Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

The narrative has switched over the past few weeks, especially on socials. He's been getting loads of stick for being a bottle job and pundits and stats nerds have been pointing out how bad we've been under him all season a lot more regularly.

I think most people will agree its the right decision.

Sensible people will agree, but when has that stopped the media from sensationalising a story.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Big mistake if we’ve sacked him. He’s not perfect, but his record here was fantastic until the injuries knocked us off course. The players are still playing for him - just look at Youri and the lads yesterday. Pretty sure this is just rumour anyway.

The owners clearly feel we can do better and I believe we can, can you honestly say hand on heart we should be below West Ham, Wolves etc our squad is so much better but we have been managed badly

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

If he goes then we'll hear nothing but "ungrateful Leicester fans" and "the players throwing him under the bus" routine again.  Lazy media narrative trotted out again by Rodgers pals in the media.

Absolutely. From a lot on this forum too I'd imagine. 

Will be a long way away from social media if its true. 

*If* its true, it's difficult to argue based on this season its not deserved. Moments of individual brilliance have saved us from being in a relegation fight. 

Would give my left arm for Potter, but suspect the club will have someone else lined up if they're willing to change at this stage of the season - surely too expensive to bin off Rodgers' staff & buy another PL manager. 

I think Rodgers has done all he can in terms of getting us to compete at the top and missing out on the top 4 the past couple of seasons has obviously affected us, probably mentally as a team as well. It hasn't allowed us to bring in the additional Champions League revenue and the odd one or two quality players that would've helped us kick on and because of this we're still competing with the likes of Wolves, West Ham, Everton, now Villa for the same players whereas being in the Champions league would've put us ahead of these in getting those extra quality players in. I don't see where else he can take us but also if we are to break into the top 4, we need a top class manager and who is available or who is available that wants to come? We are obviously willing to pay top money for a manager but I don't think Potter would get us there. We need a manager that the players look up to and can have confidence in and I think this has gone with Rodgers. It is a shame because we've had some of our best years with Rodgers at the helm.

Edited by HUNTA84
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

The owners clearly feel we can do better and I believe we can, can you honestly say hand on heart we should be below West Ham, Wolves etc our squad is so much better but we have been managed badly

We have finished in the European places twice and won the FA Cup in the last 2 seasons - I think we have struggled due to defensive injuries this season. I believe it is the wrong call to sack him, but I understand why some are impatient this season.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I fear the calibre of manager who will consider the job if he's sacked now 

We can attract pretty decent mangers. We pay them highly and our squad is quite decent. 

• Like 4

It’s a bit of a misnomer about not being able to attract coaches who are already in champions league competing sides. Not elite level but high level European coaches. You ask any coach in the world where they would want to coach and your answer will be the premier league. We currently have the best 4 managers on the planet (imo) coaching here. The league in itself had ginormous pulling power. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I’d argue it’s not.

Over three full seasons we’ve endured three horrid runs of form, where Brendan hasn’t been able to turn things around. 

The FA cup win in isolation was amazing, but to surrender two top four finishes, when they were more difficult to throw away then to seal, and then to not get things going this season has really nailed him.

Overruling the recruitment team to sign four of the biggest wastes of time will also have played into the decision. Not to mention his comments, criticising the fans, the team and to some extent the owners by constantly referencing the lack of recourses.

Unfortunately he’s ****ed this and there’s no return, you can’t stand there and say the squad needs overhauling after the clubs most expensive summer in a long time.

He’s said all of the wrong things, done all of the wrong things and is seemingly incapable of turning it around, in short, he’s sacked himself.  

To be in the run for two top 4 finishes is a good effort. West Ham being lauded this season. For exactly that. We have also had incredible runs of form and achieved our highest ever league finishes. 

I think we will regret this, but it’s all opinion.

• Like 2