Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I also don’t understand his arrogance. 

The Watford/Norwich game last season was brought up a few months ago in here. 

Being 3-0 up at home at HT, running out 3-0 winners, Rodgers claimed afterwards he was furious at HT as we hadn’t controlled the game, (despite scoring 3 and conceding 0). Yet was happy with the second half because we controlled it. It finished 0-0. What the bloody hell is that all about? 

It reminds me of Chris Tarrant on Millionaire

’Attractive fast paced and free scoring football? We don’t wanna give you that!’ 

His arrogance that day didn’t come back to haunt him, but it most certainly is now. ‘Controlling games’ my arse.

Imagine all the points we might’ve picked up this season had our players not been terrified of a rollicking for scoring goals. We might’ve even beat Legia away too 

More like Compost Corner

I don’t like to talk about it. 

He went from being really energetic to just very stale my mum said. 

My nana said they should give him time but Mum and my Missus know she’s absolutely crackers and is going senile so they booted him out instead. 

Did Zouma assist?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Wolves are 7th, not bad really. They have scored a massive 21 goals just 40 less than Man.City. How the f**k are they 7th then ,10 points better off than us? 17 goals conceded , 24 less than us. What do we want ? Success or entertainment. There is a real dilemma here because I don't see how we can have both. As I have said we need a string of 1-0 victories. The Liverpool home match was how we need to do it. 

We are not good enough to not concede that's the problem. 

I also don’t understand his arrogance. 

The Watford/Norwich game last season was brought up a few months ago in here. 

Being 3-0 up at home at HT, running out 3-0 winners, Rodgers claimed afterwards he was furious at HT as we hadn’t controlled the game, (despite scoring 3 and conceding 0). Yet was happy with the second half because we controlled it. It finished 0-0. What the bloody hell is that all about? 

It reminds me of Chris Tarrant on Millionaire

’Attractive fast paced and free scoring football? We don’t wanna give you that!’ 

His arrogance that day didn’t come back to haunt him, but it most certainly is now. ‘Controlling games’ my arse.

Imagine all the points we might’ve picked up this season had our players not been terrified of a rollicking for scoring goals. We might’ve even beat Legia away too 

Disclaimer I am not comparing Rodgers to Lord Pep of Abu Dhabi, but if Pep had said that he would be lauded for his striving and relentless chasing of performances.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Funny you should mention Brighton, up until this season they had never beaten us and still have only beaten us once. Last season alone our two league games saw an in game shift from Rodgers that meant we won them both. We opted for a back 3 in the home game and were garbage for the 1st 15-20 mins and he flicked it to a back 4 (can't remember if we made a sub) and by half time we were 3-0 up.

Likewise in the away game, we were dog mess 1st half and then 2nd half he made some changes to the system and we won. 

Yeah I should’ve been clearer, you’re talking changes to formations, my big gripe is the tippy tappy football, we rarely go back to front quickly now. It’s about mixing it up. I’m sure you’ll come back with another example of when we’ve done that 😂 but one swallow doesn’t make a summer. We are stale and predictable 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

We are not good enough to not concede that's the problem. 

You always need a bit of luck when defending but we can and have done it not only against Liverpool but Chelsea and Man. City as well. We defend pretty well when we are denied possession. Wolves do not try to control a match , they frustrate, block and crowd the opposition and then try and take one of their few opportunities. It may not be pretty but its a game plan that keeps their supporters happy.

30 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Yeah I should’ve been clearer, you’re talking changes to formations, my big gripe is the tippy tappy football, we rarely go back to front quickly now. It’s about mixing it up. I’m sure you’ll come back with another example of when we’ve done that 😂 but one swallow doesn’t make a summer. We are stale and predictable 

No, that we can agree on. There's no major variation to the style of play just the systems and how that evolves on the pitch. 

I do get frustrated at times when possession football doesn't work and the yearn for a natural penchant for direct and fast football but I can't think of many managers who mix it up. Those who play counter attacking and direct football usually haven't the guile or inclination to implement possession football which at times you do need, just as there are times when we need to be more aggressive and concentrate less on the ball but more on exploiting the space.

I wish we had a blend but my issues with Rodgers lie solely with this year long slump and his seemingly inability to stop it, to keep players fit, to overthink things and to sort out the bloody set pieces and collective defensive issues. 

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

'I love the people at the club, I love working with the players here and that's all I will continue to do. I will do that with a smile until someone tells me differently.

And if they do, I will have done my very best with the resources that I have and then I'll move on. But until then I have a big energy for the team, for the club and for my contract.'

As a wise ancient Tibetan monks once said:

Chat shit, get banged 

Edited by fox_favourite

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers has fueled speculation he could take charge at Manchester United by buying a house in the north-west.

The former Liverpool manager is in the running to be appointed United’s new manager, with Rodgers on the club’s shortlist to replace interim manager Ralf Rangnick.

Rodgers had been living in Merseyside and commuting to Leicester’s training base every day but the Sun say he’s now bought a property in Wimslow, where numerous United and City players reside.

Pokemon Detective Pikachu Magnifying Glass GIF - Pokemon Detective Pikachu  Pikachu Pokemon - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers has fueled speculation he could take charge at Manchester United by buying a house in the north-west.

The former Liverpool manager is in the running to be appointed United’s new manager, with Rodgers on the club’s shortlist to replace interim manager Ralf Rangnick.

Rodgers had been living in Merseyside and commuting to Leicester’s training base every day but the Sun say he’s now bought a property in Wimslow, where numerous United and City players reside.

Pokemon Detective Pikachu Magnifying Glass GIF - Pokemon Detective Pikachu  Pikachu Pokemon - Discover & Share GIFs

....old news...!!!

20 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Utter clap trap !!

31 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

It’s obvious why he’s moved there as it means he can share a car into work with kasper who can let him know what going to happen over the next week …..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

The fact they reckoned he was still commuting tells you all you need to know about that story 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Tittle tattle, gossip.

Everyone knows Brendan's brought a house in Oadby next door to Lee Chapman.

Omg... has Chapman signed.... its been so long since this rumour started....

hope he eligible for europa Conference 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No, that we can agree on. There's no major variation to the style of play just the systems and how that evolves on the pitch. 

I do get frustrated at times when possession football doesn't work and the yearn for a natural penchant for direct and fast football but I can't think of many managers who mix it up. Those who play counter attacking and direct football usually haven't the guile or inclination to implement possession football which at times you do need, just as there are times when we need to be more aggressive and concentrate less on the ball but more on exploiting the space.

I wish we had a blend but my issues with Rodgers lie solely with this year long slump and his seemingly inability to stop it, to keep players fit, to overthink things and to sort out the bloody set pieces and collective defensive issues. 

Agreed