Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Ian S said:

Not a chance is this worse than Puel or Ranieri 2nd season.As said it’s not great but the 2nd half on Sunday gave me hope .

Ok, and that's your opinion. My opinion is that it's worse, which is supported by xG (Which of course has its flaws too).

Majority of fans can at least agree its unacceptable at the moment. A few just refuse to put blame on the door of the bloke who coaches & picks the team. 

56 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Puel got dumped out of the FA Cup by a league two side.

Ranieri got dumped out of the FA Cup by a side that wasn't even top 10 in league one..... when we were Champions of England.

The Forest game was a complete embarrassment. I agree. But the other two games I mention were worse.

I always want a better Leicester side, naturally, but I don't agree with sacking managers every time something goes wrong. Rodgers has had us at the right end of the table, and winning competing for domestic trophies, for the past two seasons. That's consistency which is the hardest thing to achieve in football. All with playing some of the best football I've ever watched at the club. Defensively we have a problem, of course, and I agree it's also an embarrassment how many goals we've conceded but Rodgers hasn't been able to pick a settled back four all season. A settled back four is such a key part of a good team and we haven't got that this season.

If we're in the same position in a year's time I'll change my mind but one poor season out of three isn't a reason to sack a manager, for me. I'll respect your opinion if you think it is, but to suggest this season is worse than Shakespeare/Puel is completely wrong. 

The other big difference in the FA Cup losses is the Starting XI's.

Newport was a jumbled up team with some poor players in and we lost through some stupid mistakes (almost rescued a replay if it wasn't for that penalty).

Millwall was an equally awful team selection and again it was fine margins with a 90th minute winner for them.

Forest we played almost as strong as we can get (a team that has been challenging for CL football) but we got battered where the scoreline was reflective of the game.

I would say the Millwall one was the most frustrating as it was for a QF place and we simply had to win. Team selection cost us. Forest was frustrating for many reasons, not team selection but how the team could be so bad.

• Like 4

For me this better or worse than past managers is irrelevant. None of which changes the position we are in now. Rogers is slowly digging us into a position that older fans know to well. Mediocrity leading to inevitable pre champions levels. Was there a fan or player on Sunday who did not think what the hell are you doing changing things   with literally minutes to go and putting in my opinion the worse signing this club has ever made ?  the goal was inevitable.

That for me showed what a complete fraud he is. He learns nothing and takes responsibility for nothing. Happy to throw players under the bus but never once saying , ok hands up I got that wrong. I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better unless Top does what I'm sure if his dad had still been alive sacks him. Make no mistake Rogers has no loyalty to any side he manages if he thinks he can step up to a bigger club.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Ok, and that's your opinion. My opinion is that it's worse, which is supported by xG (Which of course has its flaws too).

Majority of fans can at least agree its unacceptable at the moment. A few just refuse to put blame on the door of the bloke who coaches & picks the team. 

I think that rodgers has embraced the poor defence issue by being more attacking (yes - it’s true).  The Xg stats - you brought them up - back this up with both Xg and XgA being relatively high.   (Take out games like lpool away where we didn’t follow that mantra )

so to slag us off for conceding lots of goals is missing the picture a little - the easily avoidable added time goals conceded on Saturday and against spurs are abominations.  They simply shouldn’t be happening.  As col pointed out yesterday, our game management in the last ten minutes of games is naive at best. (And the coach is part of that ). 

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

Our points based on xG (how many chances we’re creating, how many chances we’re conceding) right now is 24.6 after 22 games (Brendan In).

Our points based on xG after the same time period in the season Ranieri got sacked - 27. 

Our points based on xG in the first 22 games of Puel’s final season: 31.5

You were talking about the football - the style not xG and of course our xG will be comparably rubbish with the injuries and performances but we are still trying to play football with what we have and that standard of football shouldn't be compared to the football under Puel, ever.

• Like 1

I've said it tonnes of times before, but take out Youri and give Rodgers Ndidi and Mendy and let's see how much sexy attacking football gets played. 

We looked a much better side when Youri came in, still don't know how we lost that game against Spurs not long before Puel was sacked. Not really advocating for Puel as I think tactically he's far too defensive for my liking. However, it certainly helps a manager when they have a midfielder that 1) has any actual ability to play a forward pass and 2) realises they're allowed to try and play a forward pass.

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Bearing in mind this is SpursTV's highlights as well lol I forgot how poor Harveys finishing was for that period before he got his first goal.

https://www.facebook.com/TottenhamHotspur/videos/654451735132377/

Shit. I nearly forgot all that. 

Vardy on the bench.

Gray upfront. 

AND....Wilfred Ndidi ONLY starts because Mendy is injured. 

Puel was crazy...!

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Any updates you would like to share ?

Why attack someone whose sharing information they've been fed? What purpose does it serve? Info wasn't right, they are sharing what they hear... take it with a pinch of salt and you'll be happier.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I've said it tonnes of times before, but take out Youri and give Rodgers Ndidi and Mendy and let's see how much sexy attacking football gets played. 

We looked a much better side when Youri came in, still don't know how we lost that game against Spurs not long before Puel was sacked. Not really advocating for Puel as I think tactically he's far too defensive for my liking. However, it certainly helps a manager when they have a midfielder that 1) has any actual ability to play a forward pass and 2) realises they're allowed to try and play a forward pass.

We lost both league games YT played under Puel, scoring 2 and conceding 7

Edited by coolhandfox

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Bearing in mind this is SpursTV's highlights as well lol I forgot how poor Harveys finishing was for that period before he got his first goal.

https://www.facebook.com/TottenhamHotspur/videos/654451735132377/

He's obviously a lot better now but he still has the same trait which is when he's given time to doubt himself, it normally goes wrong. Instinctively I think hes a decent finisher. 

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Please explain, 5 months after one of the greatest days in our history you bin the team and stop supporting them saying you have not watched us for 3 months. I think fair weather fan is a pretty fair description.

Yeah garbage. I've followed city for 20 odd years, and persisted through every rough patch we had. So yeah, nonsense. 

2 hours ago, Ian S said:

Please explain, 5 months after one of the greatest days in our history you bin the team and stop supporting them saying you have not watched us for 3 months. I think fair weather fan is a pretty fair description.

Who said I've binned us off and stopped supporting? Bolstering your argument with more nonsense. Here's to you, Leicester City's Number #1 Fan - Ian S!

5 minutes ago, bfox said:

Yeah garbage. I've followed city for 20 odd years, and persisted through every rough patch we had. So yeah, nonsense. 

Thanks understand now, you supported the team through the Holloway disaster but have decided to withdraw your support 5 months after the FA Cup win, makes perfect sense.

• Haha 1