Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Agreed. He's an LCFC legend in my eyes, don't give a shit if others disagree or think I'm mad.

Of course he is. Think about where we were before he came in. Obviously won the title but other than that mid table and going nowhere in the cup competitions.

FA Cup final and league cup semi final under Rodgers in three years. Two top 6 finishes, obviously should have been top 4 but still a good achievement for us.

I hope the next manager can do the same within three years otherwise people will want him out, obviously..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

Big mistake if we’ve sacked him. He’s not perfect, but his record here was fantastic until the injuries knocked us off course. The players are still playing for him - just look at Youri and the lads yesterday. Pretty sure this is just rumour anyway.

They sure as hell didn’t play for him at Forest and he has openly criticised the general work rate before. It’s had the feeling that there’s been a breakdown along the lines for a while tbh, but obviously that is all speculation and conjecture as quite frankly, none of us know!

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Injuries have caused issues, but this is where better managers will adapt their style and accommodate for the fact your defence is weakened. 

Rather than continue to play in a way that just further exposes the defensive frailties we have. 

We tried to calm the defensive issues by signing Vesty, and he’s a disgrace, and that was Brendan’s call…. So who’s to blame for that? The fans? 

No of course not, and his mistake of signing Bertrand and Jannik was big, but has he earnt no patience? And yes, I agree we should have just gone 4 at the back and sat deep and adopted a more Burnleyesque approach whilst we suffered with these shortages. People would have moaned, but it could have been better than our leaky defence currently.

Guess its all about how much slack you are prepared to give him, and more importantly, how much Top is.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Ian S said:

Says you who has made a career out of it on this forum.

Every word spelt correct as well. Great retort. 👍

Just now, Dusty said:

But it wasn’t that we were just sitting in. They pushed another man forward, are you suggesting we should have just left him up there as a spare man? If we did that and they scored everyone would be raging at Rodgers, and rightly so. Making a change to combat their change was the right thing to do. It then played no part in the goal. 

What are you waffling on about? 

Moyes pushed an extra man up to counter the fact we were on top, he even took his right back off because Barnes was drilling him an extra arsehole. 

There was absolutely no need to sit in, we could have gone and got a third goal and killed the game off, way before Moyes did that.  

Suggesting that Brendan tactically changed to accommodate them is piffle, because they went a scored anyway. Of course it had an impact on the game, because it swung momentum back in the favour of West Ham, and they were able to get up the pitch again and we were unable to find a way out.

The game was thrown due to a series of tactical blunders yet again, it’s becoming laughable how bad some of his decisions are, and I’m struggling to see how some are defending him.

I suppose the Forest game was down to them being tactical geniuses, and us having a little whoopsie….. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, boots60 said:

I wish I shared your optimism Rooster.

Sacking Claudio in 2017 shows there is no room for sentiment. Recent history means nowt.

Thank you Brendan (& VAR) for the FA Cup and the charity shield was a bonus but 2 final day of the season disasters & the form & baffling changes of tactics, substitutions etc of recent weeks have made it time to call it a day.

Even with our bad injury situation there is no excuse for some shocking defensive performances.

Question is, Who next?

There is no sentiment involved. I’ve never been especially enamoured with Brendan as a bloke, it’s just his record here is very good and even in our ‘disastrous’ season we’ll more than likely record a top half finish. The answer to your question is BR - he’s built up more than enough good will and I expect the owners will back him 👍

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

He's currently 6/4 on betfair to be sacked next. If there were any credible rumours around, it would be lot shorter than that.

Bet victor was 3/1, now 10/11.  enough of you have put on a few quid on to bring the price in. bookies are v sensitive in this market because obviously some people hear things and they are potentially v exposed. i dont think they are prepared to take v large bets on next manager markets.  all the value (away from the exchanges) has now gone with 2/1 the best on offer 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Bet victor was 3/1, now 10/11.  enough of you have put on a few quid on to bring the price in. bookies are v sensitive in this market because obviously some people hear things and they are potentially v exposed. i dont think they are prepared to take v large bets on next manager markets.  all the value (away from the exchanges) has now gone with 2/1 the best on offer 

Mate Bet Victor will go 1/10 on if someone chucks £50 on at 10/11! 

If anything was going to happen they would suspend the market. 

• Haha 1

Someone has £40 at 4s for him to be sacked next. 

Sends a couple of messages - "rumour started".

It shortens.

Lays off £40 at 6/4. Gets £100 if Rodgers goes next. Loses zilch if not.

As you can tell I've played wordle today

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

They sure as hell didn’t play for him at Forest and he has openly criticised the general work rate before. It’s had the feeling that there’s been a breakdown along the lines for a while tbh, but obviously that is all speculation and conjecture as quite frankly, none of us know!

You could see the players were giving everything yesterday. Youri, Ricardo, Barnes, Madders - it was a big statement that they are with the current managers when the pressure is on. Time to look forward with a talented manager and a group of players with huge potential. Our owners are too shrewd to get rid - so let’s get behind this group/manager. That is my opinion based on what I see!