Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Chelsea fans at work giving it big licks about winning the club World Cup at the weekend. Soon shut up when I sang at them “CHAMPIONS OF LEAGUE ONE YOU’LL NEVER SING THAT”.

I then told them we played Yeovil away on a Monday night live on sky and still took about 1,000 fans…. How many of them would have done the same?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Hereford was a great day out until some dick took a mid-match swing at Cobbo for unknown reasons, missed, and hit me square in the face.

I remember some fan in red in our end that day, a Cheltenham fan, just there to make sure Hereford were going down lol

10 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Hereford was a great day out until some dick took a mid-match swing at Cobbo for unknown reasons, missed, and hit me square in the face.

I remember you standing there with both of your arms out trying and then seeing a fist come over at you 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I heard that he demanded that the stadium is renamed the Brendan Rodgers stadium and that all food and drink packaging sold from official outlets display the below 

:brendan_still:

Top agreed that part of the KP would be re-named in honour of the great man: The Brendan Rodgers Toilets

I just can't look forward to any game at the moment. I was hoping he was going to get the sack today. I just don't trust anything about what he does. Don't trust him to ever change his damn awful tactics, suddenly stop running our players to ruin and definitely don't trust him this summer to get the right players In. I think we will be doing the same again next Monday after Wolves checking if he has gone. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I don’t think your version of history is wrong at all. It doesn’t really respond to what I said though. To consistently challenge is enormously difficult. Pearson and Ranieri both got us into difficult positions at the wrong end of the table at different points. Rogers has only ever had us at the top of the table and is now getting stick for probably delivering a top half finish.

I don’t think our outlook for the future is dismal at all, we have committed and competent owners; a talented squad; and a manager who has done ridiculously well since he’s been in charge. We are well set for an increasingly competitive future if we don’t make rash decisions. I would love us to be challenging for Top 4 for the third season in a row, but it was always going to be tough and the injury problems have made it worse.

Get the players fit (particularly at the back) add a bit of quality in summer and we will perform well. Given the injury problems a top half finish this year will be fine.

Do you not accept at all that Rodgers is at least partly responsible for the injury problems? Just saying that we'll be good when the players are fit - that isn't going to happen with his management. So he stays forever because of this shielding hypothetical you've given him?

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bert said:

I remember you standing there with both of your arms out trying and then seeing a fist come over at you 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

One up on me then, I don't remember seeing it at all. lol

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Do you not accept at all that Rodgers is at least partly responsible for the injury problems? Just saying that we'll be good when the players are fit - that isn't going to happen with his management. So he stays forever because of this shielding hypothetical you've given him?

But you are using your own hypothetical to attempt to unseat him, no? There is no proof outside of circumstantial that Rodgers is the cause of our injury woes, I am not saying it is not strong, but it is not proof, and he should look to mitigate the injuries in any way possible and discuss what actions he is imposing to do so.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

But you are using your own hypothetical to attempt to unseat him, no? There is no proof outside of circumstantial that Rodgers is the cause of our injury woes, I am not saying it is not strong, but it is not proof, and he should look to mitigate the injuries in any way possible and discuss what actions he is imposing to do so.

Delude yourself all you want.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That Spurs game has put the shitters up him, prior to that in the stop start football we'd played since late November we'd started playing some very attacking football again without the caution or pragmatism that at times has tormented his decision making.

But since that last minute collapse it seems to have scared him in to trying to protect slender leads again and with a fragile mentality this season we are crumbling time and time again. We know we can't defend this season, no matter what he tries it's just not collectively working, we are breaking new records and not in a good way and I don't know when that changes. It didn't change when Evans came back in Sep/October, it didn't change when Soyuncu came back or Ricardo and Castagne. It's not changed since Justin returned or Amartey and Ndidi from AFCON. The problems run so deep that he and our fans are deluded if they think it magically all reverts back to over a year ago.

There's something fundamentally wrong with this regime now and I've lost faith that he can fix it or keep the squad fit enough to challenge for trophies and the top 6 again.

He has to place trust in this side to attack and to see games out on the front foot. He talks about retaining possession but makes negative containing subs that reduce the number of players used to retaining possession on the pitch, it's brainless to keep doing it.

I'm no Rodgers apologist, indeed I've run out of patience with him after recent weeks, but I do think that the constant changes we've had to make at the back have had a massive impact. We've not had our first choice back 4 available together once all season. Whilst you are right that we've not improved after some of the best defenders have returned from injuries at certain times, don't forget that only 1 or 2 of them have ever been available at any one time. Throw in that Ricardo and JJ have struggled to regain top form after terrible injuries on the rare occasions we've actually got them on the pitch; and that even most of our back up defenders have had spells out injured, and it really is a perfect storm. Top defences are built on partnerships and familiarity. Injuries this season have meant we never know who will be able to play in defence from week to week and the result is a complete lack of cohesion, sadly. I know people will jump on this and say I'm deluded but exactly the same thing happened at Liverpool last season and if you remember they lost 6 PL home games running at one point. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

How do we get proof? The man won't admit to it himself even if he was at gun point. There's enough circumstantial evidence to suggest a sustained pattern emerging though both at his former clubs and here over the last 2 years. Not to mention the removal of Rennie and him bringing his own medical people in. 

• Like 4

Just now, Ric Flair said:

How do we get proof? The man won't admit to it himself even if he was at gun point. There's enough circumstantial evidence to suggest a sustained pattern emerging though both at his former clubs and here over the last 2 years. Not to mention the removal of Rennie and him bringing his own medical people in. 

Fair point, maybe a whistleblower, but these lads are probably NDA’ed up before settlements  are agreed. I can see that circumstantially he looks culpable, this scenario has followed him, it’s just not quite enough for me.

Did  Dave Rennie not reveal anything?

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I'm no Rodgers apologist, indeed I've run out of patience with him after recent weeks, but I do think that the constant changes we've had to make at the back have had a massive impact. We've not had our first choice back 4 available together once all season. Whilst you are right that we've not improved after some of the best defenders have returned from injuries at certain times, don't forget that only 1 or 2 of them have ever been available at any one time. Throw in that Ricardo and JJ have struggled to regain top form after terrible injuries on the rare occasions we've actually got them on the pitch; and that even most of our back up defenders have had spells out injured, it really is a perfect storm. Top defences are built on partnerships and familiarity. Injuries this season have meant we never know who will be able to play in defence from week to week and the result is a complete lack of cohesion, sadly. I know people will jump on this and say I'm deluded but exactly the same thing happened at Liverpool last season and if you remember they lost 6 PL home games running at one point. 

Back in October we had Evans, Soyuncu, Amartey, Castagne, Ricardo and Thomas all fit and the defending didn't improve. We still averaged around 2 goals conceded again, set pieces and absolute mess and general chaos. I'm wondering how much of it is purely a defensive issue from the defenders themselves or the way the team is out of sync with one another, someone more sophisticated than me can probably find some stats that back this up. Ndidi is having a poor season as a DCM as well won't have helped and our pressing from the front is way off previous years.