Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Puel got dumped out of the FA Cup by a league two side.

Ranieri got dumped out of the FA Cup by a side that wasn't even top 10 in league one..... when we were Champions of England.

The Forest game was a complete embarrassment. I agree. But the other two games I mention were worse.

I always want a better Leicester side, naturally, but I don't agree with sacking managers every time something goes wrong. Rodgers has had us at the right end of the table, and winning competing for domestic trophies, for the past two seasons. That's consistency which is the hardest thing to achieve in football. All with playing some of the best football I've ever watched at the club. Defensively we have a problem, of course, and I agree it's also an embarrassment how many goals we've conceded but Rodgers hasn't been able to pick a settled back four all season. A settled back four is such a key part of a good team and we haven't got that this season.

If we're in the same position in a year's time I'll change my mind but one poor season out of three isn't a reason to sack a manager, for me. I'll respect your opinion if you think it is, but to suggest this season is worse than Shakespeare/Puel is completely wrong. 

I'd argue getting battered 4-1 to our rivals whom are a league lower than us is every bit as bad as losing to a League One or League Two side as in both of those they were horrid games where we lost by a goal. To lose 4-1 and it honestly could have been 6 or 7 is borderline unforgivable, it will be the result that's concerned the board the most in recent months/weeks IMO.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

lol 

Fvck me. 10 years. We were seriously shit under Ranieri second season, under Shakespeare, under Puel. We got dumped out of  the FA Cup by Newport County and by Millwall when we were Champions of England.

If you think this is so bad, if you think being mid table in the top flight is so bad, then I'd suggest never watching us again. 

We did lose to Forest only 9 days ago remember? Bottom of the league 5 months ago they were. 

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I think it's more professional pride than fighting for Rodgers tbh. Even on here there was a noted rise in vitriol to the players after Rodgers called them out to deflect the blame. I imagine that was replicated on instagram, twitter etc...

Imagine how they felt after putting in a performance like that against West Ham and then Rodgers once again changes shape despite us looking comfortable and we throw away another result.

I bet that training ground is toxic as anything atm.

You may well be right.

Something seems very off with Ndidi and Seniorman at the minute, two of the most jovial and intense characters we have. Can't be overly happy with what he's done with them can they?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

We did lose to Forest only 9 days ago remember? Bottom of the league 5 months ago they were. 

They aren't now though. They're a half decent side.

Of course we should have got a result and it was a complete embarrassment, I'm not doubting that. They could have had 6 on the day. Plus it hurts given who it is but losing to a league one side, who weren't even top 10 at that given time, when we were Champions of England was a much worse result. 

Edited by Fox92

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Of course we should have got a result and it was a complete embarrassment, I'm not doubting that. They could have had 6 on the day. Plus it hurts given who it is but losing to a league one side, who weren't even top 10 at that given time, when we were Champions of England was a much worse result. 

I honestly don't think it is. Losing by 1 goal to lower league clubs happens way more frequently to the biggest clubs than it does getting hit for 4 to a Championship club thst honestly should have been nearly double that.

I can't think of many occasions that's happened in recent years? Mourinho's Chelsea got done big time by Bradford once by a load. Maybe I'm wrong maybe it's not that bad but I can't forget it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You may well be right.

Something seems very off with Ndidi and Seniorman at the minute, two of the most jovial and intense characters we have. Can't be overly happy with what he's done with them can they?

There's nothing about him that strikes me being able to rally a group of blokes. I found his interview with sky last week really weird, on two occasions he said something very close to "i've helped improve the conditions of players lives since I've been here" 

Genuinely he driving motivator appears to be money and the lifestyle. He also makes it sound like the players should be forever indebted to him for them earning new contracts on better terms.

If I had a manager like that I'd absolutely hate working for him. I'd have my professional pride and do my job as well as i can, but I'd be counting down the days till the top brass decide to get rid of him.

• Like 3

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I honestly don't think it is. Losing by 1 goal to lower league clubs happens way more frequently to the biggest clubs than it does getting hit for 4 to a Championship club thst honestly should have been nearly double that.

I can't think of many occasions that's happened in recent years? Mourinho's Chelsea got done big time by Bradford once by a load. Maybe I'm wrong maybe it's not that bad but I can't forget it.

It's the fact it could easily have been 5 or 6 at half time. We then somehow get gifted a goal and everybody watching is expecting us to go at them hard in the 2nd half. What does he do? He changes personnel and shape to match up Forest's formation in what I can only assume was an attempt to try and keep the goals conceded down to 3.

Horrific and really should have seen him hounded out by fans.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In that sense you're right, especially with them being rivals, but I was quoting the part where he said Forest were bottom of the league 5 months ago. So I was just talking about clubs positions at the given time.

In terms of other results, I remember that Chelsea one you're referring too. Also Crawley beat Leeds 3-0 last year as well.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

For me the West Ham game was a huge opportunity for Rodgers due to our recent form against them. For that same reason it was also a threat. Before Sunday's game our last 3 meetings, bar a short Iheanacho inspired resurgence last season, had seen West Ham run riot, dominate our midfield, and bully us at the back. That didn't happen this time, and in that regard Sunday was somewhat successful as we had the better of the all round play, but our defensive frailties this season are bordering on criminal. We concede from a long punt forward, and another corner after we've made a sub to deal solely and specifically with aerial balls.

That's 7 points dropped in 3 home games from winning positions with 80+minutes played. In the same 3 games we scored 5 which should yield a higher points return but we are limping along conceding two per game. Flip flopping between a back 4 and back 5, injuries, some poor individual form and shocking summer defensive recruitment has rendered us utterly ****ed. I think Rodgers should get the season to attempt to fix it and we should review the managerial post in the summer. He's got us into 5th twice and won silverware so we have to believe he can improve things. For me, there's nothing more I'd like to see than an ugly 1-0 win where we grind out 3 points and a clean sheet with a resolute defensive showing. If we could do that at Molineux against a strong Wolves side that would be a real shot in the arm.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Forest hadn’t made many new signings from when they were bottom to when we played them.

Its amazing what a new manager can do with the same squad 👀 

27 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

We got dumped out of a Europa league group containing a side battling relegation in Poland (who we lost to) & a mid table Russian side.

We just had a first East Midlands derby for 6 years as cup holders and went 3-0 down within 30 minutes. The team is cringeworthy. 

How bad does it have to get for you to ignore who’s in charge and start wanting better for Leicester? 

You've either got an incredibly bad memory or haven't supported us very long. 

• Haha 1

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Forest hadn’t made many new signings from when they were bottom to when we played them.

haha it's true, Cooper has done a good job.

However, he did bring in Davies on loan who we made look like Drogba all game. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bfox said:

Nonsense

Please explain, 5 months after one of the greatest days in our history you bin the team and stop supporting them saying you have not watched us for 3 months. I think fair weather fan is a pretty fair description.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's the only element of watching the players actions and demeanour that doesn't totally convince me they've stopped playing for him. Which is what makes the defensive issues even more galling, I do think they still sort of believe in him.

I wonder whether they do have faith in him still.

I try to imagine how players must feel and react to what's happening on the field.  Just taking Sunday as an example, we were poor first half but in 2nd half took control of the game and looked comfortable in a way we haven't seen for a few games.  We were aggressive, showed good intent in challenging for the ball, and for the first time in a while against W Ham we were looking strong.  The players put in a lot of effort to get into that position and W Ham didn't look at all likely to score.  Then, right at the death, Rodgers makes a totally unnecessary, unwise sub and suddenly it all falls apart.  All that effort by the players to secure a win comes to nought.

So what must a player feel in such circumstances.  Surely he sees the manager's decision as poor, undoing all their good work at a stroke.  Imagine your own reaction to such an outcome?  Wouldn't you question your manager's judgement?  And then consider that this has happened several times before and keeps happening.  Heads must go down.

That makes me doubt that he could possibly have the confidence of the players still.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Without wishing to excuse the horror show the other weekend, Cooper did sign 5 players in January and ship out a similar number on permanents and loans. 3 of the new signings played against us. Regardless we shouldn't have crumpled and as a club we are capable of far, far better. 

13 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Grow up. One cup loss does not deserve hounding out. I suppose the same 'fans' that should have done this were the ones smashing pubs, running in the pitch or just generally acting like childish cvnts.

lol I was thinking more expecting to see a larger percentage seeing it as a final straw and making their feelings known on radio shows/social media.

But chasing him through the streets of Leicester with pitch fork and torches also sounds decent

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Nope, not a selective memory. I'd say over 50% of a season is a fair point of comparison (Which I do in my previous post). 

Not a chance is this worse than Puel or Ranieri 2nd season.As said it’s not great but the 2nd half on Sunday gave me hope .

• Like 3