Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I think you’re all entitled personally - but I don’t live and die by Leicester results. 

hey ho 

entitled to think the 4th best paid manager in the league might be able to learn for conceding 2 goals in the 95 min just 3 weeks ago, and close out the win.

Lets be honest West Ham looked shite in the 2nd half

I didn't like the sub, but West Ham had dropped Rice back essentially as a quarter back and shoved Dawson up front for Rice to literally ping balls up. So in theory I get the idea of shoving on a taller body, even if it really does invite more pressure on.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

entitled to think the 4th best paid manager in the league might be able to learn for conceding 2 goals in the 95 min just 3 weeks ago, and close out the win.

Lets be honest West Ham looked shite in the 2nd half

The guy’s a troll, don’t feed him.

Excuses are wearing thin for him. I've argued before that the injury crisis is in part due to the way project restart and the Euros lined up leading to players going between June 2020 and now (20 months) with really two months off in that time, and that frankly that's a safety issue for the players to play that frequently and that much, but when you've got options (Thomas), playing a guy whose just come back from a year out with an ACL for 90 minutes Sunday and Thursday and then trying for it again the Sunday after is just woeful mismanagement of injuries. Chuck in the tactical stubbornness in things like the Vestegaard sub and he's slowly burning through any benefit of the doubt, even though 45-75 minutes was the best half hour of football we've played all season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I didn't like the sub, but West Ham had dropped Rice back and shoved Dawson up front for Rice to literally ping balls up. So in theory I get the idea of shoving on a taller body, even if it really does invite more pressure on.

Even if that were the theory, someone who has watched football since the late 90s might try pushing somebody onto Rice to stop the pinged balls. “Keirnan, just stand on that greasy fecker if he looks like getting near the ball.” Then if Rice does squeeze a decent ball forward, trust Amartey to deal with it as he had all of the second half. 

In any case, we’ve clearly established that if there’s one thing that Vestergaard is worse at than following his man, it’s winning a header against literally anybody.

No excuses for BR

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

His post match comments…

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers tells Sky Sports: "We have had a few of them lately, deflating for the players. Second half we were outstanding and first half West Ham were better. Second half was like watching us of old, speed of the game and chances. That is seven points dropped in our last three games from good positions, it is disappointing.

"There was anxiety there but possession is a mantra, you have to take the ball and be brave. Naturally, when you are inconsistent the crowd will be edgy. Second half we got up the pitch."

On Youri Tielemans: "Firstly he has not declined (a new contract). I have seen stories but the position is exactly the same. He is a fantastic player and there has been no movement. He has worked well and until his last days here, he will always give his best. He is a top professional and you saw his commitment today."

"We have closed out the game really well, made subs to see the game through. Kasper Schmeichel did not have too much to do today so from the static position, you have the height and numbers, just go deal with it. Unfortunately the last few games we have conceded late here. I was much happier with the mentality and intensity of the team, especially in the second half."

So why ask them to sit back then? 

Which he absolutley did because I saw him with my own eyes telling the players to stand off and sit in. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hales said:

Why bring on Vestergaard? Why? Why? Why? He ruined the momentum. 

Positives though, you could see the confidence growing as the game went on.

For me that was handball. It looked like it hit flesh not his sleeve.

Ir was the reverse Kalac affect.*

(*for those of us old enough to remember the Palace play off final.) 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

So why ask them to sit back then? 

Which he absolutley did because I saw him with my own eyes telling the players to stand off and sit in. 

He took off tielemans for Vestergaard so yeah it is obvious what he woanted the players to do. We looked comfortable for large periods and then he changes it 

Just now, fox in the sox said:

Can’t see the point of getting rid of him this season. We are 10 points above safety and have beaten Liverpool and nearly beat Spurs/West Ham recently so there is no way we are going down. He deserves the chance to try to sort it out in the summer and start next season.

No ****ing chance lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

Can’t see the point of getting rid of him this season. We are 10 points above safety and have beaten Liverpool and nearly beat Spurs/West Ham recently so there is no way we are going down. He deserves the chance to try to sort it out in the summer and start next season.

For now we are. Time is of the essence.