Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Gasperini does seem to be for the first time losing his way a bit and is spouting off in the press.

Wouldn’t the language barrier be our only hiccup perhaps? Can’t see the owners going for anyone who can’t speak english? 

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I am slightly confused how anyone can say yesterday’s game shows he’s the man to take us forward….. he threw the ****er away……

Imagine if we conceded without making the sub.

People would have called on him to bring a defender on because they were "taller/strong than us".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

This narrative is just rubbish. Vestergaard wasn’t the problem at all, people thinking this are kidding themselves. He came on in the 89th minute when we were already camped in our box and they were long balling it forward. Tielemans wouldn’t have helped in that situation either. Then amartey and schmeichel were both poor from the corner, not Brendan’s fault at all. Then after all that, in went in off the players arm and should have counted anyway. I get you don’t like Brendan or vesty but we can’t blame them when it’s not actually their fault. 

For once we'd actually been defending corners well all game. Throwing on Vestergaard meant that the defence had to re-organise themselves at the end of the game to accommodate an underperforming player who is clearly not trusted by the manager and whose confidence looks shot to pieces. I'm afraid that decison was very much on Rodgers - and I speak as somebody who doesn't want him to be sacked.

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

This narrative is just rubbish. Vestergaard wasn’t the problem at all, people thinking this are kidding themselves. He came on in the 89th minute when we were already camped in our box and they were long balling it forward. Tielemans wouldn’t have helped in that situation either. Then amartey and schmeichel were both poor from the corner, not Brendan’s fault at all. Then after all that, in went in off the players arm and shouldn’t  have counted anyway. I get you don’t like Brendan or vesty but we can’t blame them when it’s not actually their fault. 

I’m not talking about Vesty….

Im talking about not going for the game when we were 2-1 up and comfortably the better team. By sitting in and trying to see the game out, inviting pressure back onto us rather than finishing the game off. Bringing Vesty on and losing the shape that was working was just another stupid decision following the previous decision to try and see the game out. 

It was tactical suicide. 

• Like 3

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Thats a very rare blunt assessment from you!

So in turn, I will offer my own blunt reaction, as I cannot see how people cannot accept that it is the injuries (Reasons for which are unconfirmed) cannot accept that injuries have played a huge part in our current form.

Who's left to come back now though? Aging Vardy and aging Evans, neither of which we should be depending on for much longer. Fofana yes but as we've seen with Justin the problem runs deeper than one player coming back and everything being OK. Let's not forget how many goals we conceded at the back end of last season before the cup final. 4 against Newcastle, 1 at Old Trafford, 2 at Chelsea, 4 against Spurs. Fofana played in them all iirc.  

2 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

Wouldn’t the language barrier be our only hiccup perhaps? Can’t see the owners going for anyone who can’t speak english? 

Sky Sports Premier League@SkySportsPLDoes Brendan Rodgers speak Spanish? 🇪🇸

"I was doing French for about eight months, before that I was doing Italian."

Watch it in full here: http://skysports.tv/fGZRCV

1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

11/4 on Paddy Power if you believe it…

I'm pretty sure he's been favourite since Rafa / Ranieri both went. No other manager in the league is really under pressure at the minute.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I'm pretty sure he's been favourite since Rafa / Ranieri both went. No other manager in the league is really under pressure at the minute.

Yep, just seemed like incredible odds if people thought he was genuinely gone. Down to 6/4 now but just following the bets, clearly nothing conclusive there 

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Totally understand the frustration with Rodgers but not the vitriol. Absolutely no need for it.

I find the hatred for him absolutely baffling. I also think some people make an absolute song and dance about even the most innocuous things he says.

I think it's the frustration of so many punches to the gut.

Yes, we've experienced some incredible highs, most notably the FA Cup win, but missing out on top 4 twice, getting knocked out of EL (and the way it happened with a disappointing response in Napoli after they scored their third and the missed penalty in the other match), the injury-time screw-ups etc. 

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m not talking about Vesty….

Im talking about not going for the game when we were 2-1 up and comfortably the better team. By sitting in and trying to see the game out, inviting pressure back onto us rather than finishing the game off. Bringing Vesty on and losing the shape that was working was just another stupid decision following the previous decision to try and see the game out. 

It was tactical suicide. 

But it wasn’t that we were just sitting in. They pushed another man forward, are you suggesting we should have just left him up there as a spare man? If we did that and they scored everyone would be raging at Rodgers, and rightly so. Making a change to combat their change was the right thing to do. It then played no part in the goal. 

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thats a very rare blunt assessment from you!

So in turn, I will offer my own blunt reaction, as I cannot see how people cannot accept that it is the injuries (Reasons for which are unconfirmed) cannot accept that injuries have played a huge part in our current form.

Injuries have caused issues, but this is where better managers will adapt their style and accommodate for the fact your defence is weakened. 

Rather than continue to play in a way that just further exposes the defensive frailties we have. 

We tried to calm the defensive issues by signing Vesty, and he’s a disgrace, and that was Brendan’s call…. So who’s to blame for that? The fans? 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who's left to come back now though? Aging Vardy and aging Evans, neither of which we should be depending on for much longer. Fofana yes but as we've seen with Justin the problem runs deeper than one player coming back and everything being OK. Let's not forget how many goals we conceded at the back end of last season before the cup final. 4 against Newcastle, 1 at Old Trafford, 2 at Chelsea, 4 against Spurs. Fofana played in them all iirc.  

JJ now too, but yes Vardy and Jonny, and I do not dispute there are issues with injuries, and it is possible that Jonny even Jamie could not return to their same output, but hope not obviously.

Is a refresh of the squad required? Absolutely, is Brendan the man to do it? Risky due to past misdemeanours, but there was talk of him having  learnt his lesson  (Overruling the scouting team) so :dunno:

I can see good/bad scenarios with both outcomes (sack/keep) but if he does go, it needs to root and branch for me

Personally think it will be a big mistake to let him go. Yes this season hasn't been to his standards and he tends to have a habit of going defensively when it ultimately wasnt necessary but thats hindsight for ya. If he hadnt made the sub and they scored people would only complain about not bringing on a defender to see the game out (not Vestergaard though, he is truly awful). He cant win.

Lets not forget it was a ****ing handball also.

For me i think Brendan has earnt a chance to shake up the squad and go again with fresh players next season. I would like to see the season out. We may even win another trophy with the conference league. I dont think anybody could have predicted not only the injuries to key players but also the effect those injuries would have on other players (Soyuncu clearly needs a leader next to him).

If he was to go then i would like to believe that we are a very promising team that a top class manager would like to have a go with. No idea who that person would be though

• Like 3