Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Ian S said:

Thanks understand now, you supported the team through the Holloway disaster but have decided to withdraw your support 5 months after the FA Cup win, makes perfect sense.

Where can I find this document?

1 minute ago, bfox said:

Where can I find this document?

I quote , ‘not watched a city game for 3 months because of this fella (Rodgers).

I will leave it now as we clearly have differing views on how you support your team.

Just now, Ian S said:

I quote , ‘not watched a city game for 3 months because of this fella (Rodgers).

I will leave it now as we clearly have differing views on how you support your team.

I think you are correct with that. I'm not trying to be difficult by the way. I would also add I've probably reached a particular point in my life where I'm quite able to distance myself from things which stress me out (politics being another). I would probably agree with a description of 'reduced support' these days. But I'm still here.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I've said it tonnes of times before, but take out Youri and give Rodgers Ndidi and Mendy and let's see how much sexy attacking football gets played. 

We looked a much better side when Youri came in, still don't know how we lost that game against Spurs not long before Puel was sacked. Not really advocating for Puel as I think tactically he's far too defensive for my liking. However, it certainly helps a manager when they have a midfielder that 1) has any actual ability to play a forward pass and 2) realises they're allowed to try and play a forward pass.

For all Rodgers faults, he always gets his teams scoring goals. I know what you're saying about Puel only having 2 games of Tielemans but Puel has never and will never be a manager who's teams play attacking football and score a lot of goals. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It most definitely is. It’s absolutely dire. 45mins on Sunday must’ve tainted peoples memories. 

Not a chance. 

The performances under Puel were fvcking horrid. 

I get people don't like Rodgers and will want him out, fair play. But casting him as bad as being relegation threatened under Ranieri and even more miserably under Puel is unfair. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not a chance. 

I get people don't like Rodgers and will want him out, fair play. But casting him as bad as being relegation threatened under Ranieri and even more miserably under Puel is unfair. 

Stan, it his inability to take responsibility that has turned me off him.  Wouldn't matter what hed done... I cant think this is a leader.  Twill ending tears

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not a chance. 

There’s two ways to view it isn’t there really, which come down to the individual 

To me, the quality of football is as bad or as worse as Puel’s. That’s my honest opinion.

But if Rodgers’ win rate is higher than Puel’s it’s difficult to argue that being wrong. 

I’d rather see us play entertaining football (which we did do for possibly two years (at a push) under Rodgers) rather than be bored to tears.

There’s the present- the current win rate.

Then there’s opinion on how we’ll think we fare under Rodgers in the future.

People laughed at my predictions 6 months ago, about our decline which may have seemed extreme or unlikely, but all of them have come true. And I honestly worry for the future under Rodgers. No, I can’t really stand the bloke, but I don’t think that clouds my judgement for my reasons on wanting him out.

We are not immune to getting any worse because we decide to hang on to a bloke who won us the FA Cup

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

rolled over as usual. 

Of course it makes sense, on paper. If the defender is a decent player, if we can usually defend set pieces and if our defence is usually strong, then yeah.

Sadly none of these are true, it was utter madness, 50% of people around me were saying what on earth are you doing and questioning the sub as it was happening, it says a lot.

I don't take any notice of the crap these newspapers write anymore, they talk utter nonsense and are more worried about losing their place in the press conference room than they are about reporting accurate or true things.

They'll be telling me the subs and tactic changes at Liverpool away 3-1 up was the right call as well next...

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

I am going tonsit down and shut up until Rodgers' win rate (48.3%) is lower than Ranieri (44%), and Pearson (46%, but included League 1 and champ)

For reference Twat Taylor was 35%, Puel was 34%

I don't think you'll have to wait long sadly.

Our next 5 PL games aren't easy, but we should be looking at 7-9 points from them, anything less than 6 is going to be a disaster.

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For all Rodgers faults, he always gets his teams scoring goals. I know what you're saying about Puel only having 2 games of Tielemans but Puel has never and will never be a manager who's teams play attacking football and score a lot of goals. 

100% agree, he was very much a safety first manager. I doubt he'd have got anything like the levels Rodgers got out of them in his first year. I know the footie was dire under Puel for the most part, but he did an excellent job of overseeing the rebuild and filling the squad with young talent capable of playing at that level. 

Puel's track record speaks for itself, I can't say that over the past 12-14 months that the football is vastly different to that which Puel was playing though. Especially all those times we played a back 3 (aside from Man Utd who for some reason we seem capable of ripping apart no matter what state we're in haha)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Of course it makes sense, on paper. If the defender is a decent player, if we can usually defend set pieces and if our defence is usually strong, then yeah.

Sadly none of these are true, it was utter madness, 50% of people around me were saying what on earth are you doing and questioning the sub as it was happening, it says a lot.

I don't take any notice of the crap these newspapers write anymore, they talk utter nonsense and are more worried about losing their place in the press conference room than they are about reporting accurate or true things.

They'll be telling me the subs and tactic changes at Liverpool away 3-1 up was the right call as well next...

It worked when Rodgers first came here when we have a decent in form defence. Maybe he's not yet realised our defence has become league 1 standard this season

3 minutes ago, turlo said:

It worked when Rodgers first came here when we have a decent in form defence. Maybe he's not yet realised our defence has become league 1 standard this season

I think he knows, everyone in the observable universe knows, there is just nothing he can do about it.

Now, if this is a problem he has created, is another question!!

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think he knows, everyone in the observable universe knows, there is just nothing he can do about it.

Now, if this is a problem he has created, is another question!!

He could stop reverting to that tactic of trying to defend out games by inviting more pressure onto a faulty back line. I want Rodgers to turn things around but he's not helping himself

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turlo said:

He could stop reverting to that tactic of trying to defend out games by inviting more pressure onto a faulty back line. I want Rodgers to turn things around but he's not helping himself

He does get let off regarding his subs tbh, and as much as I can accept that going defensive with 5 minutes left normally, it always feels risky with the available options.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, turlo said:

I'd love him to turn it round but hes to stubborn. Liverpool and Celtic fans all say the same. Let's be honest though his play out from the back is so boring. When did we last hit someone on the counter?

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

In some people's mind I feel like BR's current position is wrongly clouding their judgement on his past achievements with us.

In some people’s mind I feel BR’s achievements are clouding their judgement on how shit we’ve been for the best part of a year. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

We got dumped out of a Europa league group containing a side battling relegation in Poland (who we lost to) & a mid table Russian side.

We just had a first East Midlands derby for 6 years as cup holders and went 3-0 down within 30 minutes. The team is cringeworthy. 

How bad does it have to get for you to ignore who’s in charge and start wanting better for Leicester? 

He cant see past the league position and recent cup victory, the rest doesnt matter to him.  I respect his opinion, its just how certain fans think. 

The problem for me is I just dont see Rodgers recovering to anything near his previous level, he might never get to the point he will take us down, but I dont think our ambition is to scrape bottom half (current form) with half our squad routinely injured.  I think he is busted, not the same manager we employed, initially it was what damage would do to other teams, he wanted us to be ruthless, now its about not conceding, and that has rubbed of onto the players.

Most managers will eventually hit an expiry date with a club though, so this is nothing personal against Rodgers, I just think his time is done here.  Never get attached to a manager because then you end up with clouded judgement.

• Like 3

One thing I would say to the people wanting Rodgers out is what that would mean for the players too. I think that would signal the end for a number of players including Kasper, Maddison, Soyuncu etc. 

I don't think a mass exodus does us any good. I'd rather see us keep Rodgers with a point to prove. 

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Puel got dumped out of the FA Cup by a league two side.

Ranieri got dumped out of the FA Cup by a side that wasn't even top 10 in league one..... when we were Champions of England.

The Forest game was a complete embarrassment. I agree. But the other two games I mention were worse.

I always want a better Leicester side, naturally, but I don't agree with sacking managers every time something goes wrong. Rodgers has had us at the right end of the table, and winning competing for domestic trophies, for the past two seasons. That's consistency which is the hardest thing to achieve in football. All with playing some of the best football I've ever watched at the club. Defensively we have a problem, of course, and I agree it's also an embarrassment how many goals we've conceded but Rodgers hasn't been able to pick a settled back four all season. A settled back four is such a key part of a good team and we haven't got that this season.

If we're in the same position in a year's time I'll change my mind but one poor season out of three isn't a reason to sack a manager, for me. I'll respect your opinion if you think it is, but to suggest this season is worse than Shakespeare/Puel is completely wrong. 

We had at least two bad runs in those two seasons, one lasting half a season, so its been far from consistent, and he voluntarily shaken up the back line during games, injuries was not the reasons for him changing defensive personel, the reason was brendan rodgers wanting to change the defensive shape of the team because he felt it was tactically right.  Who got injured forcing the 90th minute change of defensive personel vs west ham as you said he is been forced bu injuries?

If we were sacking managers every time they hit a bad patch Rodgers would have been fired in spring 2021.  When managers under perform, they get fired, its part of the game.  They get fired as its cheaper than replacing a squad.

Now you are prepared to give him an entire extra year from this date, that is incredibly generous, so you are open to tolerating two years of bad form before a manager is relieved of duties, in todays game thats extremely generous. (we have already had a year).

Edited by Chrysalis

I worry about the damage he can do the longer he stays. He's at a point of blaming everything under the sun except himself. He's getting to a mouriniho level where he's going to hammer an individual to take the eyes off of him soon. Just watch someone like Luke Thomas get an absolute hammering out of nowhere 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

One thing I would say to the people wanting Rodgers out is what that would mean for the players too. I think that would signal the end for a number of players including Kasper, Maddison, Soyuncu etc. 

I don't think a mass exodus does us any good. I'd rather see us keep Rodgers with a point to prove. 

All depends on who comes in. It actually could work in our favour if we get someone in that the players warm to. Bottom line is that anyone that we want to keep, will want to be playing in europe, which is looking extremely unlikely right now.