Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I think that we will win tonight, lose Sunday and he’ll face the sack next week. I have been very reluctant to believe ‘ITK sources’ but it seems that there is definitely some truth in him falling out with Rudkin. 

It is evident that we need a rebuild this summer and Rodgers wants to pursue his own transfer policy. This is worrying, especially as the tried and tested model of purchasing young and unknown players has paid massive dividends in the past few years. 

I simply do not trust Rodgers with this. Signings like Perez, Bertrand and Vestegaard go against the recruitment model which has given us so much success. Maybe I am being harsh but he seems to have a thing for mediocre players (see Liverpool and Celtic for reference). 

If we are to have sustainable success then it’s so important that we start picking up players like Fofana, Ndidi and Tielemans up or you can expect us to fade into a bottom half club. 

To be quite honest, there are two things for me. Firstly, his track record with signings is terrible and secondly, the results this season have been nowhere near good enough to justify keeping him in the summer. 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahahaa of course I don't blame him for the freak long term injuries, it's the management of is players when flagged by the sports science lot that they are at risk of injury or how he handles his players when they come back.

How's the James Justin hamstring injury not him and his teams fault? 3 games in a week after a year out, madness. How's the treatment of Ricardo not their fault? The lad does his ACL in March 2020 and plays the rest of the game, fine sometimes injuries on the field are missed. But fast forward 18 months and he gets a fracture of the leg and not once but twice after going down on his haunches and the medical staff come on, he's assessed OK to continue. It's beggars belief. 

In that very same game Daka and Vardy were kept on whilst injured. OK, fine as a one off and yet fast forward less than a week and Vardy is once again injured during the game and kept on and worsens the injury so much that he's out for 3-4 months.

His medical staff also believed Jonny Evans condition wasn't that bad, and yet the lad got the severest grade tear of his hamstring you can get.

Definitely, absolutely not his fault though. The man smashed some sort of injuries mirror as a child maybe that's what ended his football career early and continues to plague his clubs players and there's nothing poor Brendan can do about it.

But that is somewhat speculative is it not? SInce without knowing what discussions have been had between the manager, medical staff and player how do you know where to apportion blame?  You seem to have in depth insider knowledge beyond my reach.   To me that seems like a failing of the medical team as opposed to the manager. 

20 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

if the rumour is true and a loss to Wolves sees him sacked due to a bust up with Rudkin then just sack him, the result of a single game should bare that much weight in the decision

I think the logic is that if he’s fighting for his job it might provide the motivation needed to turn it around. That and he can’t go bleating about not seeing it coming. 

12 minutes ago, seanymac said:

But that is somewhat speculative is it not? SInce without knowing what discussions have been had between the manager, medical staff and player how do you know where to apportion blame?  You seem to have in depth insider knowledge beyond my reach.   To me that seems like a failing of the medical team as opposed to the manager. 

You're speculating as well. What tends to sway me here is a couple of things, 1) his terrible injury problems at Liverpool and Celtic. How do you account for that? Unlucky again or perhaps poor medical staff again? 2) Dave Rennie and the desired move to a medical rather than physio ran approach 3) some things I've been told in confidence that make it very difficult not to question him given points 1 and 2.

3 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The final straw would’ve been long ago had 

a) Money not been an object

b) we hadn’t won the FA Cup

Exactly. I know we don't see same views on this particular subject but winning the FA Cup bought him some time, and rightly so in my opinion.

Just a shame this summer we didn't build on that. We were already inconsistent at the end of last season and then the summer signings haven't improved the team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

You're speculating as well. What tends to sway me here is a couple of things, 1) his terrible injury problems at Liverpool and Celtic. How do you account for that? Unlucky again or perhaps poor medical staff again? 2) Dave Rennie and the desired move to a medical rather than physio ran approach 3) some things I've been told in confidence that make it very difficult not to question him given points 1 and 2.

To be fair I'm not overly aware of injury issues at Celtic or Liverpool but that's not to say you are wrong on that.  I would just be very surprised if an organisation (or organisations in this instance) paying millions in transfer fees and wages would allow a manager to hold so much sway over the medical attention given to players. Since they are their primary assets you would think they would ensure they were looked after regardless of the managers needs and wants.  To that end I would assume that the fitness of players and injury issues as such was a club issue as opposed to a specific manager issue.  But that is very much a speculative assumption. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Exactly. I know we don't see same views on this particular subject but winning the FA Cup bought him some time, and rightly so in my opinion.

Just a shame this summer we didn't build on that. We were already inconsistent at the end of last season and then the summer signings haven't improved the team.

And he’s had time THIS season. Plenty of it too. 

That’s if you choose to overlook the capitulations in both of his other full seasons prior to this one. 

As you say, the most recent summer signings haven’t really improved the team. Yet people want him to have the summer to sign some more dross. Whilst no doubt shipping out some of our better players who probably no longer see eye to eye with Rodgers and have started to question him.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

And he’s had time THIS season. Plenty of it too. 

That’s if you choose to overlook the capitulations in both of his other full seasons prior to this one. 

The Rodgers has credit in the bank school of thought is a bit of a weird one, he's already burning through it quickly, if he hasn't already. At what point would most of the people who want him to stay, sack him? Finishing 13th? Finishing 10 points clear of the drop? Being lower mid table next season?

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, turlo said:

Its speculation but this is FT so why not.

Rodgers wants a big rebuild and is expecting a big transfer kitty if we move a few players on. Rodgers wants to target a mixture of established EPL players and experienced players from abroad, who will come in as ready starters to push for European places but will demand higher wages with minimal potential for increased resale value. Equality they could fail to deliver at the required level like Perez and we end up with overpaid players who are hard to move on.

Rudders on the other hand wants to focus on bringing in scouted younger prospects from the championship and European leagues on lower wages with big potential but could take a year or two before they are at the level required to be pushing for top 6. Rudders tells Rodgers in no uncertain terms he's not doing the rebuild his way and Rodgers throws his dummy out and his agent leaks it to the press to make it look like he's not being backed. 

You are speculating and talking like you know something. We know nothing other than speculation. But rodgers imo dont deserve to stay.

21 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Oh it’s completely and utterly gone. In my eyes, the Liverpool home game saved him his job temporarily. 

Since that very decent 90mins, what have we had? Brighton and Spurs total failures. Oh, and of course, fcukin Forest away.

Its completely beyond me that folk still want him here. I start to think our forums been infiltrated by a load of Forest or Cov fans. But then you check out their profiles and they’ve been members for years. It’s absolutely baffling. 

I want him gone. He's not what we thought. Him and his ego can fvck off.

Great while it's going for him, but he has no idea when it's not.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The Rodgers has credit in the bank school of thought is a bit of a weird one, he's already burning through it quickly, if he hasn't already. At what point would most of the people who want him to stay, sack him? Finishing 13th? Finishing 10 points clear of the drop? Being lower mid table next season?

Yeah, that would change my mind completely.

Thing is, two top 6 finishes (yes, I know we fell away from top 4 which is criminal) plus FA Cup win is a consist performance. Consistency is hard to find as we know this season especially. At the end of the day this is his first average season out of three.

If next season we were in mid table then I'd change my mind. I rememeber people saying we'd struggle last season, because we ended the season before poorly, but that didn't happen.

Our first team is good enough to be competing with the likes of West Ham and Wolves. Only difference is both of them haven't had to deal with a different back four every month. If you were to take Codey and Killman out of Wolves for half a season then they'd be mid table too. Back four is such a key area of any successful team.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

I want him gone. He's not what we thought. Him and his ego can fvck off.

Great while it's going for him, but he has no idea when it's not.

Oh ask liverpool fans and even celtic both warned us.

The celtic warning we should have headed.

They said he only did it because no one else could live with them.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, that would change my mind completely.

Thing is, two top 6 finishes (yes, I know we fell away from top 4 which is criminal) plus FA Cup win is a consist performance. Consistency is hard to find as we know this season especially. At the end of the day this is his first average season out of three.

If next season we were in mid table then I'd change my mind. I rememeber people saying we'd struggle last season, because we ended the season before poorly, but that didn't happen.

Our first team is good enough to be competing with the likes of West Ham and Wolves. Only difference is both of them haven't had to deal with a different back four every month. If you were to take Codey and Killman out of Wolves for half a season then they'd be mid table too. Back four is such a key area of any successful team.

...there is a risk in a rebuild by Rodgers!!!

Get the Summer window wrong and we are stocked with players we do not need and are not at the level that allows us to be competitive. The way he (Rodgers) is talking it will have to be a net spend of £100m. We surely cannot allow him to take the gamble.

10 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Fofana and Vardy back next season, KDH in for Tielemans, just need a replacement for Evans and we’ll be pushing for CL places again next season.

The comparison between these two icks me so much. 

he’s played about 8 premier league games and you’re comparing him to one of the best CMs in world football on his day 😂

don’t mind KDH at all, but if we expect him to drag us through games the way Youri did, we’re gonna finish much much lower in the division than some expect 

• Like 3