Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Happy Fox said:

@Ric Flair you intimated Rudkin and Rodgers relationship turning sour, I cannot imagine Rodgers will last much longer

That's what I'd heard last weekend. Then this broke on Monday from some people who get to know way more info than I do so it would not surprise me if there's something in this.

Rodgers tends to fall out with someone at a club in the final stretch of his tenure and he can shape the narrative quite nicely publicly. No doubt it'll be all woe me because of injuries and a lack of transfer funds when we most needed it.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm really not impressed with Rodgers bringing up this whole 'didn't know we were in it' narrative about the Europa Conference again.

It was one thing saying it after the Napoli game, but saying it again now is making him look a right arrogant nob.

I know he’s trying to spin it as we were only focused on progressing in the Europa so hadn’t given it any thought but he’s sounding like a knob now.

If he genuinely didn’t know that 3rd place put you in the conference league then he wants sacking for that anyway.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's what I'd heard last weekend. Then this broke on Monday from some people who get to know way more info than I do so it would not surprise me if there's something in this.

Rodgers tends to fall out with someone at a club in the final stretch of his tenure and he can shape the narrative quite nicely publicly. No doubt it'll be all woe me because of injuries and a lack of transfer funds when we most needed it.

His comments about him doing his very best with the resources given to him and he will stay until someone tells him otherwise suggest that something has happened and he knows he’s not going to be here much longer.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Re Injuries - he’s responsible for rushing players back and wasn’t there rumours of training ground sessions being too intense when we had lots of games in succession over Christmas period?

Re transfer funds - you have laugh he’s been backed to the hilt, we have good players here, Daka has been a good buy, but the others money has been wasted.

• Like 2

I find a lot of the criticism directed towards Rogers is either based on his personality traits, or spurious, speculative reports of discussions, arguments and fallouts of which we know very little.  None of us know what Rogers is like in person or what he's like to deal with.  And more to the point who cares anyway. Klopp and Pep are both massive narcissistic b***ends, they are still class managers.  He might well be an arrogant toad, but I think he's a really good manager. (as does he I would imagine😂)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

If we had finished second in the Europa League group I note that tonight we would have played Barcelona in the Europa playoffs.

Imagine how that would have impacted on things!

I don't want to go all sliding doors on you, But it doesn't work like that, if we finished 2nd we wouldn't have instantly got the same draw napoli did everything would have been slightly different the balls the format of the draw etc etc. 

Edited by The whole world smiles

6 minutes ago, seanymac said:

I find a lot of the criticism directed towards Rogers is either based on his personality traits, or spurious, speculative reports of discussions, arguments and fallouts of which we know very little.  None of us know what Rogers is like in person or what he's like to deal with.  And more to the point who cares anyway. Klopp and Pep are both massive narcissistic b***ends, they are still class managers.  He might well be an arrogant toad, but I think he's a really good manager. (as does he I would imagine😂)

he deserves all the criticism coming his way for spelling his name with a D in it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I don't want to go all sliding doors on you, But it doesn't work like that, if we finished 2nd we wouldn't have instantly got the same draw napoli did everything would have been slightly different the balls the format of the draw etc etc. 

That sounds too much like common sense!

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

People are probably fed up with me saying this but again, massive parallels to his end at Celtic and falling out with Lawell over transfers.

He did have a bit of a case in point at Celtic as it was our own fault that we missed out on McGinn and Schar when both players wanted to sign and were massive value at £7m combined. That said, I can also understand Lawell's position in this sense also. Rodgers, despite having the biggest wage bill in our history insisted that it would take a lot more money for us to be a consistent and possibly last 16 CL team. Fine, he was probably right, but the legitimate issue Lawell probably had was that he'd given him and Congerton significant transfer funds and they'd wasted it on a bunch of guys who couldn't threaten the first team so he was within his rights to try and bring transfers back under his control. The problem at Celtic was that Lawell was the de facto director of football/head of recruitment which was in itself a problem and we should have someone with the proper credentials in this role sitting between him and Rodgers. Congerton I guess you could say was meant to be that guy but he was an absolute charlatan. One example of how useful Congeton was that he was apparently annoyed we couldn't match Brighton's offer for Neil Maupay, talk about not understanding the constraints of your role and not being able to identify players within your budget.

It seems like a pretty identical situation with Rudkin now, although in this case I don't think Rodgers has a leg to stand on as because from the outside it looks Rudkin is actually competent at his job and the club have got Rodgers the players he wants. He himself was quite public on this as recently as the summer so it's a bit rich now saying he doesn't have enough imo.

Who were the Celtic signings who didn’t challenge the first team - I’m very interested to know …Congerton leaving does seem strange though from his reputation at Celtic nit sorry to see him go…

4 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Absolutely, but to say that losing against Wolves is the final straw is insane to me. 

No not insane, when we lose to Wolves is inevitable, I hope not, but cant see us getting anything there other than a comfortable loss.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smudgerfox said:

Who were the Celtic signings who didn’t challenge the first team - I’m very interested to know …Congerton leaving does seem strange though from his reputation at Celtic nit sorry to see him go…

Here's a list of all Rodgers signings at Celtic and you can judge for yourselves.

Good:

Dembele - Sensational. Not strictly a Rdogers signing as we'd been working on the deal for him since the January before Rodgers arrived. Rodgers developed him excellently though before royally mismanaging him and p!ssing him off. 

Sinclair - Amazing, especially the first couple of years.

Toure - Done a job the first half of Rodgers' first season when we had barely any bodies at the back.

Edouard - Superb, again though, it's obvious this was a Lawell signing, we brought him in out of nowhere on loan from PSG on the last day of the window and Lawell and Nasser have had a long standing friendship through sitting on the UEFA board together.

Benkovic (LOAN) - Done great, was a rolls royce up here, although we tried to sign him permanently the summer before so I reckon he was put to Rodgers by Lawell.

Timo Weah (LOAN) - Decent impact player in his 6 months here. The PSG signings were Lawell signings though due to his friendliness with Nasser, Weah and Edouard were down to Lawell.

Bad:

Comperr - 1 appearance, Was here 2 years, on 25k a week, played 80 mins in total. Congerton has taken him to most clubs he's been at in the past.

Jack Hendry - Started crying on the pitch in one game. We sold a much better player in Sviatchenko than Hendry was. Tbf has carved out a decent career now for himself in Belgium.

Dorus De Vries - Played 15 games, was a disaster, one Rodgers had at previous clubs

Cristian Gamboa - Crap, 22 appearances over three years, maybe more.

Eboue Kouassi - Signed for decent money in our terms, £3.5m, 22 appearances and again hung around for a few years not doing much.

Johnny Hayes - 27 appearances, decent enough squad player it has to be said but was nowhere near it when everyone was fit.

Kundai Benyu - 4 appearances, garbage.

Olivier Ntcham - Appearances, 78, on his day a good player but that was once every ten games and after Rodgers left about once in every 30 games. Signed for £4.5m and was freed in the end up.

Lewis Morgan - Appearances, 13, was never going to be good enough.

Yousoff Mulumbu - 3 appearances, nuff said.

Vakoun Bayo - Think Rodgers may have left before he made an appearance, he was crap anyway, made about 20 appearances, think he scored 1 goal that was then later awarded as an OG by DGP.

Oliver Burke (LOAN) - How he made it as a footballer I'll never know.

Charly Musonda (LOAN) - About half a dozen appearances, had ability but was largely mince.

Daniel Arzani (LOAN) - Horse sh!t, always injured, although tbf he was a Lawell signing, pretty obvious that one given our long standing relationship with Man City/The City group

Appearances are during Rodgers time at the club for clarirty.

1 hour ago, Vazman said:

No not insane, when we lose to Wolves is inevitable, I hope not, but cant see us getting anything there other than a comfortable loss.

That's the spirit!

2 hours ago, seanymac said:

Well all the other stuff that could be landed at his door like the horrendous injuries over the last 2 years, which were similar at Liverpool and Celtic and the complete arrogance and ignorance and yet still inability to solve the set piece and defensive issues are all batted away by Rodgers apologists saying its not his fault as we don't have the unequioval proof.

Another big 3 days ahead for Bulletproof Brendan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Well all the other stuff that could be landed at his door like the horrendous injuries over the last 2 years, which were similar at Liverpool and Celtic and the complete arrogance and ignorance and yet still inability to solve the set piece and defensive issues are all batted away by Rodgers apologists saying its not his fault as we don't have the unequioval proof.

Another big 3 days ahead for Bulletproof Brendan.

How is Fofana's injury his fault? Or Perreira, or James Justin? These are long term knee injuries/broken legs.  This is exactly the nonsense I'm talking about.  The set piece problem is actually something to be discussed.  A genuine failing of the team and management. Absolutely let's talk about these things.  Blaming him for a horrendous tackle on our centre back in pre-season is a loads of old cobblers. 

• Like 1