Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

17 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Lads he’s staying - owners are way too smart to get rid of someone with such a good record. 

What does it say to the next manager? Finish in Europe two seasons, win a major trophy (one of only two in the clubs entire history) then suffer a chronic and persistent injury crisis and we’ll give you the boot? It’s just not the right call. If we have all our players back and not the first choice centre halves out and we are moving in the wrong direction next season then he’s under pressure. Until then we still have time for our form to improve and I believe that it will.

Yep. We keep doing this until eventually we get relegated.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...no one would have looked to have brought Vestergaard on, the problem that he was nowhere near the man he was brought on to nullify is what i can see!!!

The sub was wrong, and disorganised things, but if he didn't make it, and the game still finished 2-2, people would be pointing out he should have made a sub to nulify their ariel threat.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Lads he’s staying - owners are way too smart to get rid of someone with such a good record. 

What does it say to the next manager? Finish in Europe two seasons, win a major trophy (one of only two in the clubs entire history) then suffer a chronic and persistent injury crisis and we’ll give you the boot? It’s just not the right call. If we have all our players back and not the first choice centre halves out and we are moving in the wrong direction next season then he’s under pressure. Until then we still have time for our form to improve and I believe that it will.

Finishing in Europe for two seasons isnt the complete story though is it. Falling at the final hurdle to finish 5th, twice, isn't something to be celebrated. Then add to the fact our cup win has papered over many cracks, it's worrying. 

Our owners all harped on about progress and wanting to see us consistently improve. For me, I think Rodgers has taken us as far as he can and i personally dont trust him with the summer transfer window.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Look Brendan I know you're not taking the news well, but you'll find another club. 

46 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

And responded to your question with the solution…. We retreated well before West Ham made their changes…. The last 15 minutes of that second half we gifted to them. 

So they bring an extra man on, so what, our shape was stifling their main production line, Rice wasn’t able to get on the ball, and they were not able to find Bowen or Antonio. We were slicing them apart on the flanks, especially Barnes. If Brendan wanted to make a change is should have been Kalechi, the third goal was within touching distance. We were the home side and the advantage was very much with us.

So yes, I’m suggesting we should have gone for it, and looked to have finished the game off. Every game in the recent weeks where Brendan has tried to make the minor tactical

adjustment and ‘try not to lose the game’ we’ve either lost it or drawn it.

West Ham were shite yesterday, and we should have taken full advantage of that. 

Okay well this is just a difference of opinion then, I see it differently. I definitely don’t think that from the 75th minute we were playing into their hands like you’re suggesting.

To me it really seemed like we reacted to their offensive change by making a defensive one, which I personally have no issue in. The only reason this change didn’t work, was because they scored an illegal goal.

8 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

Finishing in Europe for two seasons isnt the complete story though is it. Falling at the final hurdle to finish 5th, twice, isn't something to be celebrated. Then add to the fact our cup win has papered over many cracks, it's worrying. 

Our owners all harped on about progress and wanting to see us consistently improve. For me, I think Rodgers has taken us as far as he can and i personally dont trust him with the summer transfer window.  

I will be highly surprised if the next manager can finish top 6 twice and win an FA Cup with us within 2 seasons.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Goes without saying that he leaves with his head up here.

Been here for almost 3 years. In that time we've won two trophies including our first ever FA Cup as well as 5th placed finishes in his two full seasons.

Anyone doubting that he's not a top manager is an idiot. It's just that his time here has come to an end. Our squad needs fresh ideas with a complete rebuild.

He's not the man to do it because the second he gets us playing well again he'll be off to United/Arsenal/Spurs et al.

A complete rebuild? lol

We need a whole new team?

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

well he won’t be inheriting as good a good team will he?

Dunno yet.

He won't inherit a squad as good as Rodgers did, but I doubt anybody thought we'd have finished top 6 twice and won the FA Cup (and Community Shield) in Rodgers' first two seasons.

The thing about Rodgers is that he continues to make the same blunders game after game, playing players out of position, late subs, making subs when it’s not necessary. When Vestergaard was prepping to come on last night everyone around me where saying the same thing WHY WHY WHY surely Rodgers must have been aware of the fans reaction to the sub he was about make, which in my opinion lost us 3 points.

And yet again Rodgers finds a reason to blame everything and everyone but himself, the man needs to grow a backbone and stand up and be counted for his actions but no not our Brendan. When most of the managers in the premier league stand on the touch line ranting and raving and encouraging there players Rodgers is seen with that fcuking notebook writing what he wants from the takeaway, I wish someone would burn it. Be a man Rodgers and be accountable for your actions.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I will be highly surprised if the next manager can finish top 6 twice and win an FA Cup with us within 2 seasons.

If West Ham can compete up there, no reason why we cant. Other point stands that "finishing top 6/europe" doesnt tell the full story imo

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno yet.

He won't inherit a squad as good as Rodgers did, but I doubt anybody thought we'd have finished top 6 twice and won the FA Cup (and Community Shield) in Rodgers' first two seasons.

He had a top 6 team. The FA cup I’ll give you, but again, that team was more than capable of winning it. 

Edited by Tomek

Just now, Kevin Russell said:

It kind of is the complete story though, because we did finish in Europe twice in a row, it’s just we did so well we were disappointed to miss out on Champs League. Which would have been phenomenal - look at West Ham - they won’t make Champs League, but Moyes will rightly receive high praise if they make Europe once. If they win a major trophy as well? Jeez the more I think about it the more the criticism sounds harsh. Yes it’s a disappointment thus season, but I think injuries have played a significant part.

We all want progress, but the reality is there are a lot of sides with higher transfer and player budgets, so In the absence of a magician it will be hard to consistently make Top 6 and win stuff.

I understand what you're saying around transfers but Rodgers has been spending money & signing players. 

You could argue it ultimately comes down to whether people trust Rodgers with the transfers/rebuild he's alluded too. For me I dont. 

1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

Come on - can West Ham finish Top 6 twice and win FA Cup - I very much doubt it.

Definitely more likely than us at the moment. Newcastle only 6 points behind us too. 

Just now, Jackubu said:

If West Ham can compete up there, no reason why we cant. Other point stands that "finishing top 6/europe" doesnt tell the full story imo

Agreed and I think we should be competiting top 6.

"Finishing top 6" doesn't tell the full story of what? Because we were top 4 for so long? When the season started everybody said we should be aiming for top 6, which we got. We aren't good enough to play in the Champions League and never were. It was a disaster we missed out but that's why we have a league. Over the course we weren't good enough.

But I'd still take the FA Cup win over it any day of the week. I'd love to relive that day again and again. Winning trophies is what Sport is about and what a club like us should be going for.

1 minute ago, Jackubu said:

West ham are in a lot stronger position than we are.... doesn't help they are owned by a bunch of crooks either. 

We cannot compete in the transfer market against them either. Majority of players would pick them over us for the London lifestyle and massive wages. 

only got to look at Zouma he is on 125k a week. Our top earners are only just about on that (i think?!) 

3 minutes ago, Tomek said:

He had a top 6 team. The FA cup I’ll give you, but again, that team was more than capable of winning it. 

If the team was "more than capable" of winning the FA Cup then why did Puel never do it?

I think we should be competing for top 6 but if winning the FA Cup was so easy then Rodgers wouldn't be the first manager in our history to do it.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

I understand what you're saying around transfers but Rodgers has been spending money & signing players. 

You could argue it ultimately comes down to whether people trust Rodgers with the transfers/rebuild he's alluded too. For me I dont. 

Definitely more likely than us at the moment. Newcastle only 6 points behind us too. 

Im not sure I follow your logic and fortunately it appears the owners have a different view too. We can’t attract top managers if we treat people who achieve success like that. Rogers is here and we’ll do well again.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed and I think we should be competiting top 6.

"Finishing top 6" doesn't tell the full story of what? Because we were top 4 for so long? When the season started everybody said we should be aiming for top 6, which we got. We aren't good enough to play in the Champions League and never were. It was a disaster we missed out but that's why we have a league. Over the course we weren't good enough.

But I'd still take the FA Cup win over it any day of the week. I'd love to relive that day again and again. Winning trophies is what Sport is about and what a club like us should be going for.

It's the disaster which resonates with me though. Not being good enough over the course isnt what we should be ok with, we capitulated in both seasons and we've seen that spread into this season  and whilst i dont think we'll go down, we'll finish closer to that than most think.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

Key phrase here is "at the moment". Consistency is massive in football, it's what seperates people, and Rodgers has been consistent in two seasons here.

So has Moyes, and he's done a good job with West Ham, but they still haven't won a trophy like we have.

Wonder if there is some truth in the rumours of Rodgers making demands on budgets for next season and it has come to a head today, with a big falling out and an agreement of a parting of the ways is currently being finalised hence the reports of him leaving have surfaced, could be this has been leaked prior to the club finalising his severance package etc 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri