Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, The_77 said:

And then BR plonked the plank right in front of our keeper to completely ruin how we were defending corners, so even if it were a good sub in theory, he completely botched it. 

Oh yeah I didn't agree with the sub at all, but it's not like he chucked him on at 60 minutes and tried to see it out. He did it with a few minutes left, I'd personally keep it positive if we could though. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Even if that were the theory, someone who has watched football since the late 90s might try pushing somebody onto Rice to stop the pinged balls. “Keirnan, just stand on that greasy fecker if he looks like getting near the ball.” Then if Rice does squeeze a decent ball forward, trust Amartey to deal with it as he had all of the second half. 

In any case, we’ve clearly established that if there’s one thing that Vestergaard is worse at than following his man, it’s winning a header against literally anybody.

No excuses for BR

Already mentioned I didn't like the sub and I'd of personally still kept trying to be positive to snatch a 3rd and keep them a bit wary. If Rodgers had attempted to shut up shop like he has before with over 25 minutes left then fair enough it would be inexcusable but to do it with a couple of minutes to go I can get why he's done it even if I personally wouldn't of.

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

All valid points but I'm still Rodgers in.

The cost of sacking him is a massive factor.

I also strongly believe our injuries have been a major factor in our poor form. 

Yes he's made some poor decisions and yes we have a massive mentality issue.

But in the long run I believe sacking him would be a HUGE mistake.

For me it depends what people actually want and what would be in the long term best interests of the club.

Of course I want to enjoy watching my team again and I want us to win. 

But I also want us to succeed in the long term and I strongly believe Rodgers is doing that right now.

We've got an incredible generation of youngsters on the brink of breaking through into the first team and Rodgers is a huge part of bringing that philosophy forward behind the scenes.

We've also got a major overhaul planned for the summer with at least a couple of major players leaving.

I understand everyone's frustration, and believe me I share it.

But sacking him now risks disrupting EVERYTHING we're trying to do.

So unless we're in actual trouble of being relegated, I'm still 100% Rodgers In.

And I'm not sorry.  

You definitely some reasonable points (in a respectful manner!). 

I just don’t think we’ll disrupt everything we’re trying to do, I don’t think we should marry every chance at success to BR as long as we keep investing in our infrastructure and recruitment strategy and there are certainly deals where Rodgers strayed from that recruitment philosophy.

And we really have to wonder how much Rodgers has made the injury situation worse— just look at the week JJ had after coming back from an already mismanaged long-term injury. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

We were actually quite good in the second half. lol

Yeah baffled by anyone claiming otherwise. First half towards the end we were coming into it and breaking their press. Weirdly bar two calamity mistakes again, defended very well. Barely gave Antonio a sniff. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Tielemans is always gassed at the end of the game, and he ain’t good with his head, understood the sub, but extremely disappointed with our lack of presence at set pieces

Is he? I know he always looks knackered but I'm pretty sure that's his normal looks haha

Let's say he somehow can't managed to play 3 more minutes of the game, bring on Bouba instead and maintain the shape that's seen you look fortable for 44 minutes.

• Like 1

What is the logic behind the sub? We are under bombardment and need an ariel presence to deal with it??  

Never mind that we weren’t and the game was under control… but let’s see his £10m p/a thought process through…

If Vestergaard was so good at dealing with crosses into the box why wasn’t he playing all season seeing as we’ve CONCEDED ALL BLOODY SEASON THIS WAY.

He’s not having any positive impact on the team at all despite being the highest paid person at the club. Sack him now and write it off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Is he? I know he always looks knackered but I'm pretty sure that's his normal looks haha

Let's say he somehow can't managed to play 3 more minutes of the game, bring on Bouba instead and maintain the shape that's seen you look fortable for 44 minutes.

I said elsewhere we should have brought Hamza on, he would have been busy harrying.

• Like 3