Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Rafa,Jose, Ralph,Nuno, Lampard, and dozens more, all really top managers all been sacked….most clubs have spells where it doesn’t go how you would want it to…….don’t hear much clamour for Bielsa to be fired, Dyche to go, and honestly, pre West Ham would you have taken Moyes….probably not…..?

Point being over his time here, Brendan has been good for the club, progress was being made, and whilst that progress has faltered so far this year, he deserves time, and players back from injury before it is considered he should be leaving the club.

Just off to the game…..come on Leicester…..get behind the boys today….

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...sounds simplistic, a bit like  Rodgers approach to tactics!!!

If anything all you will have to do is press us, we can't play our way out, make far too many errors from defenders and Goal Keeper.

An inability to pass between the lines from the back, midfielders unable to take the ball under pressure and facing their own goal.

You do not have to keep lobbing balls into our box for success, even that becomes one dimensional and predictable. 

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Yep spot on. If I was a manager against leicester I'd be telling my players to high press and put the defenders under pressure and force mistakes. The mistakes will either lead direct to a goal or lead to us conceding a corner which in turn will lead to us conceding a goal. Teams can high press us more now as they don't have peak Vardy to worry about anymore. 

Pumping balls into the box sounds simplistic because it is simplistic even more so than telling your team to press & force mistakes because there is an art to that & not every team can do it & do it well otherwise they would but any team can pump balls into a panicked  box.

Even for all of Liverpool’s dominance their goals came from balls pumped in and they were 1st to react to both 1st and more importantly the 2nd ball.

What really worried me was how Rodgers was almost proud of the Liverpool performance and accepted a 2-0 loss as some sort of triumph as players just didn't simply give up. 

It sends the wrong message IMO - it's as if just actually simply trying is something to be proud of which is a big eye opener on how bad things have got. 

Yes, I'm not stupid enough to think we're going to rock up at Anfield and get 3 points easily but I want to hear the highest expectations from the manager. 

• Like 2

Brendan Rodgers feels like he’s arranged a job somewhere , wants to sabotage what he’s done so far , jump ship and have the sympathy of the media “aw well he had bad injuries “ but still a elite manager when he gets another job .  And take some Leicester players on the cheap . What a terrible man .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Wants to rebuild yet after 3 years, we only have 2 of his signings in the starting lineup, 1 of which is cover for injury. Because everyone he signs just don't make the cut. 

He's just awful in the market and he wants to buy half a squad :cry:

Not that long ago, I got hammered on here, for asking, how many of his players have improved the squad?

• Sad 1