Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

There’s no one out there available who we want! All in jobs I’d suspect and at this point if the season will be very hard to get someone in a job. It’s gone so stale now and something needs to change but I can’t see it unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Done with the bloke.

Absolutely ridiculous decision to not take the game to them today, how many times have we sat in and still lost the ****ing game. 

We had them on the ropes in that second half. If he’s going to turn this around, he will need to abandon his current tactical ideas general stubbornness, he has to go back to basics and stop trying to ‘tactically’ work his way out of games. West Ham’s approach was fairly basic, and in the end they got something because we let them. 

I genuinely don’t think Brendan is capable of turning this around, mainly due to his arrogance. 

I thought the same, Daka was isolated and lost, we needed to either get him into the game or change him, personally I'd have changed him as he didn't offer much. Another mistake by BR. 

10 minutes ago, Winsum said:

He said the anxiety go to the players, that sounds to me like calling out the fans

It’s comments like this that are the reason I can’t take to him. He’s always looking to protect his reputation and deflect blame.

Same goes with his comments about Vestergaard.

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex
11 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I actually thought the fans berating the players in the first half when they were shuffling it backwards and forwards across the back actually had a positive effect on the players, they started to go forward with more urgency and that in turn got us behind them. 

Think the fans know more about motivating players that BR

18 minutes ago, Mr Mister said:

His horrible defensive tactics are costing us. Always plays to our weakness at the later stages of the game.

Yep, that's 3 home games in a row when, from winning positions, he has replaced a more offensive player with a defensive one late in the game to hand the initiative to the opposition. 7 points gone there :doh:

• Like 1

I’m having a lot of trouble believing a manager who suffered a career-ending injury as a young player could be this careless with his own players’ health and careers. 

I really hope JJ didn’t suffer another serious setback. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

There’s no one out there available who we want! All in jobs I’d suspect and at this point if the season will be very hard to get someone in a job. It’s gone so stale now and something needs to change but I can’t see it unfortunately.

From some countries I imagine it would be very easy to convince them now. Also this is exactly what we did with Rodgers. Additionally how many would jump at the chance to come to England?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Yep, that's 3 home games in a row when, from winning positions, he has replaced a more offensive player with a defensive one late in the game to hand the initiative to the opposition. 7 points gone there :doh:

We’re a good team going forward, and a disaster at the back. The obvious thing is to keep playing to your strengths and not go defensive when every time you do you throw away the match.

Keep the ball forward, waste time at their corner flag, time waste in the opposition half, but don’t bring on Vestergaard and say ‘lads it’s ok, Jannick will head everything clear’

Another game thrown away at the death. Winning 2 - 1 with 6 minutes to go he brings on Vestergaard (yes, old Mr. Dependable) to shore up a previously untroubled defence. A minute later we concede from a corner and another 2 points get flushed down the toilet. That's 7 points squandered late on from winning positions in our last 3 home games. Bodgers (not a typo) does it again. Time and time again he goes ultra-defensive to protect a lead with a team that cannot defend. Utter madness! The very definition of insanity.

• Like 2

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

I thought there far more positive from this game then recent months. However, I have to look first at his questionable decisions as to why we’ve drawn game with 4/5 minutes left in a half we had controlled. 

Surely part must be down to confidence (in defence) but Brendan must be able to do more in these closing moments? Our set piece defending is like a nervous tick.  :(

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Surely part must be down to confidence (in defence) but Brendan must be able to do more in these closing moments? Our set piece defending is like a nervous tick.  :(

I did find his substitutions were strange again. When you’re ahead, playing with one striker (whose in the Daka/Vardy mold), holding up the ball is difficult but very important. I thought Madders did that so well second half. He carried it and held it. When he took him off for Lookman and not Kelechi (hindsight is a wonderful thing) I did think at the time it was wrong. I think that invited pressure when we were dominating. 

The Vestegaard sub was typical Brendan and safety first. I don’t think West Ham we’re that good today that we had to be cautious. I think if we played our game as we were, we would’ve seen it through. 

The two goals as usual were down to poor coaching/player intelligence. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

From some countries I imagine it would be very easy to convince them now. Also this is exactly what we did with Rodgers. Additionally how many would jump at the chance to come to England?

Yeah I agree there tbf money talks aswell

plus they all want to come to the premier league. Who would you want ?