think we were ready made to challenge, what would be the equivalent for me would be Rodgers changing our squad to get us challenging for top 4 again, IMO

We aren’t likely to challenge for top 4 in the current financial landscape unfortunately, our cash from sponsorship, etc is not enough to get us what we probably need. 

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We aren’t likely to challenge for top 4 in the current financial landscape unfortunately, our cash from sponsorship, etc is not enough to get us what we probably need. 

I'm sure you understand there's a fair bit of daylight between challenging for top 4 and being 12th with 4 wins in 18 games.

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I know that, I've made a post which says I think we should plan for survival for the next few seasons, increase capacity in the stadium (I think we should have gone 42k-45k), nurture our developmemt squads and invest heavily for a challenge in a few seasons 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I know that, I've made a post which says I think we should plan for survival for the next few seasons, increase capacity in the stadium (I think we should have gone 42k-45k), nurture our developmemt squads and invest heavily for a challenge in a few seasons 

Sorry, must have missed that, but I agree! It seems like its time to roll with punches whilst our plans mature

30 minutes ago, kingfox said:

“He hasn’t had too many of these spells through his career”

”Leicester have overachieved”

:yawn:

I’ve literally never heard so much rubbish, these ‘pundits’ talk such garbage. 

Forget whatever anyone thinks of Brendan, suggesting he rested players on Wednesday ffs. He even said he was making changes after the cup performance. 

3 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

I’ve literally never heard so much rubbish, these ‘pundits’ talk such garbage. 

Forget whatever anyone thinks of Brendan, suggesting he rested players on Wednesday ffs. He even said he was making changes after the cup performance. 

most of them never watch us play as they work on the SPFL or the EFL

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

...you cannot afford to stand still, you are likely to be overtaken by more ambitious clubs!!!

This league does not afford that luxury.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you cannot afford to stand still, you are likely to be overtaken by more ambitious clubs!!!

That's already happened, I believe West Ham, Newcastle, spurs, arsenal are already ahead of us, we are competing with Everton, Villa, Wolves, Southampton, Brighton, Palace, and some of them are arguably in a better place than we are.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

What I'm saying is Rodgers has bought in players and let the squad get into a sitaution that has weakened us imo. We need better future proofing.

I don't want an overhaul. Do you know what this squad rebuild says to me? Rodgers can't work with what he's got, our first 11 for us almost to top 4 for 2 seasons. It just feels like a Taylor moment all over again when  all Taylor needed to do is bring in a couple of quality players to compliment a very good team but instead decided he needed a rebuild. Get it wrong and we could be going down.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1