Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, SO1 said:

Could you define root and branch for me? As to just how far we should go.

I would create a new core if as we think

• Youri is leaving
  • Jonny is permanently in the shop (See, I can do occassional American speak)
  • Vardy is winding down
  • Schmeichel wants more CL before he retires (So either next season or the one after he is off*)

That is a great spine, but its old and as much as all four can still contribute, the current bad season gives us carte blanche to make big calls (This could be booting Rodgers)

Then revamp the medical, coaching to match the quality of the new training centre

Big wishes, and it may be unreasonable without big sales, but it feels like this is a watershed moment

* there are conflicting reports here though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just looked on Twitter and read he stormed out of a meeting today after he wanted 100m  transfer budget excluding sales money in the summer, which was rejected.

Any truth in this story?

If that’s the one from indykalia then none at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I would create a new core if as we think

• Youri is leaving
  • Jonny is permanently in the shop (See, I can do occassional American speak)
  • Vardy is winding down
  • Schmeichel wants more CL before he retires (So either next season or the one after he is off*)

That is a great spine, but its old and as much as all four can still contribute, the current bad season gives us carte blanche to make big calls (This could be booting Rodgers)

Then revamp the medical, coaching to match the quality of the new training centre

Big wishes, and it may be unreasonable without big sales, but it feels like this is a watershed moment

* there are conflicting reports here though

Thats going to take time, money, and patience. And with players/managers there are no guarantees. At least we have a professionally run club. I have no doubt they'll do what they think is best for the club.

26 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Puel just couldnt coach Tielemans into whacking one top bins from 35 yards or Schmeichel making outrageous saves in the same way the Brodge did.

Managerial masterclass wasn't it. Nothing to do with the players. 

What a weird view to have. Minds well discredit every single manager, ever, with that view.

I completely forgot winning a competition is a one off game.

You better go and tell Fergie that he only won his first CL because  of Sheringham and Solsjkear.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just looked on Twitter and read he stormed out of a meeting today after he wanted 100m  transfer budget excluding sales money in the summer, which was rejected.

Any truth in this story?

We do need at least three players this summer. If Rodgers did that (which I doubt) then he's looking for an early vacation. Been reading Indykalia's stupidity for years.

11 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Any truth in this story?

Stop following India Kalia mate

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Ah okay fair enough, I thought I was going mad 😂 why 8 matches out of curiosity?

The one before that spoils the statistic.

- but it does show that things are not as bad as some people think particularly at home. We won 5 in a row and have been ahead in the next 3 on 80 minutes. Admittedly that is not much good if you throw it away by making stupid substitutions.

1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

History has taught us that it is very difficult for most Premiership sides to consistently compete with clubs that have significantly greater financial power. When you land a manager who has a demonstrated an ability across two seasons to unsettle the status quo - I think it’s rash to turf him out after a below par season. That’s my logic and I’m pretty comfortable with it!

How much was down to a talented squad of players and how much the manager?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno yet.

He won't inherit a squad as good as Rodgers did, but I doubt anybody thought we'd have finished top 6 twice and won the FA Cup (and Community Shield) in Rodgers' first two seasons.

Tielemens on his way, Vardy on the tail end of his career ( that’s if he continues)… two huge cogs in the machine..

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I heard that he demanded that the stadium is renamed the Brendan Rodgers stadium and that all food and drink packaging sold from official outlets display the below 

:brendan_still:

I heard he wants moulds of his penis to be sold in the fan store. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno yet.

He won't inherit a squad as good as Rodgers did, but I doubt anybody thought we'd have finished top 6 twice and won the FA Cup (and Community Shield) in Rodgers' first two seasons.

Why not?

I'm surprised some people couldn't see how much better we were as soon as Youri started getting fit. Then Soy turned out to be a great replacement for Maguire. 

The cup win we were favourites to win the tie in every single game and then got the flukey win against Chelsea in the final. 

Rodgers isn't even a major reason why we've been improving, the club have been operating at a very impressive level. I'd fancy a lot of managers to do well with the squad we managed to put together.

• Like 3