Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yeah, that would change my mind completely.

Thing is, two top 6 finishes (yes, I know we fell away from top 4 which is criminal) plus FA Cup win is a consist performance. Consistency is hard to find as we know this season especially. At the end of the day this is his first average season out of three.

If next season we were in mid table then I'd change my mind. I rememeber people saying we'd struggle last season, because we ended the season before poorly, but that didn't happen.

Our first team is good enough to be competing with the likes of West Ham and Wolves. Only difference is both of them haven't had to deal with a different back four every month. If you were to take Codey and Killman out of Wolves for half a season then they'd be mid table too. Back four is such a key area of any successful team.

Even disregarding two successive collapses, I think Rodgers gets too much of the credit attributed to him (not saying he wasn’t a big factor) in taking a team that was the 4th or 5th best in the league over 2019-2021 to from 9th to 5th

This is an incredibly talented team and I don’t think Rodgers has got the best out of besides the first half of 2019.

Any manager would struggle with the volume of injuries, true. However he’s not blameless in this situation besides Fofana’s injury and Pereira’s second. It’s not just the back line that’s been poor defensively, we’ve been terrible defensively across the whole XI and I’ve seen nothing to suggest we’re tightening up. His wank signings (a departure from our previously successful model) have compounded the defensive issues too.

I want Rodgers out, I’m not a totally blinkered moron and can appreciate he has done a good job for us but I think long term he’s a terrible fit at this stage. The beneficial circumstances he arrived in aren’t the same as our current condition.

We sign a couple of Perez/Vestergaard/Soumare tier players for ~20m and that could set us back years.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's actually astonishing how much I love Jon Rudkin these days. Happy to have been proven massively wrong about the man. 

I know! G'won Rudders! His redemption and rise over the last few years has been a sight to behold.

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Oh it’s completely and utterly gone. In my eyes, the Liverpool home game saved him his job temporarily. 

Since that very decent 90mins, what have we had? Brighton and Spurs total failures. Oh, and of course, fcukin Forest away.

Its completely beyond me that folk still want him here. I start to think our forums been infiltrated by a load of Forest or Cov fans. But then you check out their profiles and they’ve been members for years. It’s absolutely baffling. 

I would posit it isn't healthy to go digging through the profiles of people because you disagree with them.  Not even sure what you'd be hoping to find.

25 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

If we can win the conference league i think any result in the league bar relegation can be overlooked and he will have mostly rebuilt his reputation here. It's a big 'if' though, only takes one slipup in a cup competition.

Top 10 and conference league for me. We are massively under performing and so far that’s on him

• Like 2