Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Kevin Russell said:

Im not sure I follow your logic and fortunately it appears the owners have a different view too. We can’t attract top managers if we treat people who achieve success like that. Rogers is here and we’ll do well again.

Not sure why we automatically have to go for big name managers. Appreciate not a like-for-like example but nobody thought this randomer Wolves appointed would take them further than Nuno and it looks like he is. Either way the rumours generally follow the 'no smoke without fire' scenario; so we'll see.

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If the team was "more than capable" of winning the FA Cup then why did Puel never do it?

I think we should be competing for top 6 but if winning the FA Cup was so easy then Rodgers wouldn't be the first manager in our history to do it.

Puel just couldnt coach Tielemans into whacking one top bins from 35 yards or Schmeichel making outrageous saves in the same way the Brodge did.

Managerial masterclass wasn't it. Nothing to do with the players. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Lads he’s staying - owners are way too smart to get rid of someone with such a good record. 

What does it say to the next manager? Finish in Europe two seasons, win a major trophy (one of only two in the clubs entire history) then suffer a chronic and persistent injury crisis and we’ll give you the boot? It’s just not the right call. If we have all our players back and not the first choice centre halves out and we are moving in the wrong direction next season then he’s under pressure. Until then we still have time for our form to improve and I believe that it will.

What if the club has deemed him the cause of that injury crisis? 10s of millions worth of players unavailable for matchday.

The pattern I have noticed is the defence for Rodgers at this point is either conveniently ignoring the problems, blaming players, thinking injuries are just bad luck, pretending tactical errors arent happening or are one off's.  Or like a Hollywood movie ending where the faith magically creates a miracle and all ends well.

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

Puel just couldnt coach Tielemans into whacking one top bins from 35 yards or Schmeichel making outrageous saves in the same way the Brodge did.

Managerial masterclass wasn't it. Nothing to do with the players. 

Rodger’s deserves credit for the final and the whole campaign. As do the players. We’re poor now but let’s not pretend we weren’t once great under his stewardship.

5 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Wonder if there is some truth in the rumours of Rodgers making demands on budgets for next season and it has come to a head today, with a big falling out and an agreement of a parting of the ways is currently being finalised hence the reports of him leaving have surfaced, could be this has been leaked prior to the club finalising his severance package etc 

My guess is that he started talking about summer rebuilding before any budgets agreed and has tried to use that as leverage to get the figure he wants. Rogers reminds me of my old boss who did the same when starting a new project and wanting to outsource. He just started telling other management that he was getting xx budget to use an outsourcer. That guy got the sack too. 

38 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The sub was wrong, and disorganised things, but if he didn't make it, and the game still finished 2-2, people would be pointing out he should have made a sub to nulify their ariel threat.

I dont think there would be anyone claiming we should have made that sub. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Claudio went after the fist leg in the Champions League, this competition is nowhere near in the same ball park!!!

Big difference, CR had lost the dress room and we were in free fall. 

CR had won 1 in 10 (5 pts from 30 pt) and lost 5 PL games on the bounce and we were 17th in the league.

BR in the last 10 has won 3, and draw 3 lost 4 (12 pts from 30) and we are 11th. 

Edited by coolhandfox
typo

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno yet.

He won't inherit a squad as good as Rodgers did, but I doubt anybody thought we'd have finished top 6 twice and won the FA Cup (and Community Shield) in Rodgers' first two seasons.

Nigh on everyone thought we'd be top 6 in 19/20, less so last season but even then you had Arsenal, Chelsea (half a season) and United with cone men as gaffers. They were both huge missed opportunities.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

CR had won 1 in 10 (5 pts from 30 pt) and lost 5 PL games on the bounce and we were 17th in the league.

BR in the last 10 has won 3, and draw 4 lost 4 (13 pts from 30) and we are 11th. 

That adds up to 11?

Brendan may well have realised that with YT definitely not staying, he wont have the budget to effectively replace him and also fill in the gaps elsewhere.  

there could be some truth to rumours that he has upped the ante to try and elicit a release (mutual consent) from his contract here (with his comp of course).  perhaps he just doesn't fancy the rebuild project given the available budget 

• Like 2

Just now, st albans fox said:

Brendan may well have realised that with YT definitely not staying, he wont have the budget to effectively replace him and also fill in the gaps elsewhere.  

there could be some truth to rumours that he has upped the ante to try and elicit a release (mutual consent) from his contract here (with his comp of course).  perhaps he just doesn't fancy the rebuild project given the available budget 

and perhaps we don’t fancy him either with the “rebuild” project.

• Like 4

Strangely, throughout the day my thoughts on this have changed. I wanted Brendan out after last night, and thought the time had come.

Now rumours have circulated, I actually want him to be given the summer. Think in the 3 seasons he's had in charge he had a great first half and poor 2nd half. Injuries haven't helped, and neither have awful signings.

What I do want, is Congerton gone, the guys a fraud. No doubt Brendan can coach but Congerton's transfer record is awful. Our physio team also needs looking at. Basically, remove the power away from Brendan so he's nothing more than head coach. Lets get a solid system in place so the club isn't decimated when he leaves and takes half the staff with him.

If he doesn't like those parameters, then yeah, he's welcome to go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

JJ now too, but yes Vardy and Jonny, and I do not dispute there are issues with injuries, and it is possible that Jonny even Jamie could not return to their same output, but hope not obviously.

Is a refresh of the squad required? Absolutely, is Brendan the man to do it? Risky due to past misdemeanours, but there was talk of him having  learnt his lesson  (Overruling the scouting team) so :dunno:

I can see good/bad scenarios with both outcomes (sack/keep) but if he does go, it needs to root and branch for me

Could you define root and branch for me? As to just how far we should go. @Dahnsouff Not trying to be an ass hole.:)

Edited by SO1

8 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

BR in the last 10 has won 3, and draw 3 lost 4 (12 pts from 30) and we are 11th. 

The home record is played 8 W5 D2 L1 and the lost match we were ahead on 90 minutes.

33 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

If West Ham can compete up there, no reason why we cant. Other point stands that "finishing top 6/europe" doesnt tell the full story imo

West Ham look to be top 6 for 2 seasons in a row, that is no more than what we did. It remains to be seen if they can do it for a third season particularly if they get a crippling injury list.

1 minute ago, fox in the sox said:

West Ham look to be top 6 for 2 seasons in a row, that is no more than what we did. It remains to be seen if they can do it for a third season particularly if they get a crippling injury list.

And Declan will likely be off to ......