Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Rodgers up to his fourth new house in the North West now.

Has he gone for an exciting property in an up and coming location with potential for a high return?

Or an aging house, albeit with lots of character ànd in an established area, but unlikely to generate a profit when selling on? 🤔

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

People are probably fed up with me saying this but again, massive parallels to his end at Celtic and falling out with Lawell over transfers.

He did have a bit of a case in point at Celtic as it was our own fault that we missed out on McGinn and Schar when both players wanted to sign and were massive value at £7m combined. That said, I can also understand Lawell's position in this sense also. Rodgers, despite having the biggest wage bill in our history insisted that it would take a lot more money for us to be a consistent and possibly last 16 CL team. Fine, he was probably right, but the legitimate issue Lawell probably had was that he'd given him and Congerton significant transfer funds and they'd wasted it on a bunch of guys who couldn't threaten the first team so he was within his rights to try and bring transfers back under his control. The problem at Celtic was that Lawell was the de facto director of football/head of recruitment which was in itself a problem and we should have someone with the proper credentials in this role sitting between him and Rodgers. Congerton I guess you could say was meant to be that guy but he was an absolute charlatan. One example of how useful Congeton was that he was apparently annoyed we couldn't match Brighton's offer for Neil Maupay, talk about not understanding the constraints of your role and not being able to identify players within your budget.

It seems like a pretty identical situation with Rudkin now, although in this case I don't think Rodgers has a leg to stand on as because from the outside it looks Rudkin is actually competent at his job and the club have got Rodgers the players he wants. He himself was quite public on this as recently as the summer so it's a bit rich now saying he doesn't have enough imo.

Imagine writing this on Foxestalk a few years ago! lol

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Those who play counter attacking and direct football usually haven't the guile or inclination to implement possession football which at times you do need,

.  .we are supposed to be a side that attempts to play possession football, the constant passing the ball between defenders tells me that!!!

Why do we then resort to bringing an big man off the bench in order to combat a big man going upfront for the opposition, when we have spent so long learning how to control and keep possession of the ball.

It seems as if as soon as there us a danger, our thinking an philosophy goes right out the window. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Sounds like he's getting a little above himself. Fine when your winning.

Its speculation but this is FT so why not.

Rodgers wants a big rebuild and is expecting a big transfer kitty if we move a few players on. Rodgers wants to target a mixture of established EPL players and experienced players from abroad, who will come in as ready starters to push for European places but will demand higher wages with minimal potential for increased resale value. Equality they could fail to deliver at the required level like Perez and we end up with overpaid players who are hard to move on.

Rudders on the other hand wants to focus on bringing in scouted younger prospects from the championship and European leagues on lower wages with big potential but could take a year or two before they are at the level required to be pushing for top 6. Rudders tells Rodgers in no uncertain terms he's not doing the rebuild his way and Rodgers throws his dummy out and his agent leaks it to the press to make it look like he's not being backed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LestaLad said:

The fact that FootyInsider247 of all places has an 'exclusive' basically means this is entirely made up.

Not doubting that the circumstances could be true, but I refuse to believe that this article is based on actual information from a genuine, reliable source...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.  .we are supposed to be a side that attempts to play possession football, the constant passing the ball between defenders tells me that!!!

Why do we then resort to bringing an big man off the bench in order to combat a big man going upfront for the opposition, when we have spent so long learning how to control and keep possession of the ball.

It seems as if as soon as there us a danger, our thinking an philosophy goes right out the window. 

Most of our possession football is not control ,its a deliberate tactic by the opposition. We are not experts at it like Man City and they know we will make mistakes ,especially if pressed. If you have players like KDB and Silva you can make it pay but we don't and it often leads to trouble. You can bet your life Wolves will use that tactic. To be honest the Hammers knew Dawson up front was a risk but also his strength and power in the air was likely to cause us trouble and it did.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

The fact that FootyInsider247 of all places has an 'exclusive' basically means this is entirely made up.

Not doubting that the circumstances could be true, but I refuse to believe that this article is based on actual information from a genuine, reliable source...

They are saying all the things I currently want to hear so for me they are clearly a reputable and knowledgable source…:ph34r:

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, turlo said:

Its speculation but this is FT so why not.

Rodgers wants a big rebuild and is expecting a big transfer kitty if we move a few players on. Rodgers wants to target a mixture of established EPL players and experienced players from abroad, who will come in as ready starters to push for European places but will demand higher wages with minimal potential for increased resale value. Equality they could fail to deliver at the required level like Perez and we end up with overpaid players who are hard to move on.

Rudders on the other hand wants to focus on bringing in scouted younger prospects from the championship and European leagues on lower wages with big potential but could take a year or two before they are at the level required to be pushing for top 6. Rudders tells Rodgers in no uncertain terms he's not doing the rebuild his way and Rodgers throws his dummy out and his agent leaks it to the press to make it look like he's not being backed. 

...he would have been aware of the monies available and the timescale in regards to club infrastructure development!!!

Now the media have picked up on the restlessness amongst the supporters and his inability to resolve an obvious failing, he is now having to come out and defend his corner.

His recent talk of overachieving and players without the right stuff was a "dog whistle" to Top  to back him in the transfer market.

Without a fire sale, the money will not be available in the summer for him to do any kind of rebuild, and that will be his reason to an agreed termination of his contract.  He has now put down a marker, Top will have to back him or be perceived as the reason why Rodgers will walk. I cannot see Top backing down. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm really not impressed with Rodgers bringing up this whole 'didn't know we were in it' narrative about the Europa Conference again.

It was one thing saying it after the Napoli game, but saying it again now is making him look a right arrogant nob.

Who does he think he is? So much arrogance for a manager with a terrible record in Europe.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I would really like to think that Top wouldn't make a decision as significant as this off the back of one game. 

Also, we probably will lose to Wolves! They're a) a better team than us, b) have no injuries and c) in really good form! 

If only it was ‘one game’ 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1