Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

16 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

They wouldn’t though would they that’s half the problem there minds are made up. Sad really I’m sure its the most difficult time in his career and he will prove people wrong. He’s in the top 6 in the league and people want him gone.

This isn’t true and you know it. No one spends their evening following a thread on their manager just hoping he doesn’t get it right (to be proved right). 

That stadium was a very happy place for most of the second half when we did get it right. It’s not just results this time (though that plays a part) fans have grown frustrated with other contributing factors but while some may have given up on him, they would all love to see him get it right. 

Most minds were made up that most fans didn’t want Ranieri and were calling it a disaster appointment. No one sat there in May feeling sad they didn’t get it right. 

18 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Had 6 or more players out injured every week for 18 months ffs. We’ve just got another physio in so hopefully that will help sort the issue out. 

So it’s took him 18months to realise there’s an issue?

Thats roughly about the same time it took him to realise we had a set piece problem

And about the same time to realise Perez isn’t good enough

Only 12 more months til he realises that about Vestergaard then 🙌🏼🙌🏼

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, bfox said:

Get rid. Not watched a city game in about 3 months for first time in about 10 years due to this fella. 

Fair weather fan, we are not missing you.God knows how you would have coped during the Mclintock,Levein,Taylor,Holloway etc tenures.And if you have not watched for such a long time I trust you won’t be expressing any opinions on how we are playing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Thats roughly about the same time it took him to realise we had a set piece problem

Could finish 6th this season and you’d still not be happy. Cheer up mate 

39 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

They wouldn’t though would they that’s half the problem there minds are made up. Sad really I’m sure its the most difficult time in his career and he will prove people wrong. He’s in the top 6 in the league and people want him gone.

No we're not?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

All the facts point to a pre agreement at Manure. Players have got wind and are not happy. His family have already moved up there. Rangnick on a contract till end of season. He left Celtlc mid season yes but I believe he didn't want to do that and he got a lot of stick doing so. Maybe Manure agreed to end of season so he was happy with that. Although now it would be hilarious if they pulled that contract from him and he got sacked here. Honestly I don't think anyone here really knows what's happening. All hearsay. 

Rodgers going to Man U. Oh my days. I know they are an appallingly managed football club top to bottom, but they're not that appallingly managed! 

Gave me a chuckle though imagining if this was true. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....I thought he was back playing again!!!

Played 6 games in Champions League 2 goals and 1 assists, 9 in his League 2,goals 1 assists. Has he been injured again? 

He made a comeback at the weekend played 59 minutes and got a assist, missed 13 out of the last 15.

His CL goals were in qualifying, against FC Midtjylland and Galatasaray so it sounds better then it is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

I think my biggest issue is that I don't trust him with a rebuild. The recruitment since he has been here has gotten worse. I know we've still had successes with Justin, Fofana and Castagne but we've also had Vestergaard, Bertrand, Perez, Bennett and Ünder. I k ow under Puel we had Ghezzal and Diabaté but they were low cost punts. 

To be fair Under, Bertrand, Bennett are all low cost punts, Ghezzel was only a couple of million under Vestergaard.

I don't think Rodgers we have a massive say in recruitment this summer.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Bet you’re fun at parties 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair Under, Bertrand, Bennett are all low cost punts, Ghezzel was only a couple of million under Vestergaard.

I don't think Rodgers we have a massive say in recruitment this summer.

I've got nothing to base this on but if there is a fall-out between BR and the top brass, I'd bet that this is at the core of it. Rodgers' position probably weakened significantly by Congerton going and the hit and miss nature of our signings last summer. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

I see he’s still here and people are talking rubbish. Can’t wait for him to sort the squad out and prove 60% of fans wrong next season. 

Yeah imagine their faces when they find out BR has replaced Tielemans and Maddison with Lallana and Walcott. :ph34r::fishing:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I've got nothing to base this on but if there is a fall-out between BR and the top brass, I'd bet that this is at the core of it. Rodgers' position probably weakened significantly by Congerton going and the hit and miss nature of our signings last summer. 

Besides Bertrand and Vestergaard I'd hardly give up on players after a season and don't think it was a bad window. Daka, Soumare and Lookman all show potential to be very fine players for this club.

I don't think Congerton leaving will change much of anything. Rodgers or another manager will identify the type of player he needs with certain attributes and the scouts will give him a list. He and the club will discuss financials and the club will decide. We don't have the infrastructure in place just to let one person override it all. That would be stupid and then questions will need to be asked of the owner and those responsible for the running of the club. This is modern football management, not winging it by the seat of our pants. If Rodgers is leaving than the club will want input from that new manager asap.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Bring me Noni Madueke and De Ketelaere in the summer Brendan and you can stay, bollocks to the defence. 

Just what I needed. In tears now.

I don't like the fact he's completely changed our 'Identity'.

I'm not talking about the style of play, that's largely irrelevant. 

But he's tore apart a large part of what we were all about. He's far too egotistical and think's he's bigger than the Club, because he managed Celtic and Liverpool....

Yet fails to realise, we're his greatest success story in management, yet we've been dire for nearly 12 months, and certainly going backwards for 18+, off the field.

We went from a Club focused on steady and continued progression, to one that focuses heavily o 'Short-termism'.

He says he wants 'Hungry players', but snubbed the likes of Spence and Johnson from the Championship, two excellent young prospects to sign Big Jan and an old mate of his from Chelsea.

This talk of a 'Rebuild' is nonsense!

He needs to clear out the 'deadwood', sure, like Mendy, Amartey, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Albrighton, Ward etc.

Then replace those with players that will actually be 'Hungry' and try to break into the side.

There's no 'First teamers' we need to sell, not a chance. 

• Like 4