Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, LC/FC said:

How have I?

Yeah we've wins cup but potentially ****ed the league. 2 different competitions if you didn't know.

You started the post with 'one swallow does not a summer make' to suggest that winning the cup doesn't make him a great manager but yet in the same post you say 'but then we play this game like a bunch of donkeys' using one loss to prove the point that he's not all his cracked up to be. 

Not angry with Rodgers at all tonight. Ultimately we came up against a quality team away from home that really wanted/needed to win only a couple of days after we had one of our greatest ever moments who had fans in who were clearly up for the game. It was always going to be a tough one tonight. I think top four has gone but we've won a trophy and I'm still over the moon with it. 

• Like 1

Anyone criticising Rodgers is probably a  trolling Coventry or Notts fan.

We have a superb first 11 that we have not once been able to use this season.  We have about 13 players who would get in to or challenge to get into any team.  There are areas we lack depth.  We are challenging teams who leave players bought for a price beyond our record signing on the bench.  Our injury crisis has been horrible.  

Rodgers has kept us competitive with the sides who are coefficient-rich and has led us to the FA Cup.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ozvaldo said:

He probably could have improved composure on the ball when we eventually won it back, and he would have been another pair of fresh legs. Perez looked knackered. 

However, all round, we weren’t good enough. 

We had a lot better results with Praet playing as opposed to what we are having now. Composure and spacial awereness are his big pluses over Perez.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, adam said:

I'm delighted we have won the cup and I'd much rather that than top 4. But we should of got in the top 4 this season. So many dropped points. Not getting the CL could potentially cost us the likes of Tielemans and Fofana and whoever we are currently linked with at the moment. 

Maybe. Or maybe they're both really happy with a winners medal and improvements we're making. 

Ask kane if he'd swap his champions league campaigns for some trophies and winners medals. 

Just now, LC/FC said:

Check my account date. I was here 10 years before you were mate.

In case you hadn't realised, last season we were in top 4 and ****ed it on the last day.

This season it looks to be the same.

Look I'm happy with an FA cup win.

But I and a ton of others, if you're reading the posts properly, are angry and pissed off about tonight's lack of character and fight and rightly so. So check your emotional definitions if you can understand them.

We're not depressed.

We're angry.

Difference.

Enjoy yourself! We're finishing 5th or higher and we've win the FA Cup. 

You need to celebrate it!

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

You started the post with 'one swallow does not a summer make' to suggest that winning the cup doesn't make him a great manager but yet in the same post you say 'but then we play this game like a bunch of donkeys' using one loss to prove the point that he's not all his cracked up to be. 

1 loss? But notice I also mentioned the Southampton and Newcastle results too.

Your claims are Void.

Just surprised he didn't go with Nacho given he came off in the final too. Fresher legs, in form player. And Vardy could have still been an option from the bench.

Got it wrong today but we were always going to see a drop after winning a final like that. Let's move forward and give it our all this final game. That's all we can do

2 minutes ago, adam said:

I'm delighted we have won the cup and I'd much rather that than top 4. But we should of got in the top 4 this season. So many dropped points. Not getting the CL could potentially cost us the likes of Tielemans and Fofana and whoever we are currently linked with at the moment. 

Opinions. Personally, I’d give up the cup in a heartbeat for CL. Cup is for fans to abuse Derby supporters online and claim bragging rights in pubs. CL covers a £68m loss last year and sustains the club. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

Opinions. Personally, I’d give up the cup in a heartbeat for CL. Cup is for fans to abuse Derby supporters online and claim bragging rights in pubs. CL covers a £68m loss last year and sustains the club. 

Opinions, and yours is honking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Hahahah. A trophy is for life. Saturday was for life. CL sustains the club? You don’t think the PL does that? Better go and tell all the other 16 clubs that they’re going bust.

Imagine our captain saying winning the FA Cup was like winning the league and then posting that lol 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The simple reality with Brendan is, he’d rather lose sticking to something that’s not working than changing something and then losing after he’s changed it.

If anyone watched the first half time and thought anything other than ‘god we were lucky there’ wasn’t watching the game in my opinion.

I honestly think it would hurt Brendan more if he changed it at 0-0 at HT and THEN we lost, than if he just lets it continue and pray it changes.

Changing it and then failing hurts him more, so he stays safe. Can’t blame him really, top top managers make big decisions, he’s a decent manager and that’s why he won’t ever get to a big 4 club.

Thanks for the FA Cup Brendan. 

Edited by deanolegend1989

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Hahahah. A trophy is for life. Saturday was for life. CL sustains the club? You don’t think the PL does that? Better go and tell all the other 16 clubs that they’re going bust.

That literally makes no sense. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Yes, but sometimes opinions are so bad they are universally condemned and yours should be. It’s that bad.

Universally condemned? You now consider yourself to be the universe?? Wow. 😳

Just don't understand why he plays Timmy as a CB, when Evans is out. He also has a absolute mental block when it comes to Perez. Just very disappointed that he makes the same mistakes over again.

• Like 3

Just now, Fox92 said:

Literally you made no sense. We compete in a Sport to win trophies ffs.

Says who? We compete to survive, grow and develop. An FA cup main mid magnificent, but doesn’t fuel that. A CL place might.