Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, cityfanlee23 said:

It's a common denominator that every club BR manages ends up with half the squad injured and having to spend money on short term fixes. It's not "proof" in a legal sense, but it's pretty obvious that this is what's happening. Swansea, Liverpool, Celtic and now us have all had a massive injury crisis under his management. Before BR our injury record was fantastically low relatively to other teams in the league. 

Its a correlation I will give you that, but it seems unlikely we would nor should make such a decision on what is little more than a strong suspicion. I am not saying its the wrong call, asI personally cannot warm to him, but it all feels a bit grass is greener and odds on (strong suspicion) we will be back here within a year or two, buy hey ho  :dunno:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s past the Puel one I think 

Yep its past the Puel one. I remember the argument for keeping Puel was that we were 5th and we should have some perspective despite many of the same signs we are seeing now. 

The drop off in performances and results after the new year are extremely similar.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its a correlation I will give you that, but it seems unlikely we would nor should make such a decision on what is little more than a strong suspicion. I am not saying its the wrong call, asI personally cannot warm to him, but it all feels a bit grass is greener and odds on (strong suspicion) we will be back here within a year or two, buy hey ho  :dunno:

Yeah I fully respect that position mate, it's a conspiracy of mine and not technically proof. I've just seen multiple players now seemingly rushed back into first team football only to get immediately injured again and it's quite frustrating. 

I have just got off the phone with my footy coach over here who knows a bird that knows a bear who happens to live by goldilocks. Turns out goldilocks didnt find any eaten fish in the bears poo and has relayed the message back to me via the channels  and essentially  this means that BR is not getting sacked.

#ITK

13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You can flip the argument either way, I don’t want him to fail, far from it, I do like him and I do feel there is an excellent coach in there, however, he continues to let himself down. He did it at Liverpool, and he’s doing it here to some degree.

Fair enough we’ve had injuries, but you have to cope with that, we seemed to do fairly well last season at the start, but then tailed off. You find a way to make yourself hard to beat if your defence is not as strong as you want it to be, you don’t continue to try and push your method when it clearly isn’t working. 

The problem with the fall in form is it hasn’t been inconsistent, following project restart, and then again last season, our form just fell off a cliff, we went from thrashing Southampton 9-0 to being turned over comfortably by Bournemouth. 

Unfortunately I don’t think it’s so much the form that’s causing issues, it’s his conduct in interviews and his signings (that he’s recommended), that’s what they will be looking at. 

If you’re a CEO of a company and you invest a lot into your business and the guys below you are constantly moaning about resources, you’d be pretty pissed off. They’ve given Brendan everything he wanted here, but this season has been nothing short of a disaster.

Yesterday is a perfect example of how Brendan has got things wrong this season, he’s in a winning position, all over the opponent, and rather than go for the game he shuts up shop, tries to see it out and exposes our weaknesses for the opposition to exploit. Everyone could see what was going to happen as soon as he tried to do this, and it happened. 

It’s all becoming far too regular and you can’t just blame injuries.

Fortunately, it would appear that the owners disagree with you. I think we have to look at where we have finished the last 2 seasons and compare our investment to other clubs and it’s abundantly clear we have punched above our weight. I don’t think a mid table finish is a disaster, but I do think it’s below par given the quality of the squad. I think it’s unreasonable to ignore the injuries as our problems have been so acute. 

The reaction of the players yesterday shows me they are still playing for him and if we can keep players fit I expect our form to pick up and us to have a good season next year.

👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I doubt that.

Do you really see him getting a job with any of the big six clubs?? Spurs were keen in the summer, but now they have Conte that ship has sailed. Don’t think he’d get the Man utd job- and no way the Man city or Chelsea job

Edited by Chloe_77

43 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

To be in the run for two top 4 finishes is a good effort. West Ham being lauded this season. For exactly that. We have also had incredible runs of form and achieved our highest ever league finishes. 

I think we will regret this, but it’s all opinion.

Couldn't agree more.  

Just now, Chloe_77 said:

Do you really see him getting a job with any of the big six jobs?? Spurs were keen in the summer, but now they have Conte that ship has sailed. Don’t think he’d get the man utd job- and no way the man city or chelsea job

No not big six, but a 'decent' job yeah I do.

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

This will be the last decent job he has. And he knows it.

Nah he'll at least get another Midtable job and do well enough for a season or two. No big club will go near him, if they wanted too they would have in the summer when his stock was through the roof.

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

And if it’s just happened they’ll have to come to a settlement term, prepare statements and other media outlets. 

Spot on, and knowing our media team it will take a couple of days to be announced. Stowell in charge for Randers?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I doubt that.

Wouldn't suprise me of he ends up with a European team on the periphery of the champions league.....like atlanta.

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

All I’m gonna say on the matter is…. If it turns out to be true let’s not give @Ashleyany stick. Obviously been told in good faith and he wouldn’t have posted to wind anyone up or even if there wasn’t some substance to it. You can only pass on what you’re told and I’m also sure that if he had any doubt he would’ve kept it to himself. 

I don't know why he bothers to share information on here. He only ever gets stick for it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe_77 said:

Do you really see him getting a job with any of the big six clubs?? Spurs were keen in the summer, but now they have Conte that ship has sailed. Don’t think he’d get the Man utd job- and no way the Man city or Chelsea job

Conte will leave Tottenham soon. He didn't get it all his own way in the transfer window so he is doing his usual 'burn the house down and leave' routine. 

• Like 1