Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

The sub was wrong, and disorganised things, but if he didn't make it, and the game still finished 2-2, people would be pointing out he should have made a sub to nulify their ariel threat.

....I think our supporters have seen in as many times, that bringing someone on to negate what was a perceived threat does not work!!!

Vestergaard was nowhere near Dawson, so was the strategy conveyed to him, as all he did was to get in Kasper's way.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

The one before that spoils the statistic.

- but it does show that things are not as bad as some people think particularly at home. We won 5 in a row and have been ahead in the next 3 on 80 minutes. Admittedly that is not much good if you throw it away by making stupid substitutions.

i quoted this about 100 pages back...... (which was only 7 days ago!! 

in our last 32 games, we've won 12, drawn 7 and lost 12 in all competitions....  which is a 37% (ish) win rate.....  Pule in 67 games had 23 wins, 18 draws and 26 loses.....

So he is roughly run rating at the Claude Puel level, but getting paid a kings ransom to play what is effectively the same style of football.

his style is outdated now. virtually all teams work hard, hustle, close down.

Apparently we don't. 

We risk getting left behind if we don't make a change soon.

just for some balance... in the previous 32 games to the ones listed above....

20 Wins, 8 Draws and 6 Losses - so a 62% win rate (give or take)

it's an alarming slide.... SOME of which I think can be attributed to the Injuries.  But it's a managers job to navigate those issues. To manage training levels, address tiredness etc. 

64 games, 32 wins, 15 draws and 18 losses across all competitions is decent. it's a 50% win rate.... he's picking up points in 73% of games.... (across 64 games) 

We are currently picking up points in 60% of our games....

*this doesn't include the weekends result... 

Edited by Greg2607
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Why not?

I'm surprised some people couldn't see how much better we were as soon as Youri started getting fit. Then Soy turned out to be a great replacement for Maguire. 

The cup win we were favourites to win the tie in every single game and then got the flukey win against Chelsea in the final. 

Rodgers isn't even a major reason why we've been improving, the club have been operating at a very impressive level. I'd fancy a lot of managers to do well with the squad we managed to put together.

Please stop playing down the FA Cup win lads, it's really ungracious. You don't fluke a win against the team who won the Champions League, with Ngolo Kante and so on in their team. We defended very well, mentally approached the game well and scored a great goal. Kasper pulled off a phenomenal save and Chilly was offside.

Rodgers time is coming to an end here in my opinion, summer the latest. The FA Cup achievement alone makes his time here successful, if not iconic. When it 20 years we probably still won't have a 2nd.

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The cup win we were favourites to win the tie in every single game and then got the flukey win against Chelsea in the final. 

We had to beat four PL teams to win the cup, plus a good Brentford side. It wasn't exactly a stroll to get there!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Agreed and I think we should be competiting top 6.

"Finishing top 6" doesn't tell the full story of what? Because we were top 4 for so long? When the season started everybody said we should be aiming for top 6, which we got. We aren't good enough to play in the Champions League and never were. It was a disaster we missed out but that's why we have a league. Over the course we weren't good enough.

But I'd still take the FA Cup win over it any day of the week. I'd love to relive that day again and again. Winning trophies is what Sport is about and what a club like us should be going for.

....there is £50m for getting to the Champions League, we missed the boat twice on the last day, £100m to strengthen the team!!!

Rodgers poor forays in Europe would have been more the drawback, than the quality we had.

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I think our supporters have seen in as many times, that bringing someone on to negate what was a perceived threat does not work!!!

Vestergaard was nowhere near Dawson, so was the strategy conveyed to him, as all he did was to get in Kasper's way.

I agree. 

In interview Rodgers did say he bought Vestergaard on because he's 6'7" and West Ham had started to leave Morrison up. Isn't that just too simple albeit it may sound logical?

Up until yesterday, Rodgers hadn't played Vestergaard having deemed Armarty, Ndidi and even Choudhury better options than the 15m flop. In fairness to Vestergaard, he's a big old unit who was coming on cold off the bench in the 89th minute and would have no time to get into the flow of the game which would last 1 minute plus any extra time. Up until this time, the defence at corners had coped (ish). Now, with Vestergaard, they're going to have to change things round from what they'd been successfully doing. Vestergaard was later easily outpaced by Antonio who had been running for 90 minutes!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

i quoted this about 100 pages back...... (which was only 7 days ago!! 

in our last 32 games, we've won 12, drawn 7 and lost 12 in all competitions....  which is a 37% (ish) win rate.....  Pule in 67 games had 23 wins, 18 draws and 26 loses.....

So he is roughly run rating at the Claude Puel level, but getting paid a kings ransom to play what is effectively the same style of football.

his style is outdated now. virtually all teams work hard, hustle, close down.

Apparently we don't. 

We risk getting left behind if we don't make a change soon.

just for some balance... in the previous 32 games to the ones listed above....

20 Wins, 8 Draws and 6 Losses - so a 62% win rate (give or take)

it's an alarming slide.... SOME of which I think can be attributed to the Injuries.  But it's a managers job to navigate those issues. To manage training levels, address tiredness etc. 

64 games, 32 wins, 15 draws and 18 losses across all competitions is decent. it's a 50% win rate.... he's picking up points in 73% of games.... (across 64 games) 

We are currently picking up points in 60% of our games....

*this doesn't include the weekends result... 

I think you are wasting your time comparing his record to Puel. It is obvious that Rodgers is a better manager, it is just a case of working out whether he can get us back to the level we got to before. If the club think not then do they think there is a manager out there who could get us there again ? or do we have to accept that any finish in the top half is good considering the opposition we are up against?

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

ffs

There are certain fans at every club who always go out of their way to dismiss any success their club has.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Cba if you've got that attitude.

A lot of cup finals are "flukey". Chelsea are a prime example of that with their CL final wins.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Winsum said:

He has no long term future here. When The United job was rumoured he failed to rule it out

How did that look to the owners , players and fans

We know he has lost many of the fans, the players don’t appear to be behind him and Top

will make the final decision 

no good putting a bloke in charge of a rebuild who will get in the first taxi if the destination is right

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12471697/brendan-rodgers-leicester-manager-distances-himself-from-disrespectful-man-utd-speculation

"Secondly, I can't really comment on it because it is something that is not real. I am here as the Leicester City manager, I'm proud to be here, privileged to be here and fully committed to the players, the club, the ownership.

"That's about it really. All the other noise around that is something that we can't control. I've focused, like I have done in my career, so the only club I'm thinking about is Chelsea and getting ready for that."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

I think you are wasting your time comparing his record to Puel. It is obvious that Rodgers is a better manager, it is just a case of working out whether he can get us back to the level we got to before. If the club think not then do they think there is a manager out there who could get us there again ? or do we have to accept that any finish in the top half is good considering the opposition we are up against?

i don't disagree. but statistically, our last 32 games have been running at a Puel level of success. 

i do think rodgers is the better Man Manager. He's clearly had more success here. but it's been going wrong for quite some time based on the last 33 games. 

16 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

i don't disagree. but statistically, our last 32 games have been running at a Puel level of success. 

i do think rodgers is the better Man Manager. He's clearly had more success here. but it's been going wrong for quite some time based on the last 33 games. 

I think he has still got about 40 points in those matches though, a rate which is still going to get you a decent finish. I agreed more with the Ranieri sacking because we did look like we were heading for relegation - but there are no signs here that it has got anywhere near that bad.

46 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

If memory serves correctly, he got away by the skin of his teeth with this tactic in the FA Cup Final.

5 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

I think he has still got about 40 points in those matches though, a rate which is still going to get you a decent finish. I agreed more with the Ranieri sacking because we did look like we were heading for relegation - but there are no signs here that it has got anywhere near that bad.

You might need reminding of this post later on.:D

• Like 1

What would rodgers have to do to win us all round by the end of the season?

I am thinking that the board must be sure about him before they allow him to rebuild the team - or it would be better to get  new fella and give him all the dosh and a full preseason.

My list is simple:

1.  Rodgers explains that his tactics have been too negative  - the lack of attack in home games, the caution piddling about at the back; the defensive substitutions; and  his communication with the players is poor.  He admits that his obsession with ayoze and more latterly with the Southampton two has been and mistake. - in this way he gets out of denial.

2.   He appoints a new psychologist for the coaches and the squad

3.   he hires a defense coach

4.  he says he will stop blaming the fans and the players and will take responsibility himself.

Edited by foxinsocks