Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Chloe_77 said:

Do you really see him getting a job with any of the big six jobs?? Spurs were keen in the summer, but now they have Conte that ship has sailed. Don’t think he’d get the man utd job- and no way the man city or chelsea job

No, but he could quite easily go aboard at a decent European club have some success and then be considered. He will always in the talk for a big job in the PL just because he is British.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Fortunately, it would appear that the owners disagree with you. I think we have to look at where we have finished the last 2 seasons and compare our investment to other clubs and it’s abundantly clear we have punched above our weight. I don’t think a mid table finish is a disaster, but I do think it’s below par given the quality of the squad. I think it’s unreasonable to ignore the injuries as our problems have been so acute. 

The reaction of the players yesterday shows me they are still playing for him and if we can keep players fit I expect our form to pick up and us to have a good season next year.

👍

I wish I shared your optimism Rooster.

Sacking Claudio in 2017 shows there is no room for sentiment. Recent history means nowt.

Thank you Brendan (& VAR) for the FA Cup and the charity shield was a bonus but 2 final day of the season disasters & the form & baffling changes of tactics, substitutions etc of recent weeks have made it time to call it a day.

Even with our bad injury situation there is no excuse for some shocking defensive performances.

Question is, Who next?

17 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Thanks-I appreciate the reply, and I understand your point of view. 

For me, to counter your points:

Rodgers has had Soyuncu for three years and hasn’t made a defender of him.

He’s negligently, full knowing what he was doing, broken Vardy, Justin, Evans, Ndidi (Little Wes wasn’t his fault tbf). He’s cruelly ruined Iheanacho’s confidence a second time, when he was flying.

We have had open goal opportunities at Champions League qualification which he got us into contention for. He’s then implausibly thrown them away through repeated tactical naivety. No, tactical ineptitude. Major players leaving to further their ambitions is on him. 

I just don’t think bringing our great generation of youngsters into a team he’s managing, where he’s in charge of defensive drills, where he’s the one charged with building a winning mentality, can be good for them, because he’s had a year to coach corners and failed. He’s had a year to work on closing games out with a narrow lead, and he’s learned nothing. 

One of the arguments for keeping Puel was his knack for bringing youngsters through, and it wasn’t enough on its own to save him.

Right now, Brendan is Puel without the transfers.

Fair points and I don't disagree with you. I'm extremely frustrated at how this season has gone and how we ended the last 2 seasons.

But I'm still Rodgers In. At least till the end of the season. It would cost millions to sack him now when we could actually earn a few million by letting a big club come in for him. 

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, BenTheFox said:

Can Rodgers speak Italian? I can't help but think that could be a real stumbling block. 

He speaks in proverbs and analogies anyway so I'm not sure they translate at all.

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Come on mate you haven’t heard anything. If your transfer rumour knowledge is anything to go by then the club will shortly announce BR signing a new 4 year deal. 

For what it’s worth I’d be disappointed to see him leave. I saw enough yesterday to convince me he is the right man to take us forward.

Yesterday showed why he wouldn't. He's his own worst enemy. 

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Conte will leave Tottenham soon. He didn't get it all his own way in the transfer window so he is doing his usual 'burn the house down and leave' routine. 

They can't afford to keep firing managers. Actually thinking about it Kane will leave this summer so maybe they can. 

1 hour ago, Langston said:

I think it's a bit of a shame it's come to this, was a breath of fresh air after Puel sucked the joy out of everything, and we really can sing under Rodgers - but the soft underbelly has been a concerning theme of his time here and this season has been utterly joyless.

I think ultimately it's the right decision but it goes without saying the next appointment has to be right at what feels a critical window for the club. 

Bravo took the words out of my mouth 

Just now, Pliskin said:

I am slightly confused how anyone can say yesterday’s game shows he’s the man to take us forward….. he threw the ****er away……

Thats a very rare blunt assessment from you!

So in turn, I will offer my own blunt reaction, as I cannot see how people cannot accept that it is the injuries (Reasons for which are unconfirmed) cannot accept that injuries have played a huge part in our current form.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I am slightly confused how anyone can say yesterday’s game shows he’s the man to take us forward….. he threw the ****er away……

This narrative is just rubbish. Vestergaard wasn’t the problem at all, people thinking this are kidding themselves. He came on in the 89th minute when we were already camped in our box and they were long balling it forward. Tielemans wouldn’t have helped in that situation either. Then amartey and schmeichel were both poor from the corner, not Brendan’s fault at all. Then after all that, in went in off the players arm and shouldn’t  have counted anyway. I get you don’t like Brendan or vesty but we can’t blame them when it’s not actually their fault. 

Edited by Dusty

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Wouldn't suprise me of he ends up with a European team on the periphery of the champions league.....like atlanta.

Bergamo would be a perfect city for him, he could use the Alps as an excuse to constantly bring up that he once climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro.