Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

@Ric Flair @Ashley You guys hearing that they’ve already pulled the trigger or more that it’s a matter of another bad result away?

Heard he's been sacked so let's see. 

Took his kid out the school they were at but believe that's more due to him getting a new house in Salford.

Second text came later saying he'd been sacked... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Heard he's been sacked so let's see. 

Took his kid out the school they were at but believe that's more due to him getting a new house in Salford.

Second text came later saying he'd been sacked... 

That's always been lined up. 

He's moved up there because his wife's family felt dis-attached living in Leicestershire. The whole family is/has moving/moved back. Understandable given the last two years with COVID. 

13 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

To be in the run for two top 4 finishes is a good effort. West Ham being lauded this season. For exactly that. We have also had incredible runs of form and achieved our highest ever league finishes. 

I think we will regret this, but it’s all opinion.

You can flip the argument either way, I don’t want him to fail, far from it, I do like him and I do feel there is an excellent coach in there, however, he continues to let himself down. He did it at Liverpool, and he’s doing it here to some degree.

Fair enough we’ve had injuries, but you have to cope with that, we seemed to do fairly well last season at the start, but then tailed off. You find a way to make yourself hard to beat if your defence is not as strong as you want it to be, you don’t continue to try and push your method when it clearly isn’t working. 

The problem with the fall in form is it hasn’t been inconsistent, following project restart, and then again last season, our form just fell off a cliff, we went from thrashing Southampton 9-0 to being turned over comfortably by Bournemouth. 

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s so much the form that’s causing issues, it’s his conduct in interviews and his signings (that he’s recommended), that’s what they will be looking at. 

If you’re a CEO of a company and you invest a lot into your business and the guys below you are constantly moaning about resources, you’d be pretty pissed off. They’ve given Brendan everything he wanted here, but this season has been nothing short of a disaster.

Yesterday is a perfect example of how Brendan has got things wrong this season, he’s in a winning position, all over the opponent, and rather than go for the game he shuts up shop, tries to see it out and exposes our weaknesses for the opposition to exploit. Everyone could see what was going to happen as soon as he tried to do this, and it happened. 

It’s all becoming far too regular and you can’t just blame injuries.

• Like 2