Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

The sub made **** all difference ffs. I wouldn’t have made it but it hasn’t cost us. Pure confirmation bias where no matter what happens now, there’ll be something to find to beat Brendan with no matter the merits

If you bring on a defender for a midfielder the whole structure of your team changes. They didn’t look like scoring, it was stupid - and I have always supported Rodgers.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Did he really bring on Vestergaard to protect a 1 goal lead :(

How many times has that been successful? 

Not watched the game but were West Ham even looking like scoring before the lazy giant was brought on?!

They huffed and puffed but we pretty much kept them at arms length in the second half. Vestergaard was brought on and we changed shape entirely to accommodate him and we conceded from a corner amidst the confusion and pressure.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, dmayne7 said:

Almost off his elbow. Half on the sleeve. 

Might be different if he headed it onto that part of his arm or hadn't directly led to the goal but to out it straight in with his arm is wrong and shouldn't count

Rules are rules 

E4619FFB-48E0-4CAF-818B-BB3A56317890.jpeg

Just now, darko2k7 said:

The sub literally made no difference to the result stop finding any excuse to hammer him every time something goes wrong . He makes a goal line clearing header you then say Rodgers is a genius 

Yes thats true but he didnt make a goal line clearing header, he stayed rooted to the ground whilst the attacker jumped and won the ball and scored.

5 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

The sub made **** all difference ffs. I wouldn’t have made it but it hasn’t cost us. Pure confirmation bias where no matter what happens now, there’ll be something to find to beat Brendan with no matter the merits

What cost us is having us sit off for 20 minutes and deciding to defend.our 18 yard box for the last 10.  Taking off a midfield body for a cb do 'see out' the last 4 minutes against a team that play for crosses into the giant players they have. 

No matter what way you spin it. It was garbage management.  It's pure bias to suggest he didn't get it wrong. 

• Like 4

Just now, darko2k7 said:

The sub literally made no difference to the result stop finding any excuse to hammer him every time something goes wrong . He makes a goal line clearing header you then say Rodgers is a genius 

He shouldn't have even been on the pitch, it was the worst substitution he could have made. And yes it did cost us because Youri would have been in midfield to close them down and stop the build up leading to the corner. Youri could have also helped control the midfield for the last 7 minutes and seen the game out. 

Another terrible decision from Brendan which has cost us points.

• Like 2

Every time he gets advice from That geography teacher looking **** at the end of a game we make a shit sub and concede. 

If Rodgers genuinely thinks it isn’t his fault then he needs to get better people around him! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, darko2k7 said:

He was never going to do that though because he's a useless skin suit.

The point is that the substitution invited them to attack and us to defend and our defence is currently our weakest suit.

Unnecessary and I guarantee we don't drop back deep enough for that goal to happen without that change.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, darko2k7 said:

You cannot possibly believe this. 

5 minutes ago, darko2k7 said:

It invited pressure of course it did, he needs to stop these kind of subs in games we leading narrowly.

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Still Rodgers in and I’m not sorry. 

Ok, I’ll bite. I like your posts. 

Why? What do you see in him?

My only reservation in sacking him before the post match interview would be how much it will cost, but keeping him rather than bringing in a football manager will cost us players. Ndidi, Maddison, Ricardo, Barnes-are they really going to hang around in the summer to be coached like this? Let’s get some tactical nous in, get some good feelings going among our still excellent squad (easy to forget I know) and get people wanting to play here next season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

He shouldn't have even been on the pitch, it was the worst substitution he could have made. And yes it did cost us because Youri would have been in midfield to close them down and stop the build up leading to the corner. Youri could have also helped control the midfield for the last 7 minutes and seen the game out. 

Another terrible decision from Brendan which has cost us points.

What like when youri kept us so cool in midfield against Spurs? You can not us what ifs could easily still have happened without the sub but we will never know 

Just once I would love someone in the media to ask him why he continues to make that sub when it's clear it doesn't work. It either cost us or nearly cost us so many games in the last few years, it's a joke. Very nearly cost us the FA Cup final, bringing on an extra centre back to see it out. He hasn't learnt it doesn't work and I don't think he ever will.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

He was never going to do that though because he's a useless skin suit.

The point is that the substitution invited them to attack and us to defend and our defence is currently our weakest suit.

Unnecessary and I guarantee we don't drop back deep enough for that goal to happen without that change.

Not only that, but what kind of message does that change send out to the players after a half where they've played some of their best in ages?

The shape was working and we were limiting their chances, why then change that shape to make room for someone who is objectively the worst defender/player we have in the squad? Even more, he's made similar changes recently and they've resulted in the same capitulations. He just does not learn. 

• Like 1