Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Reading through this thread, a lot of people are gonna be eating humble pie a few months into next season... 

You may be right, but needing to get the current incumbent out and getting the right replacement in are two separate processes. Just because you get the first one done at the right moment doesn't mean you are going to get the 2nd decision right.  It's always a risk when you change managers, but that doesn't invalidate the decision that the current manager is harming the club and needs to go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d argue it’s not.

Over three full seasons we’ve endured three horrid runs of form, where Brendan hasn’t been able to turn things around. 

The FA cup win in isolation was amazing, but to surrender two top four finishes, when they were more difficult to throw away then to seal, and then to not get things going this season has really nailed him.

Overruling the recruitment team to sign four of the biggest wastes of time will also have played into the decision. Not to mention his comments, criticising the fans, the team and to some extent the owners by constantly referencing the lack of recourses.

Unfortunately he’s ****ed this and there’s no return, you can’t stand there and say the squad needs overhauling after the clubs most expensive summer in a long time.

He’s said all of the wrong things, done all of the wrong things and is seemingly incapable of turning it around, in short, he’s sacked himself.  

Out of interest how did the manager before him do with almost the same squad? 

You have to give him some credit for putting us in that position twice to be in with a chance of too 4

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Ricardo and Justin being back doesn't seem to have improved things at all.

Love Justin but he was at fault for the first goal yesterday. Amartey (who was mostly awful) was the only one who stepped up to try and play Bowen offside. Brain dead from Soyuncu and JJ 

3 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

We have finished in the European places twice and won the FA Cup in the last 2 seasons - I think we have struggled due to defensive injuries this season. I believe it is the wrong call to sack him, but I understand why some are impatient this season.

We have been below par even with defensive injuries we shouldn’t be where we are in the table and not to mention out of the FA cup to a championship side that is unforgivable

• Like 1

If it's true. We call this in the most sectors performance management. You have set targets over and over with your staff member and he has failed to improve. I suspect Top might have even pointed out a year ago "why are we so tripe at corners". Yet a year later we are in the same boat. Brendan like all employees needs to meet his targets. Or have a bloody good explanation as to why not

Just now, Koke said:

We can attract pretty decent mangers. We pay them highly and our squad is quite decent. 

Can't see anyone decent fancying the situation and perspective of a) player power again b) injuries leading to a ropey season. That's how its perceived outside of Leicester fans. 

I think Rodgers time is coming to end but I'd have liked a change in the summer when I think it's easier to prise some away from a job. A lot of decent managers are unlikely to leave if they are in a title challenge/top 4 chase/or still in CL/EL. Thinking Sporting's coach here specifically for example. We've got pay some serious money to get a good manager out of their contract or make a gamble on a Diego Martinez (which could be very Pepe Mel). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Out of interest how did the manager before him do with almost the same squad? 

You have to give him some credit for putting us in that position twice to be in with a chance of too 4

Think people miss this point quite a lot. He’s largely only added squad players in his reign because he probably felt our team was talented enough.

Apart from Fofana & Castagne all his signings have been squad signings to mainly add experience to what was a very young team.

This is the first summer we would have rebuilding our starting XI which is why he mentioned it in the press. 

Just not convinced they'll do anything now unless there has been a serious bust up, he was openly talking about overhauling the squad and I doubt he'd have done that without assurances.

Unless the comments last week completely turned the team.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Ricardo and Justin being back doesn't seem to have improved things at all.

People said wait until Evans is back, well he came back and we got even worse

Then said wait until Ricardo is back, we'll he came back and nothing improved

Then said wait until JJ is back... And somehow we got even worse still

Maybe it's not the injuries, but the Rodgers & Toure coaching & development 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cc_star said:

People said wait until Evans is back, well he came back and we got even worse

Then said wait until Ricardo is back, we'll he came back and nothing improved

Then said wait until JJ is back... And somehow we got even worse still

Maybe it's not the injuries, but the Rodgers & Toure coaching & development 

Jesus. Recency bias much? Jonny was still inured, Ricardo has just got back, JJ is injured again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Just not convinced they'll do anything now unless there has been a serious bust up, he was openly talking about overhauling the squad and I doubt he'd have done that without assurances.

Unless the comments last week completely turned the team.

Squad doesn't need overhauling, that's just Rodgers PR

It just need deadwood kicking out as (is the same for any club) , plus we need 2x CB and to replace Mahrez

We wouldn't need 2x CB if Rodgers hadn't have gone outside our recruitment to sign Disastergaard

Standard window, not a rebuild 

Edited by cc_star

The thing about Rodgers is that he isn't loved by any of the fans at clubs he's coached at....maybe Swansea is the exception.  He should be a legend at our club, but his persona doesn't allow you to warm to him, he'll say all the right things, but he lacks sincerity and we know it is all about him.  At least with a manager like Conte you know it is all about him and he doesn't care if you know it, fans like that honesty.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Makes me laugh when people try take the piss out of people like him. Same as Sean from Enderby, whether you like it or not he has a source that is at least partly credible. 

This. Called the Liverpool team pretty well the other day and that wasn’t easy to predict. 

Just now, cc_star said:

Squad doesn't need overhauling 

It just need deadwood kicking out as (is the same for any club) , plus we need 2x CB and to replace Mahrez

We wouldn't need 2x CB if Rodgers hadn't have gone outside our recruitment to sign Disastergaard

Standard window, not a rebuild 

I agree it doesn't need overhauling but we've got no say in it whatsoever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Looking increasingly like this is bs. Not a peak out of any actual journalist yet. The club would have a statement up as soon as they pulled the trigger. 

Balance of probability suggests it's probably BS. I'd like to believe the rumours there's been a bust up though.... indicates that at least someone at the club is recognising how unacceptable this season has been.