Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

Universally condemned? You now consider yourself to be the universe?? Wow. 😳

Where have I said that? You are having to defend yourself against multiple people because your opinion is vile. And you are now resulting to personal insults to back it up, good work.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It fully blows my mind people think fourth is better than winning a cup. 

The way the Chelsea players were celebrating you'd think they do too.

A trophy every single day of the week please.

Just now, TrentFox said:

Says who? We compete to survive, grow and develop. An FA cup main mid magnificent, but doesn’t fuel that. A CL place might. 

Says who? Me? I wanna see us win trophies. 

Why does Harry Kane wanna leave Spurs? Why did Walker leave them? Why did Mahrez leave us? To win things. 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Where have I said that? You are having to defend yourself against multiple people because your opinion is vile. And you are now resulting to personal insults to back it up, good work.

Multiple people? 😂😂😂. Two incoherent ones. I don’t need to defend an opinion. 😂😂

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, chapero82 said:

Bottled it as usual 

Lost against a side with 2.5 times the resources and wage bill after beating them twice this season. 

You really don't deserve this team. Go support man City.

4 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

We're the only team that's been in the top 4 all season. That's fairly consistent if you ask me.

We're competing against teams who've spent a lot more money than we have, and we just won the FA Cup.

Today was a bit disappointing but not many teams beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Plus they'd have had the lift from getting supporters in the stadium.

We got one over on them on Saturday. Brendan tried something. It didn't work. Every manager makes decisions their fans question in defeat, but we're where we are in the league for the second season running because more often than not we're doing the right thing on the pitch. Every season (bar the season we won the league) our points total is getting higher. 

Thats showing consistent progress. 

Not sure why some fans automatically assume we're going to walk every game. We're not Spurs fans. Lets be realistic about where we are and where we've come from.

Fuch. Me. Sideways.

It isn't that I expect us to be battering teams like Man City or Liverpool of last year. And Man City they lost tonight.

But if anyone can't see that until Rodgers subbed off Maddison and put on Iheanacho we were utterly shite. Plenty of posters on this forum can recognise that for 70 minutes we were off the boil and toothless. Maddison and Perez have been abject and the ultimate responsibility of that is on Brendan's head as the manager for his choices.

Like not starting the players that's been on form for us for the past 3-4 months.

Even after the FA cup win, the talk from players and Rodgers was all about forgetting it and getting back to training and working for tonight's match etc... That didn't happen.

The standard thing in football is even if you lose, make sure you give it your all and at least show there was desire. No shame in losing to the better team on the night if they out faught us. But we barely faught tonight and that's what's bringing up people's ire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Says who? Me? I wanna see us win trophies. 

Why does Harry Kane wanna leave Spurs? Why did Walker leave them? Why did Mahrez leave us? To win things. 

Money. Don’t believe the agent’s BS 😂😂

Kane is literally leaving a team he's been at since 2004 and played multiple in champions league campaigns with, including a final, because he wants to win trophies. If you're not bothered about trophies what's the actual point? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Still Pearson above Rodgers for me.

He galvanized players to become fighters and leaders on the pitch. The way players said they'd run through brick walls for him.

As much as Brendan can improve the techniques and tactics... Getting the players to grow a pair doesn't seem to be in his locker.

Not sure these players would run through paper mache half the time.

What a difference two days make, I’m sure you where not saying this on Saturday. 

10 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Opinions. Personally, I’d give up the cup in a heartbeat for CL. Cup is for fans to abuse Derby supporters online and claim bragging rights in pubs. CL covers a £68m loss last year and sustains the club. 

Fcuk me ... just bewildered absolutely bewildering. Yes your opinion and fair enough but wow. 

Just now, TrentFox said:

Money. Don’t believe the agent’s BS 😂😂

So why did OUR captain explain that winning the FA Cup was like winning the league?

Why was Vardy basically crying?

Why did Kasper say pre match how excited he was to be playing in a cup final.

Ffs. It’s too late for this.

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Bottled it as usual 

I've said similar things in the past, but we've just had one of the best days in our history having given everything we had and came up against a quality side that were bang up for it for obvious reasons. I don't think this one came down to bottle. 

• Like 4

Just now, TrentFox said:

Reread your own argument. You have  claimed universal support for a view of a couple of  people ! 😂😂

No I didn’t, I suggested that your argument of ‘opinions’ isn’t valid because sometimes people’s opinions are terrible, and I pointed out yours was.

You can’t back up any debate with the word ‘opinions’ after it.

Champions League is great in the short term but we'd need years of it to really become established and even then players will want to move. League titles and getting to finals are what matters to them.

As for pushing the club, we need to reassess how we do things. Trim the wage bill hugely and be more sensible with the deals we hand out. It may need another big sale too.

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Exactly this word for word.

I know I’m not allowed to blow up on Brendan so I’m going to try and remain balanced.

Yes, we set up tonight negative. Do I blame him? No. I’d of maybe set up differently. Nacho on? Maybe. Castange at CB? Maybe not. I could go on, but ok he’s made his decision...no complaints.

But this is what really REALLY ****s me off about Brendan and it’s not going to change - he doesn’t ****ing watch the game and be brave enough to change when anyone with a brain cell can see what’s happening!

Chelsea absolutely battered us in the first half and we were all over the place, it was a case of fair enough it needs changing. I knew Brendan wouldn’t do **** all until the break so was praying we would ride our luck.

We got so lucky to be 0-0 at HT and it was the perfect opportunity to take a risk and change tactics and this bloody formation that allows relentless pressure and no out ball..he didn’t do anything.

Look he’s got us 5th and an FA Cup. It’s a decent achievement and will always be grateful for that...but I just can’t not ignore the fact he is a hugely flawed manager and it happens over and over again. He is scared to make a big decision regardless of what is going on on the pitch.

Tonight he was stubborn and he bottled it, he invited the pressure on and it was a matter of time until we got what we deserved.

Good season, thanks Brendan but not a great season. We’ve failed twice on the main objective, unfortunately that’s the reality.

Finding myself agreeing with you a lot recently lol

As you say, he's done a decent job but honestly, the way some people go on you'd think he's dragged a team of no hopers to the FA Cup final and a European spot.

I feel like he's got a really good base. He likes to play footie, he's got great principles, superb man manager and he clearly understands the game very well. We've improved on last seasons points tally and won a cup final. 

It's not a poor season by any means, but for 10 million a year, I feel there's room for improvement.

His main weakness for me is his insistance on sticking with something for too long when it's plainly not working is something that will hold him back from being a great manager. We're now into 24 months of Perez and he's still trying to turn lead into gold with that one. It's no surprise that we have a high points won from losing positions and goals scored in the last 75 minutes. He doesn't start setting us up to attack a game until at least 60 minutes, no matter how clearly it isn't working.

Another one is that we look like a childrens under 10 team when it comes to set pieces.

He also needs to find a way to work with a bigger squad and rotate players. I don't know if it's his choice or not, but to only use a small core of players in so many games seems mental to me and seems like a way for him to avoid being the bad guy by leaving people out.

Obviously we're not privvy to everything that's available. I'd probably give a C+/B- for this season. FA Cup win plus a really good start to the season while managing a squad with injuries to key players at different times.  Then let down by lacklustre performances at home, against Prague and at the end of the season when we had a really good chance to nail down a top 4 position. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Lost against a side with 2.5 times the resources and wage bill after beating them twice this season. 

You really don't deserve this team. Go support man City.

We lost top four against Southampton and Newcastle

It was obvious we wouldn’t get much out of the last 3 games 

4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Just had a read of your post history. Not a single post about our FA Cup win and yet here you are after a loss. How strange.

Because I don't need to come and talk about the FA cup win to enjoy it... As I was busy just enjoying it.

What's there to say about it that 100s of people haven't already mentioned over and over again?

It's fantastic! History making. But the season isn't over yet. So if some people want to just win the FA cup and just forgo the final games. Fair enough. But there's still loads of us that want Top 4 and Champions League.

But fuch us right?

Just now, Fox92 said:

So why did OUR captain explain that winning the FA Cup was like winning the league?

Why was Vardy basically crying?

Why did Kasper say pre match how excited he was to be playing in a cup final.

Ffs. It’s too late for this.

Yep. Butnit really isn’t that hard, is it? Players love winning. They also are well schooled in PR. Surely you can see through the comments they trot out? Once they are contractually obliged to a club, of course they want to win things. But the majority of them would  drop that contract in a heartbeat for a bigger and better contract elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

No I didn’t, I suggested that your argument of ‘opinions’ isn’t valid because sometimes people’s opinions are terrible, and I pointed out yours was.

You can’t back up any debate with the word ‘opinions’ after it.

“Are”