Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The world class Michael Dawson: “they’ve overachieved for years” for years ? At what point do these so called fantastic pundits who are meant to be the masters of this game actually turn around and determine several years of sustained improvement is not a “lucky” overachievement bestow upon us by a number of “lucky” (not well thought apparently) managerial appointments. Not recruitment strategy and thoughtful planning. This is not lucky overachievement bestowed upon us by unlucky “great” managers we have the privilege of having but a board and back room staff who actually consider every aspect of the club to obtain such success ?

Also, Merson not being able to pronounce Fofana’s name is insulting, borderline racist and ignorant. 

In his defence, he's dyslexic. Doesn't stop him talking shit mind.

18 minutes ago, erlee said:

Rumour Mill overdrive..?

image.png.6894f3c9efa845f1eb7c12abccd0c2e0.png

Maybe Man U. would hire him as a clubhouse attendant or PR assistant or something, that's the most he could hope for.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Wow, well that's certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons...moving right next door to Old Trafford.

He gone in summer for sure now

No way on Earth do Man United come in for a failed ex Liverpool manager who is currently doing a shit job at another club.We already had their pants down with Maguire, They. ain't taking Braindead off our hands.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kingfox said:

“He hasn’t had too many of these spells through his career”

”Leicester have overachieved”

:yawn:

Dawson really is a slimy cvnt. The only one who comes out with any credit is Clinton Morrison. At least he can name our players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I don’t think it means he’s joining anyone just by buying a house in Cheshire  but it kind of irks me having employees and players living so far away..

I get that none of them are Leicester fans but it   Feels like it’s difficult to buy into everything Leicester city, as employees , when they  never see the flag in car windows, or  don’t see someone walking the streets wearing the shirt.. and it’s not like I expect them all to rock on up to a house off of Braunstone Lane or anything but surely it becomes a drag going to work when you have to travel a couple of hours each way..

....I would be surprise if he commutes every day!!!

Kasper still lives up there, Drinky and Matty James used to car share if memory serves me right.

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I would be surprise if he commutes every day!!!

Kasper still lives up there, Drinky and Matty James used to car share if memory serves me right.

yeah I’m sure he has a flat in Leicester aswell.

But I’ve  tried that myself.. having a flat close to my work and a house further away and you just want to be in your house. It’s so much more difficult to want to be where your job is when you have another bigger more permanent house / home.

Edited by MPH

48 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

No way on Earth do Man United come in for a failed ex Liverpool manager who is currently doing a shit job at another club.We already had their pants down with Maguire, They. ain't taking Braindead off our hands.

Salford City maybe as Neville & Scholes are big fans of his

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

It’s such a ridiculous article, it actually says later on:

Although the move was made for family reasons, it will be handy to be so close if a future role is at  one of the local giants.

So they’re admitting his house hunting has nothing do with the Man U job. This is journalism ? It’s good to know if the day job ever fails there is something to fall back on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

All this overachieved talk is starting to piss me off.

Our great owners set out a target to challenge for European Football, that’s why Brendan Rodgers was hired to this football club.

Over the past two seasons, we haven’t overachieved, we’ve simply matched the ambition shown by the board.

It’s about time pundits and some of our fans got with reality, Leicester City aren’t a side content with mid table finishes anymore, we’re a side who’s aim is to challenge for European football on a consistent basis.

Fail to match that ambition, then I don’t care how “Great” some pundits see Brendan Rodgers, he rightfully deserves to be questioned.

Well said, and absolutely spot on!

1 hour ago, kingfox said:

All this overachieved talk is starting to piss me off.

Our great owners set out a target to challenge for European Football, that’s why Brendan Rodgers was hired to this football club.

Over the past two seasons, we haven’t overachieved, we’ve simply matched the ambition shown by the board.

It’s about time pundits and some of our fans got with reality, Leicester City aren’t a side content with mid table finishes anymore, we’re a side who’s aim is to challenge for European football on a consistent basis.

Fail to match that ambition, then I don’t care how “Great” some pundits see Brendan Rodgers, he rightfully deserves to be questioned.

The fact is through, we have overachieved over the past 2 seasons, any way you look at it and I can’t see why so many of our fans struggle to appreciate this or get upset when it’s mentioned.

The fact that outside the big six only 2 other clubs have won the FA Cup this century tells you that we’ve overachieved.

The fact that there are at least 7 clubs with way bigger budgets every season than us, says we have overachieved. 
There’s nothing wrong with having ambitions, and looking to challenge, but we need to understand to challenge we need all of our best players on the pitch.

The last 2 seasons we have exceeded the preseason targets the club has had - this year you would imagine the target was again qualify for Europe.

We are currently 10 points behind 7th spot, although with the teams 4th - 14th playing such a varied amount of games it’s hard to actually look at the league table and see who is challenging for Europe or CL spots. If we are to challenge for Europe in the league again, we need to be almost perfect from here on in, but it looks unlikely. Not saying we should be content with mid table but we do need to factor in some of the mitigating circumstances this season. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The fact is through, we have overachieved over the past 2 seasons, any way you look at it and I can’t see why so many of our fans struggle to appreciate this or get upset when it’s mentioned.

The fact that outside the big six only 2 other clubs have won the FA Cup this century tells you that we’ve overachieved.

The fact that there are at least 7 clubs with way bigger budgets every season than us, says we have overachieved. 
There’s nothing wrong with having ambitions, and looking to challenge, but we need to understand to challenge we need all of our best players on the pitch.

The last 2 seasons we have exceeded the preseason targets the club has had - this year you would imagine the target was again qualify for Europe.

We are currently 10 points behind 7th spot, although with the teams 4th - 14th playing such a varied amount of games it’s hard to actually look at the league table and see who is challenging for Europe or CL spots. If we are to challenge for Europe in the league again, we need to be almost perfect from here on in, but it looks unlikely. Not saying we should be content with mid table but we do need to factor in some of the mitigating circumstances this season. 

Thanks Mrs Rodgers 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

My issue is more around performances and the manner in which we lose games. Oh and the absolutely dreadful Europa League campaign.

• Like 3