Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

21 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

I take it from the lack of replies or responses to that question means everyone's in agreement that we played shit tonight.

And guess ultimately who's responsible for that?

The manager.

Who kept Perez on, started Maddison, dropped Iheanacho, didn't put on Praet, not rotating enough of his squad options, continuously starting an out of form Vardy and everything else that's been spotted and spoken about on this forum tonight.

I’m gutted that we lost tonight, but I don’t blame BR. Two mistakes cost us the goals, an unnecessary corner and unnecessary challenge in the box with a player heading towards the corner flag. Chelsea had all the stats in their favour but essentially just huffed and puffed. Bit like the Spurs game on January 13th 2016 when they wiped the floor with us but we held out and Huth scored his iconic header late on. Nobody bitched then about our negative and uninspiring performance!

My only beef with Perez is that his technique let him down when he had a straight forward shot that only had to hit the target. 

I thought Rodgers game plan was ok, but meant a zero mistake requirement, which didn’t happen. After 60 years following the lads, I’ve seen plenty of back to the wall games where we have triumphed from a defensive set up. You can’t go out all guns blazing against a team like Chelsea who are in the Champions League final! Some people need a reality check. 

We still have a great chance for the top four, so you negative know all supporters better get behind the team on Sunday. I wasn’t allowed to apply for a ticket, so I am relying on you lot to get us over the line. Don’t let us down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He has done well this season. Kudos to him. The truth is that true greatness beckoned and he spurned it. I have not seen any evidence that Maddison was in any shape to get back into this team this season. The guy is practically struggling to jog. He is limping half the time. To bench Kelechi after one bad game to make space for Maddison is self destructive. Even when he came on when players were tired he made no impression, so why start him?

With the number of goals Kelechi has scored in the past 3 months, all Rodgers is looking for is an opportunity to fit Maddison back in.

• Like 1

This is way he cops all the crap , he should have had Ricardo on much sooner his pace was worrying  them , Maddison and Perez’s should have been dragged off earlier, and the fact is he has not used the squad very well in the last 20 games at all , I hope we don’t miss out again like last year but if we do it all falls at the manager’s feet .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

This is way he cops all the crap , he should have had Ricardo on much sooner his pace was worrying  them , Maddison and Perez’s should have been dragged off earlier, and the fact is he has not used the squad very well in the last 20 games at all , I hope we don’t miss out again like last year but if we do it all falls at the manager’s feet .

Spot on. 👏

2 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/2149576/we-needed-to-play-forward-more-says-rodgers

This is what's getting my goat!

Brendan saying that we needed to play forward more...

YOU HAD NOONE TO PLAY FORWARD TO!!!

Exactly, unbelievable comment. Will never be better than a decent manager because he’ll never admit when he gets it wrong, or even more worryingly, actually doesn’t know himself what to do.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Spot on. 👏

Exactly, unbelievable comment. Will never be better than a decent manager because he’ll never admit when he gets it wrong, or even more worryingly, actually doesn’t know himself what to do.

And when you can't admit your mistakes then you're doomed to never learn from them.

Funny how the same article he says we started playing more progressive in the last 20-25 minutes... Which is when he finally made the substitutions and had Kele and Riccy P doing some runs.

I wonder if there's a correlation...🤔

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

And when you can't admit your mistakes then you're doomed to never learn from them.

Funny how the same article he says we started playing more progressive in the last 20-25 minutes... Which is when he finally made the substitutions and had Kele and Riccy P doing some runs.

I wonder if there's a correlation...🤔

Theres a huge correction. He did the same away at West Ham and brought on Albrighton for a defender and pushed , too late as usual. Also Newcastle at home too little too late after strangely subbing Ndidi at 2-0 and in a blink of an eye was 4-0 and he realised too late again.

He’s too scared to lose and he is too scared to change it and mix it up if it’s before his customary 60-65 min range.

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

I know one thing for sure. Saturday 15th May 2021 will be a day that lives on forever. The game we lost to Chelsea a few days later and maybe dropped outta the top 4 (for the first time in like a year, near enough) will not. I know that when my time comes I’ll remember that Youri goal, that lift, top and all the other emotions. Missing out on top 4 would be long forgotten. Brendan has immortality amongst most fans for this. Alongside a few others. 

Yep. The occassion, the day, the celebrations of Saturday will stay with me forever. That's what it's all about

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

For those suggesting that we have done well in recent years, which we have, and that not achieving CL is not the end of the world, which it isn’t - which of a stars will you be happy to see leave now?

I ask because I am 100% certain failure to reach the CL will see one of our top players depart.  So who will you be happy to lose now?

You. And anybody that doesn't prioritise winning trophies. Weirdos. Go and start a European Super League together.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

He got it wrong last night with the team that started the game but that happens, I'm not too fussed about that. 

What I was more annoyed with was that the same team came out for the second half after we were absolutely hammered in the first. 

We somehow survived the first half and I really thought it was a small victory as he then had a chance to reevaluate and change it and he didn't. 

That being said, I'm not going to be overly critical of him. He's got it right more often than not this year and has earned the right to have the odd stinker. 

I'm disappointed that we won't finish top 4 but trying to manage my expectations and accept that 5th and a cup is still a cracking season. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
19 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm staggered by some of what's written here. I shouldn't be, but I am.

What are you staggered about this time?

😩

9 hours ago, Jimmy said:

This result was on him, we were getting overran in midfield and he never addressed it, Praet, Mendy and Hamza are all fresh having barely played and 1 should have been on at half time, Albrighton is good for about 1 game in 4 now and Ricardo was fresh on the bench.

For all his good performances, this has been an area where he has often come up short. Someone made the comment a few days ago that Rodgers effectively plays with a 14 man squad, because he trusts so few on the bench.  Ndidi and Tielemans work wonderfully well as a midfield pair but against some teams they can be bullied and stifled.  In those situations players like Perez and, at the moment anyway, Maddison don't have the strength in combat to add the support that's needed.

For me there were two obvious things that we needed to prepare for in this match. One was to recognise that Mount was the mainspring for their attacks and had to be guarded very closely.  The second was that Tuchel would have recognised the importance of Tielemas and would have set up his midfield to stifle him.  On that second point, we had to set up with a stronger midfield in order to protect Youri.

We have to hope that we beat Spurs and that Chelsea and/or Liverpool foul up because,  as many have already said, Champions League is essential to us maintaining our upwards progress.  Without it, the ability to keep the diamond players we have and to attract (and afford) our transfer targets is severely compromised. :scarf: :fc:

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

People choosing to find fault where possible. I'm afraid that certain types need to be angry. 

Haven't been through all the posts but I'm not really seeing anyone say anything other than he got the team selection wrong and made a big mistake by not changing it earlier? And that these are his big limitations.

Don't think it's up for debate that he's done a great job here and winning the FA cup is what he set out to do but that doesn't mean you couldn't be frustrated that he contributed to a defeat in a big game and that he still hasn't learned from this type of mistake. The encouraging thing is that he has definitely developed as a manager this season so hopefully next year he can continue to work on these flaws.

Maybe you're not in this camp but I think that failure to get top 4 will take the gloss of the cup win for many which makes it all the more annoying that the final wasn't the last game of the season because then nobody would care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

You. And anybody that doesn't prioritise winning trophies. Weirdos. Go and start a European Super League together.

It’s just opinions. I’m stoked we won the FA Cup. CL is the most prestigious cup competition in club football. It is important and I think we all know that. 

I hope not achieving it is not as detrimental as I fear.