Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

For those suggesting that we have done well in recent years, which we have, and that not achieving CL is not the end of the world, which it isn’t - which of a stars will you be happy to see leave now?

I ask because I am 100% certain failure to reach the CL will see one of our top players depart.  So who will you be happy to lose now?

Tonight did seem like we turned up and went through the motions. BR was very conservative by not giving others an opportunity to contribute. Missed a trick really in my opinion but then he knows alot more about tactics than me 

As an attacking force we miss Barnes more than we should if we want to be C L quality.  Vardy Perez maddison combination looks toothless and  nachos goals have papered over the cracks 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

For those suggesting that we have done well in recent years, which we have, and that not achieving CL is not the end of the world, which it isn’t - which of a stars will you be happy to see leave now?

I ask because I am 100% certain failure to reach the CL will see one of our top players depart.  So who will you be happy to lose now?

Maddison. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Perez :ph34r:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Maddison although he's shown glimpses of excellence before his injury.

We're always likely to lose one big player a season and they'll go to a better Champions League team even if we're there. It's when they prefer teams lower down without Europe that we should be concerned.

Just now, Corky said:

We're always likely to lose one big player a season and they'll go to a better Champions League team even if we're there. It's when they prefer teams lower down without Europe that we should be concerned.

Not so sure we’d sell anyone with CL ahead of us, unless a stupid offer came in. Maddison at the top of his game is very good, but not real quality so I doubt any of the teams above us will want him. Probably only the same money as Chillwell in this market as well. 

Let’s see how it pans out, but I can see some unhappy fans come the start of next season. 

21 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

This result was on him, we were getting overran in midfield and he never addressed it, Praet, Mendy and Hamza are all fresh having barely played and 1 should have been on at half time, Albrighton is good for about 1 game in 4 now and Ricardo was fresh on the bench.

This is one thing that particularly frustrates me with Rodgers. He so often doesn't rotate when the first team needs freshening up. Even more galling when he uses "tiredness" as the excuse after a poor performance.

In many recent games too much pressure is being put on Ndidi and Tielemans. They are performing heroically but there is a limit to how long they can keep it going.

15 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It's the second best season in the clubs history lol. Anyone that wants to leave now probably wouldn't have hung around had we not won the cup and finished fourth anyway. 

11 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's the second best season in the clubs history lol. Anyone that wants to leave now probably wouldn't have hung around had we not won the cup and finished fourth anyway. 

There are many ways to see this I agree. Let’s see how it pans out and if our 2nd best season ever was good enough. 

38 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Hamza

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, deep blue said:

This is one thing that particularly frustrates me with Rodgers. He so often doesn't rotate when the first team needs freshening up. Even more galling when he uses "tiredness" as the excuse after a poor performance.

In many recent games too much pressure is being put on Ndidi and Tielemans. They are performing heroically but there is a limit to how long they can keep it going.

Absolutely spot on the money. This right here 👏. Brendan should see this. He does everything but put a 3 man middle.

Id of loved if he had the guts to do a 4312.

Kasper

Castange Fofana Soyuncu Thomas

Praet Ndidi Tielemens

Madders

Vardy Nacho

I really believe this would of been the best way to set up every game and law of averages would of expected we would of got more out the games. We get over run every single game and trying to make this back 5 which camps us in.

The way he’s set up makes it harder for Castange, harder for Thomas(he got caught out of position more than in a traditional back 4), Tielemens and Ndidi get far too much pressure on them. Madders like a fish up a tree wide left, better in the hole to spin and win free kicks.

Vardy and Nacho both would get more support and we’d be pushed up further for a majority of the game this way.

Praet a energy and scraping would help combat the average yet hard working kovacic and Jorginho.

It upsets me because I believe that system gets top 4, by having the guts.

Lets be honest we blew it vs Saints, blew it vs Newcastle. Got a gift vs Man Utd playing their reserves then another chance tonight to secure it or at least keep it in our hands but nope.

We will continue with the back 5 and to be honest if someone told me now Palace will beat Liverpool, I’d still not be confident we’d do it in this system. We are a bore to watch like this and that’s down to the formation.

42 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Anyone but Youri, Wilf, Fofana, Soyuncu in that order.

Anyone else and we’ll be alright, any of these and we’ll start to drop. Youri being the key. He goes and we’re back to battling 9th like the Puel days for me.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Corky said:

Maddison was playing some of his best ever football before his injury. L

I fear it will be Tielesman though after having a strong Euros and not signing a new contract. He's irreplaceable and will be a very significant loss

3 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Absolutely spot on the money. This right here 👏. Brendan should see this. He does everything but put a 3 man middle.

Id of loved if he had the guts to do a 4312.

Kasper

Castange Fofana Soyuncu Thomas

Praet Ndidi Tielemens

Madders

Vardy Nacho

I really believe this would of been the best way to set up every game and law of averages would of expected we would of got more out the games. We get over run every single game and trying to make this back 5 which camps us in.

The way he’s set up makes it harder for Castange, harder for Thomas(he got caught out of position more than in a traditional back 4), Tielemens and Ndidi get far too much pressure on them. Madders like a fish up a tree wide left, better in the hole to spin and win free kicks.

Vardy and Nacho both would get more support and we’d be pushed up further for a majority of the game this way.

Praet a energy and scraping would help combat the average yet hard working kovacic and Jorginho.

It upsets me because I believe that system gets top 4, by having the guts.

Lets be honest we blew it vs Saints, blew it vs Newcastle. Got a gift vs Man Utd playing their reserves then another chance tonight to secure it or at least keep it in our hands but nope.

We will continue with the back 5 and to be honest if someone told me now Palace will beat Liverpool, I’d still not be confident we’d do it in this system. We are a bore to watch like this and that’s down to the formation.

Players running on empty ? Smaller squad then Chelsea and Liverpool. Deano it’s not just the manager. We’ve been running on fumes for a few weeks now. Players are exhausted. You can see it. We are second to second balls. Sloppy passes. Movement a second too late etc. I’m not saying Brendan is faultless but you can’t tell me that any other manager would get 66 points and a FA cup out of these players. This is a combined effort to get here. The missed opportunity is also down to multiple reasons. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Tonight Leicester City played shit!

Can anyone really find anything to disagree with that accessment apart from "We won the cup"

I take it from the lack of replies or responses to that question means everyone's in agreement that we played shit tonight.

And guess ultimately who's responsible for that?

The manager.

Who kept Perez on, started Maddison, dropped Iheanacho, didn't put on Praet, not rotating enough of his squad options, continuously starting an out of form Vardy and everything else that's been spotted and spoken about on this forum tonight.

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Players running on empty ? Smaller squad then Chelsea and Liverpool. Deano it’s not just the manager. We’ve been running on fumes for a few weeks now. Players are exhausted. You can see it. We are second to second balls. Sloppy passes. Movement a second too late etc. I’m not saying Brendan is faultless but you can’t tell me that any other manager would get 66 points and a FA cup out of these players. This is a combined effort to get here. The missed opportunity is also down to multiple reasons. 

I’ve given him credit for achieving something but I just have to be honest what I really think and I believe he’s negative and his system really shows it. We have been pants since we went to a back 5.

Now who knows, maybe if he did play more attacking and not so defensive we would of got slammed and not made it anyway, who knows. My opinion is that we’d of done a lot better and got top 4, we’ll never know.

I don’t want to go hard on Brendan but unfortunately I feel he’s not changed enough and he’s not been bold enough. He’s slipped into a negative mindset that’s stuck and it’s felt for a good few months now that we’re crawling over the line. we’ll never know what would of happened, but deep down , if I’m honest to myself, it’s a massive massive shame.

Maybe I’m the only one who thinks this, but if he played 4312 and just went for it and we failed then it would be easier to take. The way we just caved in tonight, the way he didn’t adjust at HT after clearly struggling first half, just made me sick.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I’ve given him credit for achieving something but I just have to be honest what I really think and I believe he’s negative and his system really shows it. We have been pants since we went to a back 5.

Now who knows, maybe if he did play more attacking and not so defensive we would of got slammed and not made it anyway, who knows. My opinion is that we’d of done a lot better and got top 4, we’ll never know.

I don’t want to go hard on Brendan but unfortunately I feel he’s not changed enough and he’s not been bold enough. He’s slipped into a negative mindset that’s stuck and it’s felt for a good few months now that we’re crawling over the line. we’ll never know what would of happened, but deep down , if I’m honest to myself, it’s a massive massive shame.

Maybe I’m the only one who thinks this, but if he played 4312 and just went for it and we failed then it would be easier to take. The way we just caved in tonight, the way he didn’t adjust at HT after clearly struggling first half, just made me sick.

Ok, get you. Not all the blame on him, just want him to be a bit more attacking. In a way, I feel that at times too. 

7 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I think you only have to look at how well we have done and how many goals we have scored after going behind in games to see we're a better side when a positive approach is forced upon us.

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ok, get you. Not all the blame on him, just want him to be a bit more attacking. In a way, I feel that at times too. 

I think he has to take a huge chunk of the blame for being so stubborn and appearing like he rarely if ever changes when things are clearly not working.
I can’t believe the amount of games this season I’ve said ‘it’s coming’ and he doesn’t change anything and then it actually does. He just isn’t a very good manager unfortunately.

On the flip side, he won us a major trophy. We got through and we achieved something. He has to get some credit and I’m giving him it.

Overall he’s done a decent/good job, maybe about par, maybe overachieved to some(winning a cup!) maybe underachieving to some(I really rate a good chunk of our squad). It’s all opinions and debates and I guess there’s no real answer.

However the one thing that I’m certain of is he has completely lost his balls since Barnes got injured and think he’s changed as a manager at the wrong time.

I thought between his first game - lockdown he was a breath of fresh air, played great football and was entertaining to watch.

Since lockdown he’s just got so defensive and yes we’ve had injuries and that’s probably played into his decisions, however to not notice how run over we seem to get, even by the likes of West Ham and Newcastle, suggest to me he really isn’t that good a manager unfortunately.

Hes a decent manager but I cannot buy he’s an elite manager or even near that. He’s a David Moyes type, decent and has good man management but his in game tactical decisions leave a lot to be desired.

We just can’t escape the fact, it looks increasingly likely we are going to drop out the big time twice in a row, and that just isn’t acceptable.

Winning the FA Cup and the fact we’re competing against juggernaut clubs with deep squads gives a balance to it, no doubt..however I can’t help thinking that with a bit more of positivity and bold in game management would of seen us over the line in AT LEAST 1 of the last 2 seasons.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

You might want to look at your attitude and relationship to football and ultimately something you can’t change. 

You may think I’m taking the piss but it ain’t healthy to use terminology such as ‘made me sick’ 

• Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

You might want to look at your attitude and relationship to football and ultimately something you can’t change. 

You may think I’m taking the piss but it ain’t healthy to use terminology such as ‘made me sick’ 

I’m just a passionate fan who loves my club. It made me sick because I felt tonight was the end of our season and just feels like a huge missed opportunity for a 2nd season in a row and maybe a chance we’ll never get again.