Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, HUNTA84 said:

Rodgers reportedly coming out and saying we need to be realistic about Tielemans future at the club, realistically do we trust Rodgers to put that money to good use in the transfer market?  

This isn't Footy Manager 2003, these days head coaches are just that, coaches. They'll have some sort of an input probably but it's those higher up who ultimately decide who comes in and out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

pre the Villareal game though the squad was in decent shape. 

Not many were saying we had a bad transfer window in the summer. 

The squad was strong in all areas. 

We havent ever spent money in January as its a sellers market and i dont blame them for that from a business perspective. 

It's not just funds (which we don't have), it's everything surrounding the club that's at a level that we've never been anywhere near before. How much money spent on Seagrave and since we've been there we've been shit. 

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

pre the Villareal game though the squad was in decent shape. 

Not many were saying we had a bad transfer window in the summer. 

The squad was strong in all areas. 

We havent ever spent money in January as its a sellers market and i dont blame them for that from a business perspective. 

The problem with last summers transfers is that we perhaps were attempting to boost the squad with players who would improve our bench, rather than players who would go straight into the first team.  When the best way to improve the squad is to bring in players for the first team, which means previous first teamers  dropping to the bench, so naturally improving the strength of the bench and the first team.  Of course, bringing in ready made first team players would probably have cost more money than we  spent, and so that may have been the issue, given that we seem to be skint. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think he's that far off the sack...... 🙏🙏🙏

2 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

What do you reckon it’ll take for him to get the sack? 

I think he's gone if we get knocked out of Europe at any stage, more so given we're quite far off the European spots in the league. 

I've no doubt one of the objectives for the season would be to qualify for Europe next season - ECL is the only realistic way of doing that. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

This isn't Footy Manager 2003, these days head coaches are just that, coaches. They'll have some sort of an input probably but it's those higher up who ultimately decide who comes in and out.

There was no Footy Manager in 2003 🤓

• Haha 1

Just now, StanSP said:

I think he's gone if we get knocked out of Europe at any stage, more so given we're quite far off the European spots in the league. 

I've no doubt one of the objectives for the season would be to qualify for Europe next season - ECL is the only realistic way of doing that. 

Maybe that’s a line in his contract - less compensation if we sack you if you don’t achieve European football for following season. It could be why they’re being patient atm

Some posters on here are like mob bosses' wives, they can look past everything and one day it'll just work out fine with Rodgers. It's total Stockholm syndrome to think it'll just get better lol 

Edited by Stadt
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

To be fair, he shouldn’t have survived that 4-1 mauling by Forest.

Same with Puel after Newport. Its usually the result that makes the long term decision for them and then they get their house in order on what to do. 

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

There's both this and the fact even if they were they'd still not be able to defend well. I also think people are going to be disappointed if they expect us to get Evans back to any kind of fitness again and if that's the case then you can't really look back anyway.

The Justin situation in the last few games in a nutshell is everything wrong with Rodgers. We still can't defend, have been awful at the back in literally every game he's played upon return, rushed him back to playing three games in a week off the back of 11 months out and shock, horror, off injured he goes in the first half yesterday. That isn't something that's going to magically stop happening.

Agreed. Evans returned and we were equally as crap. Castagne and Ricardo returned and we were not much better. Justin looked promising in the first few mins vs Spurs but then defensively was suspect and has arguably been at fault for a few goals since.

The whole gaff stinks and the man at the helm holds the horse manure. Get him gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

What’s happening is extra galling when you look at how no team is consolidating fourth. 
We have blown winning positions too many times this season. Quite a few seem to happen directly after he decides to defend the lead. Hopefully he’ll see his own shortcomings in this respect and try something different like he did with corners. 

...it has been happening for too long now for him to change!!!

He did the same thing in his first game with us and we ended up losing to Watford in injury time.As soon as a team brings on a big man to compete upfront, Rodgers feels he has to react to it!!

In the end Vestergaard was nowhere near Dawson when the ball came in and was part of a very compact crowd surrounding Kasper, which prevented Kasper from being able to come and compete for the ball.

Which means, either Rodgers did not communicate his instructions to Vestergaard or the player did not understand what he had to do in that instance.

Perhaps preventing the cross coming in as opposed to bringing in a player "cold", in that moment, would be a better use of a tactical substitution. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Reading through this thread, a lot of people are gonna be eating humble pie a few months into next season... 

C'mon man. Feed the hole.

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Reading through this thread, a lot of people are gonna be eating humble pie a few months into next season... 

Yes you will be, the ones blindly still believing in him that will admit we're better off without him when back with a fit and healthy newly built squad under a new manager and in the top 7.

Bring it on

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

:thumbup:

If it happens fair play as it'll be the first time he's ever successfully rebuilt a squad and the first time he's ever overturned a year long slump which managers seldom ever do either. Way better managers than Rodgers have failed to turn around slumps like this and that's why many just can no longer put their faith in to him.

Based on all of that, how can you? I'm a numbers man, the numbers no longer compute. He has to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Once everyone is back we'll be fine is the biggest piece of self delusion I've ever heard. They won't ever all be back under Rodgers, stop kidding yourself. Its the end of the road for him.

That’s your opinion and today he’s still in a job. Don’t get me wrong it can change quickly if we were to lose the next 3 games then he’d probably go but I think he’ll still be here next season.