Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I make that the 19th time we have scored 4 or more goals in a game under Rodgers in the league or cups in 3 years. 

We're a joy to watch when we get it right. Absolute horror show when it doesn't come off. There's no in between with Leicester lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Attacking subs tonight!

When he brought Maddison on I nearly fell off my seat.

We should run out of defenders more often

he didn't have much choice we didn't have any defenders to bring on

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I make that the 19th time we have scored 4 or more goals in a game under Rodgers in the league or cups in 3 years. 

Probably should have been the 2nd time we scored 9 tbf lol

They were awful, not even sure they had a player in our half in the 2nd half

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Yet another puzzle on the fitness/sub front last night. 

if Madders was ill so shortly after coming on - feeling ill, dizzy etc as described by BR - surely he must have been feeling that way beforehand. So why bring him on at 4-1at all? 

He seemed perfectly fine when warming up multiple times. Seems like a clutch at straws to enable you to say something negative towards BR. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

if Madders was ill so shortly after coming on - feeling ill, dizzy etc as described by BR - surely he must have been feeling that way beforehand. So why bring him on at 4-1at all? 

....players are like children, they always want to play as they feel they are missing out!!!

He (Maddison) would have kept it quiet if he had symptoms and felt that what ever it is he could run it off.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

I’d still sack him. Let’s be honest we was playing a league 2 side tonight and first half was appalling! Get AVB in and lets crack on I say. 

I want him gone but bringing in Villas-Boas would be an absolute catastrophe

• Like 3

2 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Not necessarily. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Not necessarily. 

Hardly at the same level I know but there has been a few occasions playing local football where I've started a match or come on as sub feeling fine and just a few minutes later developed a migraine or have been sick*

*not including times hungover from the night before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Probably should have been the 2nd time we scored 9 tbf lol

They were awful, not even sure they had a player in our half in the 2nd half

They reminded me of a very poor Newcastle/Watford team who we have comfortably beaten by 4 or 5 on a regular basis but you still have to do it and given how bad we've been in the last week or two it's a relief.

• Like 2

Not a common occurrence in elite level football I think you’ll find - where tip top conditioning is required and expert medical science is available. The game was won ffs - it was totally unnecessary for Maddison to risk his health further by taking part…

but I agree, very Sunday League - a bit like wheeling out a tall guy to defend corners at the end to defend a lead - a world away from elite level management 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Not a common occurrence in elite level football I think you’ll find - where tip top conditioning is required and expert medical science is available. The game was won ffs - it was totally unnecessary for Maddison to risk his health further by taking part…

but I agree, very Sunday League - a bit like wheeling out a tall guy to defend corners at the end to defend a lead - a world away from elite level management 

Have you never had a head rush when standing up to fast or a sudden bout of dizziness that just came out the blue? sometimes these things just happen i'm sure there's no neglect or malpractice going on behind the scenes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Unbelievable how many disappointed users on this forum want BR gone.

The fact is BR is not going anywhere soon, the owner will decide when enough is enough so get used to it.

Just for a minute put the first two full seasons to one side, what are you seeing right now that is keeping you so firmly on side and what makes you think that he is going to get it right in the future? Sentiment is a thing of the past in football, you can only really focus on the here and now and I'm concerned about where we are going. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Just for a minute put the first two full seasons to one side, what are you seeing right now that is keeping you so firmly on side and what makes you think that he is going to get it right in the future? Sentiment is a thing of the past in football, you can only really focus on the here and now and I'm concerned about where we are going. 

Seems a bit silly when you say it like that tho. If you isolated Liverpool this time last season then they’d want klopp gone too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

I think the first two full seasons are as revealing about BR’s shortcomings as this season. 2019/20 we missed CL by four points. Then consider this - we lost 1-0 to Norwich (relegated) , 4-1 to Bournemouth (relegated)  after being ahead and after conceding two goals and having a player sent off in the space of two minutes, gave up a 90th minute lead on Watford (relegated) to a 93rd minute equaliser by Craig Dawson from a corner. Any of that sound familiar? Oh and an injury time defeat to Villa in the League Cup semi final.

Never mind let’s try again in 2020/21. This time we’re one point short of Champions League. So let’s look at where we went wrong this time. A 2-0 defeat to Fulham (relegated) a 4-2 capitulation to Newcastle (Evans pulled out of team shortly before ko) 2-0 down on 34 mins, 3-2 defeat to West Ham 3-0 down after 48 mins, 2-4 defeat by Spurs despite being 2-1 up with 15 minutes to go. 

Yes we won the FA Cup but let us also acknowledge that leant heavily on the goals of Ihenacho (4) who Rodgers clearly doesn’t rate. (it’s that system thing again)

So what we have is two failures to qualify for CL despite occupying a CL position for most of both seasons. A complete failure to close the deal achieved through a mixture of capitulation at either end of games, tactical ineptitude, defensive naivety and injury mismanagement. Games surrendered by half time or given away late or in periods of full-scale implosion. 

CL qualification on two successive seasons would have transformed this club. In terms of its finances (at least £50-million I reckon) and in terms of its profile and the calibre of player we could bring in. It was in our grasp but we let it go - twice…

All of a piece with how Liverpool failed to win the league despite scoring 100 goals in the season, all of a piece with us being 4-0 down to Man City after 20 minutes, These are the issues BR needs to urgently address…

We were never good enough to finish top four, hence those games you mentioned. Very few teams go through a season without picking up results like that, in fact it's usually just the top 2. Even if you look at a side like Chelsea now some of their results have been shocking this season.