Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

You could see the players were giving everything yesterday. Youri, Ricardo, Barnes, Madders - it was a big statement that they are with the current managers when the pressure is on. Time to look forward with a talented manager and a group of players with huge potential. Our owners are too shrewd to get rid - so let’s get behind this group/manager. That is my opinion based on what I see!

First half Tielemens wasn’t. He was hiding didn’t look interested. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

What are you waffling on about? 

Moyes pushed an extra man up to counter the fact we were on top, he even took his right back off because Barnes was drilling him an extra arsehole. 

There was absolutely no need to sit in, we could have gone and got a third goal and killed the game off, way before Moyes did that.  

Suggesting that Brendan tactically changed to accommodate them is piffle, because they went a scored anyway. Of course it had an impact on the game, because it swung momentum back in the favour of West Ham, and they were able to get up the pitch again and we were unable to find a way out.

The game was thrown due to a series of tactical blunders yet again, it’s becoming laughable how bad some of his decisions are, and I’m struggling to see how some are defending him.

I suppose the Forest game was down to them being tactical geniuses, and us having a little whoopsie….. 

You haven’t really answered the question I asked. West Ham push another man forward so that they could try and score. Do you think the best tactical approach to respond to do that is to do nothing and keep attacking? 

Also going on about trying to go for the game and control it, we conceded the first goal because we poorly played a high line, if we tried it again whilst they were pushing more men forward it would have been a disaster. West Ham were playing more attacking, it’s very normal for a team to respond to that by being more defensive and trying to play on the counter. 

The tactics and subs aren’t the issue, the problem was someone hand-balling it into the net. 

3 minutes ago, Dusty said:

You haven’t really answered the question I asked. West Ham push another man forward so that they could try and score. Do you think the best tactical approach to respond to do that is to do nothing and keep attacking? 

Also going on about trying to go for the game and control it, we conceded the first goal because we poorly played a high line, if we tried it again whilst they were pushing more men forward it would have been a disaster. West Ham were playing more attacking, it’s very normal for a team to respond to that by being more defensive and trying to play on the counter. 

The tactics and subs aren’t the issue, the problem was someone hand-balling it into the net. 

It's normal for teams to do that if they have the players to see a game out. We don't. Rodgers brought on a horrendously out-of-form, low confidence player and unsettled a defence that had been handling everything thrown at them in the second half. It was a ridiculous decision - and everybody watching knew it straight away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Makes me laugh when people try take the piss out of people like him. Same as Sean from Enderby, whether you like it or not he has a source that is at least partly credible. 

All agenda's buddy. Nobody for a second thinks these guys have a top tier source, you only need connections with a youth team player to find out the teams a few hours before kickoff.  The players will probably find out Brendans gone at the same time as us. 

2 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Seems as though the rumour is total bollocks 

imagine my shock.... 

unless there has been a falling out, why would be change a manager in Feb? makes no sense. 

If they are thinking of changing in the summer they will just get someone lined up and the deal done in and place for June 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

JJ now too, but yes Vardy and Jonny, and I do not dispute there are issues with injuries, and it is possible that Jonny even Jamie could not return to their same output, but hope not obviously.

Is a refresh of the squad required? Absolutely, is Brendan the man to do it? Risky due to past misdemeanours, but there was talk of him having  learnt his lesson  (Overruling the scouting team) so :dunno:

I can see good/bad scenarios with both outcomes (sack/keep) but if he does go, it needs to root and branch for me

JJ came back and we got spanked 4-1 by Notts Forest. Not sure we'll ever get Evans back fit for 30 games a season, Vards will be alright for a bit longer.

Just now, goose2010 said:

imagine my shock.... 

unless there has been a falling out, why would be change a manager in Feb? makes no sense. 

If they are thinking of changing in the summer they will just get someone lined up and the deal done in and place for June 

Because depending on who the manager is they want to replace him with, it doesn't cost us any less by waiting until the Summer to sack him. In fact it costs us another £4-5m in wages to wait until then. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

All agenda's buddy. Nobody for a second thinks these guys have a top tier source, you only need connections with a youth team player to find out the teams a few hours before kickoff.  The players will probably find out Brendans gone at the same time as us. 

As a leading member of the first team squad, I can confirm this is true...but only because we'll be too busy round Danny's getting f****d up and will miss the email.

Just now, goose2010 said:

imagine my shock.... 

Have a look back in time at when our last managerial change happened and Rodgers was appointed. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

imagine my shock.... 

Why would a change in Feb make no sense? If we were planning on doing it in the summer anyway, we'd be able to give a new manager a chance to assess the squad before the summer and not just in pre-season games.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't see it just before we play Randers, that competition is are last hope of a positive end to the season. 

No way are they getting a new man in before then and I can't see them having a caretaker in change for that.

Massive pinch of salt, but someone I know who works at the club is still adamant BR has pre-agreement to go UTD in the summer lol

...Claudio went after the fist leg in the Champions League, this competition is nowhere near in the same ball park!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dusty said:

And responded to your question with the solution…. We retreated well before West Ham made their changes…. The last 15 minutes of that second half we gifted to them. 

So they bring an extra man on, so what, our shape was stifling their main production line, Rice wasn’t able to get on the ball, and they were not able to find Bowen or Antonio. We were slicing them apart on the flanks, especially Barnes. If Brendan wanted to make a change is should have been Kalechi, the third goal was within touching distance. We were the home side and the advantage was very much with us.

So yes, I’m suggesting we should have gone for it, and looked to have finished the game off. Every game in the recent weeks where Brendan has tried to make the minor tactical

adjustment and ‘try not to lose the game’ we’ve either lost it or drawn it.

West Ham were shite yesterday, and we should have taken full advantage of that. 

• Like 1