Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

What’s the update with this then? I don’t want to read through ten pages when I’m in an area with shite signal.

Rumour on here he's going then nothing else.

Bookies have him at favourite but that's not really relevant considering there's no other managers under pressure.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

imagine my shock.... 

unless there has been a falling out, why would be change a manager in Feb? makes no sense. 

If they are thinking of changing in the summer they will just get someone lined up and the deal done in and place for June 

Because we can’t afford to keep losing players to recurring injuries, we were embarrassed by Forest, we hold leads like they’re slippery eels, and we set up at Anfield just to try to lose by no more than 2 goals. 

If the decision makers at the club don’t trust him with our imminent rebuild of the squad, it might not be a bad idea to bring someone in now who can have time to assess the squad before the window opens. 

Normally we get a steer long before it happens. I recall Puel being on the brink of being sacked about three times before he actually was. Also we had load of rumours Rodgers was ready to join whereas this time we've had no concrete information on replacements. Changing now probably means you don't get your first choice, too.

I think we're reaching the end of his tenure but unless there has been a complete breakdown between him and the players or the board I don't see it happening yet. Usually journalists would give clues and we've heard basically nothing from them.

Unless something dramatically changes behind the scenes nothing happens until the summer in my view.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

imagine my shock.... 

unless there has been a falling out, why would be change a manager in Feb? makes no sense. 

If they are thinking of changing in the summer they will just get someone lined up and the deal done in and place for June 

Ranieiri and Puel both got shown the door in February, it's not that bizarre.

There'd be reasonable logic behind a change now - gives a new manager time to assess ahead of the summer, implement any ideas, settle in...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Because we can’t afford to keep losing players to recurring injuries, we were embarrassed by Forest, we hold leads like they’re slippery eels, and we set up at Anfield just to try to lose by no more than 2 goals. 

If the decision makers at the club don’t trust him with our imminent rebuild of the squad, it might not be a bad idea to bring someone in now who can have time to assess the squad before the window opens. 

if its to believed we cannot afford to sack him either

I’m not saying this is the case this time, but it’s a known PR technique to leak a rumour to soften the blow if/when the time comes for real.

The more rumours there are about him being sacked the less of a shock it will be, thus taking the edges of any negative press that may come the clubs way.

The die is cast now imo, next bad result (Sunday most likely) will see him under an insurmountable amount of pressure.

Edited by Stadt
die/dye/dead/death ffs who knows

What’s really annoying me is that Brendan is calling out everybody apart from himself and his staff. He’s called out the fans, the players but not himself.

In his interview post match yesterday he mentioned the anxiety from the crowd early on that could have spread onto the players. He needs to understand why the crowd started to groan. One reason was the ease in which West Ham scored and another was the period of play where we kept passing it along the back line with no attempt at a forward ball. West Ham could have all gone for a coffee at this point.

He needs to take a good look at himself and the habits he uses every time before calling out others. He must have been the only person in the ground who thought it would be a good idea to bring Lurch on at the end to try to see the game out. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

I’m not saying this is the case this time, but it’s a known PR technique to leak a rumour to soften the blow if/when the time comes for real.

The more rumours there are about him being sacked the less of a shock it will be, thus taking the edges of any negative press that may come the clubs way.

To the outside football world maybe but honestly the club’s perception is fine , we have given Rodgers time and this cycle is coming to an end.

Just now, Kevin Russell said:

Lads he’s staying - owners are way too smart to get rid of someone with such a good record. 

What does it say to the next manager? Finish in Europe two seasons, win a major trophy (one of only two in the clubs entire history) then suffer a chronic and persistent injury crisis and we’ll give you the boot? It’s just not the right call. If we have all our players back and not the first choice centre halves out and we are moving in the wrong direction next season then he’s under pressure. Until then we still have time for our form to improve and I believe that it will.

The crippling injury crisis that follows his career? He's either the most unlucky bloke in the world or something he's doing is wrong. 

It's not a shock really. Fans of just about every club he's ever managed told us it would go this way after a couple of years. 

• Like 4

Goes without saying that he leaves with his head up here.

Been here for almost 3 years. In that time we've won two trophies including our first ever FA Cup as well as 5th placed finishes in his two full seasons.

Anyone doubting that he's a top manager is an idiot. It's just that his time here has come to an end. Our squad needs fresh ideas with a complete rebuild.

He's not the man to do it because the second he gets us playing well again he'll be off to United/Arsenal/Spurs et al.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He speaks Italian doesn't he? Swear he speaks several languages, always waffled on about it.

Not to be rude to Rodgers or anyone learning any language, it's not easy. But I've heard Rodgers Spanish and as a fluent speaker it's intermediate level tbh. Fluency is what he lacks. Very clear n Irish accent haha. Don't know how good his Italian is, but you know, one thing is intermediate level and fluency. 

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Goes without saying that he leaves with his head up here.

Been here for almost 3 years. In that time we've won two trophies including our first ever FA Cup as well as 5th placed finishes in his two full seasons.

Anyone doubting that he's not a top manager is an idiot. It's just that his time here has come to an end. Our squad needs fresh ideas with a complete rebuild.

He's not the man to do it because the second he gets us playing well again he'll be off to United/Arsenal/Spurs et al.

This is true hasn’t looked at it like that. Just the end of a “cycle” more than anything. New man for the next one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Anyone doubting that he's not a top manager is an idiot. It's just that his time here has come to an end. Our squad needs fresh ideas with a complete rebuild.

this ......whether its true or not, its what will happen ....

15 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Lads he’s staying - owners are way too smart to get rid of someone with such a good record. 

What does it say to the next manager? Finish in Europe two seasons, win a major trophy (one of only two in the clubs entire history) then suffer a chronic and persistent injury crisis and we’ll give you the boot? It’s just not the right call. If we have all our players back and not the first choice centre halves out and we are moving in the wrong direction next season then he’s under pressure. Until then we still have time for our form to improve and I believe that it will.

what makes you believe he will turn this around? 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Imagine if we conceded without making the sub.

People would have called on him to bring a defender on because they were "taller/strong than us".

...no one would have looked to have brought Vestergaard on, the problem that he was nowhere near the man he was brought on to nullify is what i can see!!!

He has no long term future here. When The United job was rumoured he failed to rule it out

How did that look to the owners , players and fans

We know he has lost many of the fans, the players don’t appear to be behind him and Top

will make the final decision 

no good putting a bloke in charge of a rebuild who will get in the first taxi if the destination is right

• Like 1