Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It fully blows my mind people think fourth is better than winning a cup. 

It's not.

BUT...

4th has a bearing on next season. Cup is done now. History.

It's a concern about progression, who we can sign, and the impact on next season.

Coming 4th changes the entire outlook of a whole season (and beyond, possibly.)

Most of us weren't even there to enjoy the cup win.

• Like 2

This result was on him, we were getting overran in midfield and he never addressed it, Praet, Mendy and Hamza are all fresh having barely played and 1 should have been on at half time, Albrighton is good for about 1 game in 4 now and Ricardo was fresh on the bench.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

This result was on him, we were getting overran in midfield and he never addressed it, Praet, Mendy and Hamza are all fresh having barely played and 1 should have been on at half time, Albrighton is good for about 1 game in 4 now and Ricardo was fresh on the bench.

It says it all when he’s just said he has no complaints with how we played 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Gonna say one thing before I go to bed. 

Some of you do not deserve Leicester City and I wish you'd **** off elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Gonna say one thing before I go to bed. 

Some of you do not deserve Leicester City and I wish you'd **** off elsewhere.

Stuck in the late 90s fella? Must kill you that ceefax died out

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Opinions

But yours seem to  have become very personal. I’m truly sorry you are challenged by someone having a different outlook to yourself and feel the need to make it a slanging match. I’ll leave you to that. 

3 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Fuch. Me. Sideways.

It isn't that I expect us to be battering teams like Man City or Liverpool of last year. And Man City they lost tonight.

But if anyone can't see that until Rodgers subbed off Maddison and put on Iheanacho we were utterly shite. Plenty of posters on this forum can recognise that for 70 minutes we were off the boil and toothless. Maddison and Perez have been abject and the ultimate responsibility of that is on Brendan's head as the manager for his choices.

Like not starting the players that's been on form for us for the past 3-4 months.

Even after the FA cup win, the talk from players and Rodgers was all about forgetting it and getting back to training and working for tonight's match etc... That didn't happen.

The standard thing in football is even if you lose, make sure you give it your all and at least show there was desire. No shame in losing to the better team on the night if they out faught us. But we barely faught tonight and that's what's bringing up people's ire.

"We barely 'faught' tonight"... for the love of... will you just crawl back down that hole you came from?

YOU and the critics coming out of the woodwork working the benefit of hindsight with your imaginary coaching certificate made in Paint are what's bringing up people's ire. 

The worst part? All of your ilk that have already thrown in the towel with everything still in the balance. 

I've already given you way more attention than you deserve, which annoys me no end. On to the list you go.

• Like 2

There was a lot wrong about tonight’s performance but the fact that Rodgers kept Perez on for the full 90 minutes was the greatest sin of all.

Yes, you could say that it would have paid off if  Perez had put away that easy late chance. But he didn’t. And because of how awful he had been all night, it was no surprise that he didn’t.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Stuck in the late 90s fella? Must kill you that ceefax died out

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Guest Kopfkino
19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Says who? Me? I wanna see us win trophies. 

Why does Harry Kane wanna leave Spurs? Why did Walker leave them? Why did Mahrez leave us? To win things. 

But they didn’t leave to win the FA Cup did they? Kane, realistically isn’t leaving Spurs to search for an FA Cup win and a 5th place finish. Walker and Mahrez wouldn’t have been happy at Man City just winning the League Cup every year. The reality is that there is always a step up and players look to take that and instead of saying that, people dress it up as wanting to win trophies. Albeit in doing so they also highlight that it’s trophies rather than trophy.

I wouldn’t trade the FA Cup win now but CL is far better for the football club. We’ve seen before that it’s no guarantee of anything if you don’t use it well and the league is so competitive (also a reason we should be reallygrateful for the FA Cup win) that it’s tough to sustain anyway but it does have the potential to set you up to be a bit more of a permanent fixture at the top. Bit like giving a man a fish compared to teaching him to fish. 

Edited by Kopfkino

Just now, shen said:

"We barely 'faught' tonight"... for the love of... will you just crawl back down that hole you came from?

YOU and the critics coming out of the woodwork working the benefit of hindsight with your imaginary coaching certificate made in Paint are what's bringing up people's ire. 

The worst part? All of your ilk that have already thrown in the towel with everything still in the balance. 

I've already given you way more attention than you deserve, which annoys me no end. On to the list you go.

Yeah my phone didn't correct the typo. 

And why don't you go jog on in your happy happy land of rainbows and unicorns where everything is all perfect and sunshine.

Tonight Leicester City played shit!

Can anyone really find anything to disagree with that accessment apart from "We won the cup"

We’d of achieved absolute nowhere near what we’ve achieved in the past 2 years without Rodgers. 

We have no right to be in that Top 4 based of what other teams spend and the strength in depth they have compared to us. 

If we don’t get top 4 then so be it because Rodgers got us in this position in the first place, and Id be very surprised if any manager in world football got what Rodgers gets out of this squad 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

It's not.

BUT...

4th has a bearing on next season. Cup is done now. History.

It's a concern about progression, who we can sign, and the impact on next season.

Coming 4th changes the entire outlook of a whole season (and beyond, possibly.)

Most of us weren't even there to enjoy the cup win.

Football is about winning things though. I'd bet a large amount kane would swap his champions league outings to have won an fa cup at spurs. 

9 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I've said similar things in the past, but we've just had one of the best days in our history having given everything we had and came up against a quality side that were bang up for it for obvious reasons. I don't think this one came down to bottle. 

I will also add that winning a major trophy is something that the likes of Aston Villa, Leeds and Everton haven't done since the 90s and Tottenham, who are supposedly one of the 'big six' haven't done since 2008. If we don't finish in the top four I still think we've done enough to rid ourselves of the 'bottlers' tag by winning a trophy. 

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Football is about winning things though. I'd bet a large amount kane would swap his champions league outings to have won an fa cup at spurs. 

Yeah you're not wrong there.

However Kane plays for Spurs who, in part due to their regular Champions League outtings are frequently referred to as part of the 'big 6'.

It's about longevity and establishing ourselves at the top. A cup win won't do that, just ask Wigan Athletic.

Spurs did brilliant when they just got top four with no trophies, look at them now. I’m sure they would rather have a league and fa cup win then any of their times finishing top 4. Top 4 would be great but it isn’t the be all or end all, we have progressed yet again this season and have a major title to show for it 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Finding myself agreeing with you a lot recently lol

As you say, he's done a decent job but honestly, the way some people go on you'd think he's dragged a team of no hopers to the FA Cup final and a European spot.

I feel like he's got a really good base. He likes to play footie, he's got great principles, superb man manager and he clearly understands the game very well. We've improved on last seasons points tally and won a cup final. 

It's not a poor season by any means, but for 10 million a year, I feel there's room for improvement.

His main weakness for me is his insistance on sticking with something for too long when it's plainly not working is something that will hold him back from being a great manager. We're now into 24 months of Perez and he's still trying to turn lead into gold with that one. It's no surprise that we have a high points won from losing positions and goals scored in the last 75 minutes. He doesn't start setting us up to attack a game until at least 60 minutes, no matter how clearly it isn't working.

Another one is that we look like a childrens under 10 team when it comes to set pieces.

He also needs to find a way to work with a bigger squad and rotate players. I don't know if it's his choice or not, but to only use a small core of players in so many games seems mental to me and seems like a way for him to avoid being the bad guy by leaving people out.

Obviously we're not privvy to everything that's available. I'd probably give a C+/B- for this season. FA Cup win plus a really good start to the season while managing a squad with injuries to key players at different times.  Then let down by lacklustre performances at home, against Prague and at the end of the season when we had a really good chance to nail down a top 4 position. 

🤣🤣 do you not usually agree with me then? 🤣.

Yeah as you said though, some people seem to like to think Hes brought this bunch of no hopers to success as if they are average players and that’s the bit I can’t let go by. Some of our performances tonight were as good as you’ll see still. I thought Fofana and Soyuncu and Castange were superb for the majority of it but relentless pressure what do you expect?

Perez and Madders are an absolute embarrassment right now and I’m sorry to say as he is a legend but Vardy offers absolutely nothing anymore, he doesn’t run he doesn’t press and Chelsea pushed up knowing those front 3 were about as threatening as a poodle attacking a bunch of Dobermans!

Like you said, it’s almost laughable how he doesn’t react until the games dead and then we start attacking and actually look ok. I know people like to mention all those early home games but for me West Ham away, Newcastle home and today were painfully similar and when we just took the handbrake off we looked ok! I’m trying to make excuses for Brendan but it’s seriously frustrating.

Hes won an FA Cup, fact. Because of this, by hook or by crook he’s achieved something so fair play. However even in the cup final, let’s be honest Youri world class, Kasper world class, VAR? Phew. A wins a wins and a cups a cup but again it suggests more to me that our squad and not our manager is a high level.

The key to this summer is keeping this squad together! Brendan had huge flaws in afraid and sometimes I’m at the end of my patience, but he’s won as an FA Cup and 5th back to back, I think the truth really is he’s ok, he’s decent, he has qualities - this dismisses the ‘useless’ tag. However the ‘elite’ tag or the ‘big club’ links are embarrassing imo. He really is more like a David Moyes level manager, very decent, capable but probably below an elite position.

Trying to remain balanced, but next season he really needs another big season for me and I think it really depends if he can get the squad to stay together and go again. It’ll take huge mental strength to come back from 2 huge failures. The FA Cup is a lovely silver lining but whichever way anyone wants to dress it up, we have really ballsed it up twice and there’s no mistaking that unfortunately.

Guest Kopfkino
3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Idk. Being serious that night in Amsterdam must have been right up there even if you don’t get a medal for it.

Just now, Nod.E said:

Yeah you're not wrong there.

However Kane plays for Spurs who, in part due to their regular Champions League outtings are frequently referred to as part of the 'big 6'.

It's about longevity and establishing ourselves at the top. A cup win won't do that, just ask Wigan Athletic.

I'd say it's progression though. Probably the second best season in our clubs history so we're still moving in the right direction. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kopfkino said:

Idk. Being serious that night in Amsterdam must have been right up there even if you don’t get a medal for it.

Yea probably. I still think he'd have gave that final up to have won the league though 

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

But they didn’t leave to win the FA Cup did they? Kane, realistically isn’t leaving Spurs to search for an FA Cup win and a 5th place finish. Walker and Mahrez wouldn’t have been happy at Man City just winning the League Cup every year. The reality is that there is always a step up and players look to take that and instead of saying that, people dress it up as wanting to win trophies. 

I wouldn’t trade the FA Cup win now but CL is far better for the football club. We’ve seen before that it’s no guarantee of anything if you don’t use it well and the league is so competitive (also a reason we should be reallygrateful for the FA Cup win) that it’s tough to sustain anyway but it does have the potential to set you up to be a bit more of a permanent fixture at the top. Bit like giving a man a fish compared to teaching him to fish. 

We'd need to do it a lot of times to become permanent. If we're in a race for players with Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United then we'll pretty much always lose out- we lost Kante as League champions to a team not even in Europe that season. However, winning cups will hopefully give us an advantage over the likes of Everton and West Ham and we're pretty much guaranteed to be getting better European football than both next season.

I can see the arguments for the Champions League being good for improving contracts and helping financially but, if it's on what you do on the pitch, we should be ahead of our rivals in that respect.

I just don't see the club being transformed by a season of Champions League football that could more than likely end before Christmas.

• Like 3