Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

Can’t see him going anywhere. Once everyone is back we’ll be fine.

It's not defensive personnel though and the biggest problem (kasper) gets picked every week.

The system is the biggest issue- even when Evans was fit it was a problem.

2 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

The senior members of the club don’t want ‘fine’, they want a team to challenge. 

Brendan has lost control of things, and personally I think the writing is on the wall. It’s going to take a monumental shift in fortunes for things to improve, and judging on yesterday’s on pitch arguments, and tactical incompetence things aren’t looking good for him.

This idea that our owners won’t sack him because of his wage is plain daft, do we not think that they would have thought of this when they wrote up the contract? These guys are savvy business people, they won’t do their own legs by making Brendan untouchable, their expectations are European football? And if we fluff the conference league, then I’m pretty sure the owners will take action either this season or in the summer.

If he doesn’t achieve what they want, he’s gone, and it’s a simple as that, they sacked the only manager ever to win us the league, so Brendan is far from safe. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I honestly don’t think this abates so easily. We are in a serious slump and have been now for about a year. The league form has been calamitous at times and embarrassing exits from Europe both seasons and the FA cup this year haven’t helped matters either. 

Even in spite of the injuries, we had the players to progress through that group and we had enough fire power to beat (or at least not get hammered) by Forest. I honestly don’t understand how anyone can come to any other view. The problem now is that as soon as we get one back, due to “bad luck” or rather mismanagement, we get another or the same player quickly injured again. This has been happening for a long time now but people will continue to ignore it. We are also tactically horrendous, naive and so down on confidence.

I really don’t understand how BR supporters can criticise the sceptics because we largely pin all of this on him but still think that just one player coming back (Fofana) will completely turn the clubs fortunes around. Is he really the difference between 15th and 5th? That seems even more unlikely to me.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

There always seems to be an excuse. Once so and so is back, then it becomes once so and so and so is back etc. 

Its about time Rodgers took some proper responsibility. He can't hide behind injuries when his management is contributing to them.

• Like 1

What’s happening is extra galling when you look at how no team is consolidating fourth. 
We have blown winning positions too many times this season. Quite a few seem to happen directly after he decides to defend the lead. Hopefully he’ll see his own shortcomings in this respect and try something different like he did with corners. 

9 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

I honestly don’t think this abates so easily. We are in a serious slump and have been now for about a year. The league form has been calamitous at times and embarrassing exits from Europe both seasons and the FA cup this year haven’t helped matters either. 

Even in spite of the injuries, we had the players to progress through that group and we had enough fire power to beat (or at least not get hammered) by Forest. I honestly don’t understand how anyone can come to any other view. The problem now is that as soon as we get one back, due to “bad luck” or rather mismanagement, we get another or the same player quickly injured again. This has been happening for a long time now but people will continue to ignore it. We are also tactically horrendous, naive and so down on confidence.

I really don’t understand how BR supporters can criticise the sceptics because we largely pin all of this on him but still think that just one player coming back (Fofana) will completely turn the clubs fortunes around. Is he really the difference between 15th and 5th? That seems even more unlikely to me.

Agree. I still have an image of Fofana getting absolutely rinsed at a corner by Paul Dummett of all people as Newcastle surged into a 4-0 lead. Our malaise started before Fofana's injury.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

One of the problems with Rodgers (and there's a good few) is he's bad at dealing with pressure. It was the same at Liverpool. At Celtic he was in his element because his only challenger was Rangers who were miles behind and only just got promoted again. They were streets ahead of everyone else anyway.

At Leicester two very good first halves to the season but that put pressure on to finish top 4 and it fell apart in the run in. The other factor of the pressure is the downward spiral effect. He's a streaky manager who can't get out of a slump. When things are going well and the confidence is flowing he's great. The minute things turn it's like he loses confidence in himself as a manager.

Just now, gazzaa2 said:

One of the problems with Rodgers (and there's a good few) is he's bad at dealing with pressure. It was the same at Liverpool. At Celtic he was in his element because his only challenger was Rangers who were miles behind and only just got promoted again. They were streets ahead of everyone else anyway.

At Leicester two very good first halves to the season but that put pressure on to finish top 4 and it fell apart in the run in. The other factor of the pressure is the downward spiral effect. He's a streaky manager who can't get out of a slump. When things are going well and the confidence is flowing he's great. The minute things turn it's like he loses confidence in himself as a manager.

This is it.

He is brilliant when he first comes into a club. His chipper approach and philosophy works when things are going well, but as soon as things turn he can’t adapt.

He carries on trying to implement his style and it just doesn’t work, he will then semi come away from it, but will then be stuck between his philosophy and an attempt to fix things. 

We’re stagnating, the football is largely awful, and we’re constantly shooting ourself in the foot. 

The decision to sit back yesterday and try to see the game out was never going to work. 

Bren is an Ulsterman, they are born politicians and are masters of defending a position even when it seem totally illogical to the outside world. Yet strangely he is a polar opposite of O'Neil. He will keep us around mid table for evermore I would think, but being Everton won't do for some.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Wonder what the narrative would have been if he didnt bring Vestiguarrd on and we still conceded that goal.

If it was a game like Brighton where we were getting battered, I could understand if a manager was making a tactical substitution to try to regain some control or stabilise. However, when a manager makes a tactical substitution for no reason (like yesterday when we were in complete control), then it is baffling and a huge mistake.

It was a gamble for no reason and it backfired massively.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

1. No they bloody won't, sticking Vardy and Fofana into this team will not improve us enough to where we want to be, we're a ****ing joke.

2. They won't ever be back because we keep getting injuries constantly because of the manager!!

How can people think we'll be fine once two players are back?? WE'RE CONCEDING 2 GOALS A GAME!!!!!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If it was a game like Brighton where we were getting battered, I could understand if a manager was making a tactical substitution to try to regain some control or stabilise. However, when a manager makes a tactical substitution for no reason (like yesterday when we were in complete control), then it is baffling and a huge mistake.

It was a gamble for no reason and it backfired massively.

By the way I'm not trying to say he was right.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It's not defensive personnel though and the biggest problem (kasper) gets picked every week.

The system is the biggest issue- even when Evans was fit it was a problem.

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Once everyone is back we'll be fine is the biggest piece of self delusion I've ever heard. They won't ever all be back under Rodgers, stop kidding yourself. Its the end of the road for him.

47 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

46 minutes ago, Dames said:

There always seems to be an excuse. Once so and so is back, then it becomes once so and so and so is back etc. 

Its about time Rodgers took some proper responsibility. He can't hide behind injuries when his management is contributing to them.

Honestly just wanna say thank you for posts like these, sometimes I think I'm losing the plot and I'm the only one who is seeing these things.

• Like 2

There is light at the end of the tunnel!

I’ve posted a highly critical post on my Facebook wall about BR, and two Man Utd fans said they’d love him there!!!!!

Let’s hope they have significant influence over the MUFC board!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/02/2022 at 13:29, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We didn't have a pot to piss in during those eras though. 

We have all the resources we could hope for nowadays an it's still shit, that's why people are pissed off.

pre the Villareal game though the squad was in decent shape. 

Not many were saying we had a bad transfer window in the summer. 

The squad was strong in all areas. 

We havent ever spent money in January as its a sellers market and i dont blame them for that from a business perspective. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This is it.

He is brilliant when he first comes into a club. His chipper approach and philosophy works when things are going well, but as soon as things turn he can’t adapt.

He carries on trying to implement his style and it just doesn’t work, he will then semi come away from it, but will then be stuck between his philosophy and an attempt to fix things. 

We’re stagnating, the football is largely awful, and we’re constantly shooting ourself in the foot. 

The decision to sit back yesterday and try to see the game out was never going to work. 

As an analogy it's like someone who starts a new relationship every couple of years (or whatever timeframe). At first everything is great, he puts on his best face, but over time the flaws start to emerge and he can't put on a front anymore. 

• Like 1