Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

A win today (very unlikely) will only paint over the cracks. I still want him gone regardless of today’s result. I think a fresh face is necessary 

When does continued papering over the cracks turn into a solution? Asking for a friend….   :ph34r:

I don't think I've ever seen a manager spiral so badly and quickly as Rodgers has. He's always been a good manager, did well with Swansea, unfortunate not to win the league with Liverpool before it went a bit bad there for him, then did really well at celtic, which we know wasn't too difficult as Rangers weren't a threat for the majority of his time there. Came here and started really well and the football was good and exciting. The 2 end of season collapses were poor but the 2 season on a whole including the fa Cup win were excellent. And this season has been a complete shit show from the off and doesn't show any signs of improving. Poor transfers, poor tactics, defensive shambles (especially from set pieces), poor subs. This isn't just down to the injuries, when you have injuries, your players should still be able to do the basics right. 

Incredible slide and loss of form that doesn't seem like ending. Of course we could go on a run and end up in the top 6/7 with our games in hand. Or the slump continues and we are dragged into the relegation battle. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

As for the latest round of xg expected goals guff, confidence is low you don’t need to be an elite manager to layout your team talk to play us, I’m sat in my kitchen and I’d be saying right just keep pumping the ball into the box, work for corners and set pieces..it’s as simple as that.

...sounds simplistic, a bit like  Rodgers approach to tactics!!!

If anything all you will have to do is press us, we can't play our way out, make far too many errors from defenders and Goal Keeper.

An inability to pass between the lines from the back, midfielders unable to take the ball under pressure and facing their own goal.

You do not have to keep lobbing balls into our box for success, even that becomes one dimensional and predictable. 

37 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Just imagine the disappointment on here if we win today....

Why would there be disappointment? All most of us want is for our team to do well and if they lose at least try their best and have a go.

Neither of which are happening at the minute.

1 hour ago, Yes said:

Amongst some dire teams and ours is the worst of the lot, Villa the only ones not relegated.

This is actually horrendous. Injuries aside the players we’ve been playing would have walked into the teams on that list and been head and shoulders above…

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...sounds simplistic, a bit like  Rodgers approach to tactics!!!

If anything all you will have to do is press us, we can't play our way out, make far too many errors from defenders and Goal Keeper.

An inability to pass between the lines from the back, midfielders unable to take the ball under pressure and facing their own goal.

You do not have to keep lobbing balls into our box for success, even that becomes one dimensional and predictable. 

Yep spot on. If I was a manager against leicester I'd be telling my players to high press and put the defenders under pressure and force mistakes. The mistakes will either lead direct to a goal or lead to us conceding a corner which in turn will lead to us conceding a goal. Teams can high press us more now as they don't have peak Vardy to worry about anymore. 

36 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We’ve not played good football for the whole season save for a few high profile exceptions. No one wants the team to lose. A fair few want the inevitable change rather than another false dawn.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

After two 5th place finishes and an FA cup win I think most people would love for Rodgers to be the one to turn it around. The issue for most is whether he actually has the ability to do that.

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is there an outcome today for which Top could pull the trigger?

What we've done against this lot recently won't bode well for him in terms of atmosphere today, but unless it's a real hammering I don't think he'll go. We'll probably win 5-0 then lose to Randers knowing us

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

What we've done against this lot recently won't bode well for him in terms of atmosphere today, but unless it's a real hammering I don't think he'll go. We'll probably win 5-0 then lose to Randers knowing us

Yes, this is the worry, and although they have dropped off form wise recently, they are finding ways to win. 

2 hours ago, majaco said:

Rodgers is not a terrible manager.

He has got some things wrong.   If there is the right manager to come in,  it might be Time to change.

If he went now, history would suggest he wasone of our best ever managers.

Agree... he isn't bad. . Hes just got some gaps.... a lack of reality and sn inability to accept responsibility .  All managers have them...  getting out of denial is the key.

• Like 1

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Its injuries, it's a small squad,  5th is good, the squad need rebuilding, it a lack if hunger in the team

It's never that he got the selection wrong, that the tactics are wrong, he hasn't build psychological strength, that the subs were wrong, that the subs were late, that last summer's recruitment was hopeless, that his coaching misses out sorting out defe ding of corners, that his teams are muscled out (re prague twice, and villa in the league cup semi).

It always some other issue where he is not to blame.

To be fair the recruitment and set pieces are bang on. They stunk. But, at the time we all thought Soumare and Daka were great signings, and Lestergaard was welcomed as a very good addition and given a hero's welcome against man city where ironically he had his best game ( his only good game) I think the defensive options being depleted so much for so long have not helped the set piece defending either but that is on Rodgers. I just don't think he deserves the hounding out just yet. If we lose the next 2 or 3 and are just above the drop zone then it's probably good night.

12 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is there an outcome today for which Top could pull the trigger?

We'd have to be 3/4-0 down at half time and do fcuk all about it second half.

Half the stadium would go home early and Rodgers run naked on the pitch and twat the ref.

On Monday morning he'd be given the dreaded "vote of confidence".

• Like 1