Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

33 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

You were making sense right up to when you mentioned Albrighton.  He is about the hungriest player we have, always gives everything.

He’s not good enough for a club with top six aspirations, but yeah, at least be brings everything he’s got until he gets exhausted in the second half.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

I don't like the fact he's completely changed our 'Identity'.

I'm not talking about the style of play, that's largely irrelevant. 

But he's tore apart a large part of what we were all about. He's far too egotistical and think's he's bigger than the Club, because he managed Celtic and Liverpool....

Yet fails to realise, we're his greatest success story in management, yet we've been dire for nearly 12 months, and certainly going backwards for 18+, off the field.

We went from a Club focused on steady and continued progression, to one that focuses heavily o 'Short-termism'.

He says he wants 'Hungry players', but snubbed the likes of Spence and Johnson from the Championship, two excellent young prospects to sign Big Jan and an old mate of his from Chelsea.

This talk of a 'Rebuild' is nonsense!

He needs to clear out the 'deadwood', sure, like Mendy, Amartey, Vestergaard, Bertrand, Albrighton, Ward etc.

Then replace those with players that will actually be 'Hungry' and try to break into the side.

There's no 'First teamers' we need to sell, not a chance. 

Were we interested in Spence and Johnson then? Johnson had only performed at Lincoln back in August 

Given that both players in completely different positions to Vestergaard and Bertrand, it’s not really a fair comparison. The latter was a very wise signing on paper with Thomas learning and Justin coming back. 

Daka, Soumare and Lookman all fit the mould of longer term prospects. Daka and Soumare in particular have a track record. Lookman more of a punt based on glimpses of what he can do. 

It’s not a stick to hit him with. Vestergaard transfer is but I’d be interested to know who the scouting team identified as an alternative. There’s not really an outstanding prospect at Championship in central defence currently (a couple who loaned from the big clubs withstanding)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

He’s not good enough for a club with top six aspirations, but yeah, at least be brings everything he’s got until he gets exhausted in the second half.

We can have aspirations to be in the top 1, but until will sign some players with the same attitude as Albrighton we aren't getting near. Alot of the current "elite" players we have will do well to look at Albrighton's application.

The best players have quality AND hunger, but I'd suggest we've had far more joy and success with the latter. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

We can have aspirations to be in the top 1, but until will sign some players with the same attitude as Albrighton we aren't getting near. Alot of the current "elite" players we have will do well to look at Albrighton's application.

The best players have quality AND hunger, but I'd suggest we've had far more joy and success with the latter. 

This is what Pearson and co executed perfectly buying the right players with hunger and quality and then building a team around them adding a few top quality additions. 

I know we are in a different bracket now but it's like we are going in the wrong direction we are now a stepping stone for alot of players so they will never have that desire that we had previously.

We should be building the team around players like Thomas, Barnes, KDH, Maddison, Justin, Choudary who have the desire to win thing and believe the club can get to the top.. but the manager don't believe that's possible so neither will the players. 

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ian S said:

Fair weather fan, we are not missing you.God knows how you would have coped during the Mclintock,Levein,Taylor,Holloway etc tenures.And if you have not watched for such a long time I trust you won’t be expressing any opinions on how we are playing.

Nonsense

14 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

Am I allowed to just want the good Rodgers back ? Players can be out of form but still be good players, I'd like to think the managers just having a bit of bad form.  But maybe that's just misguided optimism ? 

I think the comments of a summer clear out and resources probably indicate there’s been a bit of a dressing room issue. Unfortunately I can’t see anything changing….. yesterday something definitely happened, whether there’s been a bust up or a ‘sort it the **** out or you’re gone’ meeting things aren’t great. Personally I think he’s gone, one way or another Brendan won’t be here next season. 

The McLintock reign was grim, great player for City and the Ars, but no idea as a manager, had no experience as one to be fair. Bought in players that did not work, sold Frankie, we ended up bottom of the league. He lived in London, ran a pub, not great credentials for a manager.

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think the comments of a summer clear out and resources probably indicate there’s been a bit of a dressing room issue. Unfortunately I can’t see anything changing….. yesterday something definitely happened, whether there’s been a bust up or a ‘sort it the **** out or you’re gone’ meeting things aren’t great. Personally I think he’s gone, one way or another Brendan won’t be here next season. 

Yes, something's definitely not right. Is a shame though. I remember re-watching matches during lockdown and marvelling at some of the football we played, and the first season Brendan was here feeling like we would never concede from a corner. Mad how things have changed so much

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

lol 

Fvck me. 10 years. We were seriously shit under Ranieri second season, under Shakespeare, under Puel. We got dumped out of  the FA Cup by Newport County and by Millwall when we were Champions of England.

If you think this is so bad, if you think being mid table in the top flight is so bad, then I'd suggest never watching us again. 

It’s not the worst in 10 years I agree. But the football is worse now than it was under the dark days under Puel, Shakespeare & Ranieri. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Wonder if PSV regret not taking the money, they can't seem to get him fit  

I read something recently that they've gotten to the bottom of his injury issues and they're very hopeful he'll be OK now. If he could show a bit of an upturn but nothing obscene then hopefully we could get him for £20m rather than having to chuff up double.

I don't know if I've been furtled with in the night but I'm going to to stick up for Rodgers in regards to recruitment here.

His track record at previous clubs isn't great in rebuilding clubs and Lee Congerton's is even worse but with all those reservations we've had since they've been here, our transfers in haven't been a massive disaster and I do think the club will use the failures with Perez, Vestergaard and Bertrand as opposition to anything outside the tried and tested club model. 

Congerton is off, so if Rodgers does stay and we don't royally piss him off because we've told him transfers are no longer anything to do with him then I'm more confident that won't he as disastrous as maybe I've flagged recently. I'm less confident in him turning around the on the field issues of players fitness and team defending but who knows. No doubt he'll claim that now we don't have European football next season (pending a miracle) that our injury problems will ease. 🙄

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No it's not. 

We went about 6 games without even scoring under Ranieri.

We were completely shit under Shakespeare and he would have taken us down. Do I need to mention losing 1-6 to Spurs at home.

As always, people completely forget. 

Defensively we are worse than anything I've seen in the Premier League since our return but going forward we still do enough for it to be not as bad as the Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel final stages but that doesn't mean it's not bad enough to consider a change yet.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Defensively we are worse than anything I've seen in the Premier League since our return but going forward we still do enough for it to be not as bad as the Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel final stages but that doesn't mean it's not bad enough to consider a change yet.

Oh agree defensively we're a mess. The amount of goals we've conceded is criminal. 

But thankfully we are still scoring goals, creating chances. I'd be more worried if we weren't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

No it's not. 

We went about 6 games without even scoring under Ranieri.

We were completely shit under Shakespeare and he would have taken us down. Do I need to mention losing 1-6 to Spurs at home.

We got dumped out of a Europa league group containing a side battling relegation in Poland (who we lost to) & a mid table Russian side.

We just had a first East Midlands derby for 6 years as cup holders and went 3-0 down within 30 minutes. The team is cringeworthy. 

How bad does it have to get for you to ignore who’s in charge and start wanting better for Leicester? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Oh agree defensively we're a mess. The amount of goals we've conceded is criminal. 

But thankfully we are still scoring goals, creating chances. I'd be more worried if we weren't.

It's the only element of watching the players actions and demeanour that doesn't totally convince me they've stopped playing for him. Which is what makes the defensive issues even more galling, I do think they still sort of believe in him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

Crazy talk!

It's so not.

Our points based on xG (how many chances we’re creating, how many chances we’re conceding) right now is 24.6 after 22 games (Brendan In).

Our points based on xG after the same time period in the season Ranieri got sacked - 27. 

Our points based on xG in the first 22 games of Puel’s final season: 31.5

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

It’s not the worst in 10 years I agree. But the football is worse now than it was under the dark days under Puel, Shakespeare & Ranieri. 

No chance. At the end of Ranieri we went 5(?) league games without scoring a goal and didn't even look like scoring. Considering that we were champions of England and we watching everything fall apart to a point where we would have gone down, it was the most depressing period following the city since 2008 for me. 

Edited by BenTheFox

4 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

We got dumped out of a Europa league group containing a side battling relegation in Poland (who we lost to) & a mid table Russian side.

We just had a first East Midlands derby for 6 years as cup holders and went 3-0 down within 30 minutes. The team is cringeworthy. 

How bad does it have to get for you to ignore who’s in charge and start wanting better for Leicester? 

Puel got dumped out of the FA Cup by a league two side.

Ranieri got dumped out of the FA Cup by a side that wasn't even top 10 in league one..... when we were Champions of England.

The Forest game was a complete embarrassment. I agree. But the other two games I mention were worse.

I always want a better Leicester side, naturally, but I don't agree with sacking managers every time something goes wrong. Rodgers has had us at the right end of the table, and winning competing for domestic trophies, for the past two seasons. That's consistency which is the hardest thing to achieve in football. All with playing some of the best football I've ever watched at the club. Defensively we have a problem, of course, and I agree it's also an embarrassment how many goals we've conceded but Rodgers hasn't been able to pick a settled back four all season. A settled back four is such a key part of a good team and we haven't got that this season.

If we're in the same position in a year's time I'll change my mind but one poor season out of three isn't a reason to sack a manager, for me. I'll respect your opinion if you think it is, but to suggest this season is worse than Shakespeare/Puel is completely wrong. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's the only element of watching the players actions and demeanour that doesn't totally convince me they've stopped playing for him. Which is what makes the defensive issues even more galling, I do think they still sort of believe in him.

I think it's more professional pride than fighting for Rodgers tbh. Even on here there was a noted rise in vitriol to the players after Rodgers called them out to deflect the blame. I imagine that was replicated on instagram, twitter etc...

Imagine how they felt after putting in a performance like that against West Ham and then Rodgers once again changes shape despite us looking comfortable and we throw away another result.

I bet that training ground is toxic as anything atm.

• Like 3