Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

32 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't think he's ever blamed anybody but himself. Only recently has he criticised the players publicly.

But he can't win because when he doesn't criticise the players people moan about him not "being honest". But when he does criticise the players, the same people moan that "he's deflecting the blame".

Of course he's manager, so naturally it is his fault, but players do take blame also because a lot of them have not been good enough and/or consistent enough. They need to look at themselves too. For example, we switch to man marking when defending corners but we still concede because Ndidi loses Van Dijk and that's nobody's fault but Nidid's.

But he played Ndidi out of position so you can't expect perfect CB play from him.  Hardly an intelligent tactic,

Just now, deep blue said:

But he played Ndidi out of position so you can't expect perfect CB play from him.  Hardly an intelligent tactic,

It was a set piece. He'd have still been on Van Dijk if he was in midfield.

My point is there are some things a manager has no control over. 

4 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

Ndidi’s performance at CB against Liverpool was also far superior to anything that Cags has produced recently 

Was it? It just seems like we had 10 men in our box for most of the game, so there was very little chance of any errors.

He's given Van Dijk two free headers when his only job was to mark VVD. The only time a player ran at him he he fell on his arse. 

I hope he plays CB again today and we can see how good he actually is when we're getting counter attacked and Rodgers is demanding the team play risky football on the edge of our box.

There were quite a few calls of ooh we missed out on Rangnick, he would have been perfect for us etc etc…I would argue that Man U are in a worse state than they were prior to his arrival both on and off the field yet has all that personal experience and talent to work with & these are “better” players than we currently have.

How many of our players would displace someone from that United 11 today, take glasses off 1st.

Just now, BKLFox said:

There were quite a few calls of ooh we missed out on Rangnick, he would have been perfect for us etc etc…I would argue that Man U are in a worse state than they were prior to his arrival both on and off the field yet has all that personal experience and talent to work with & these are “better” players than we currently have.

How many of our players would displace someone from that United 11 today, take glasses off 1st.

Rangnick at United is hard to judge though, it's pretty obvious he doesn't rate a lot of them and they probably don't buy in to him either. Add in that he'll probably be moving upstairs at the end of the season.

8 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Tielemans and Ndidi definitely get in the Man United team over McTominay and Fred. Castagne and Ricardo when fully fit are probably in the conversation too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

They are definitely in a worse state. If you change your manager you had better get it right otherwise you can get stuck in a revolving door state and the board lose credibility. Look at the players since he got there. Ronaldo head has gone. Rashford McGuire Bruno. All look lost. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I don't think he's ever blamed anybody but himself. Only recently has he criticised the players publicly.

But he can't win because when he doesn't criticise the players people moan about him not "being honest". But when he does criticise the players, the same people moan that "he's deflecting the blame".

...he does not blame himself!!!

He does not take any responsibility for team selection, tactics or substitutions, he always comes on and say they players did a good job. Totally contrary to what we had all witnessed. 

For him now to come and  blame the players for not following orders, when it was prudent to resolve the problems a long time ago, only makes this look like self preservation. 

His "dishonesty" has come back to bite him.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Nah, he does.

He’s protected the players too much at times and it’s only now he’s finally putting his foot down and saying enough is enough and outing them in public for being shit and taking the piss. No idea how you can say he hasn’t blamed himself in the past. 

...you are saying he has protected the players, but that was not through taking responsibility!!!

Instead of "protecting the players" all this time, he should have taken a less lenient option. So the same problems continues and have never get resolved. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think he’s protected them because the side were still young when he came in, so he probably thought that they’d learn naturally with age.

Unfortunately seems like some haven’t though and he’s ran out of patience, which is fair enough at this point. I don’t really know what else he’s meant to do. He can’t really win at the minute. 

Yeah, that’s his problem. 

10 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I think he’s protected them because the side were still young when he came in, so he probably thought that they’d learn naturally with age.

Unfortunately seems like some haven’t though and he’s ran out of patience, which is fair enough at this point. I don’t really know what else he’s meant to do. He can’t really win at the minute. 

He's praised them for playing how he's asked despite us notching up about 5-10 decent performances in the last 14 months, now they're doing the same thing but fans are turning on him it's now their fault for not playing how he wants them to lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Tielemans and Ndidi definitely get in the Man United team over McTominay and Fred. Castagne and Ricardo when fully fit are probably in the conversation too. 

When fully fit is key, I’d have JJ over Shaw when fully fit, I’d have Fofana partnering Varane when fully fit could put an argument in for Vardy also, as for Tielemens and Ndidi yes last 2 seasons they would but today I’m not so sure.

Our squad is operating on 60/70% and yes it’s up to Rodgers to stoke the fires but he can’t replace the quality of those missing with understudies and expect to be 100% 

I don’t believe he’s lost players, I believe Tielemens at 24yrs old is trying to make a grown up decision on his future fighting his head and heart it’s affecting him, as well as burnout same with Ndidi on the burnout.

Someone has mentioned a 3yr cycle but it’s not necessarily the manager that needs to go it’s is a refresh of the squad, players age get complacent, lose the spark, tactics / football change etc etc.

Eddie Jones recently mentioned all this with regards to the ENG rugby hence seeing proven outstanding players being replaced with younger, different skill set players yet it’s still him.

Agree Rodgers needs to change with the flow also but we are all assuming he’s not when the reality is none of us know what goes on in Seagrave and just taking snapshots of interviews to fit a perceived narrative.

As for the latest round of xg expected goals guff, confidence is low you don’t need to be an elite manager to layout your team talk to play us, I’m sat in my kitchen and I’d be saying right just keep pumping the ball into the box, work for corners and set pieces..it’s as simple as that.

We need a couple of games where we defend those corners and set pieces better, we might lose the game but confidence comes from winning those sets, you can drill that until the cows come home but you can’t flick a switch in someone’s head, if he could I’m sure there’s quite a few people in a thread in the general chat section that would like to talk to him.

Im praying the crowd is fully behind Leicester City today regardless of result if anyone booing the manager doesn’t think that affects the players in a negative way, well I’m lost.