Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

Seems a bit odd to say a team that spent the best part of two seasons in the top 4 isn’t good enough to finish top 4. The fact is we were so close and when you look at how we lost it - there’s a strong whiff of self destruction about some of those crucial results …Losing 1-0 to Norwich is one of those things that can happen - I agree - but the complete capitulations to Bournemouth, Newcastle, West Ham snd Spurs display an underlying lack of belief and ruthlessness and my point is they are still there today…

btw despite Chelsea’s poor form I’m willing to bet they make top 4 

Well you just posted about Rodgers "shortcomings" so I wasn't being any more odd than you. What I meant is odd results happen in a season, it was the tail end when we shot ourselves in the foot against the likes of Bournemouth and Newcastle.

Of course Chelsea will make top 4 but my point was those odd results happen for them, and will happen for every side outside of the top 2.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Why do posters continually go on about what Liverpool or Celtic fans say about Rodgers, if we all listened to 'ex's' none of us will have partners or go on to be married.

Because they have either Agendas or plain daft..

34 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Interested to know if the ITKs who received information that BR was being sacked have any updates on the new manager?!! 

You will get in trouble posting like this , Rusko187 gave me a right ticking off for doing similar.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

Just to be clear - I am a severe critic of BR because I think he is vastly overrated and I am very worried about handing over a major redevelopment of my club, to him. There are good reasons to doubt his ability to carry this out successfully (see his transfer record at Celtic and Liverpool) and the way he has handled talented players such as Mendy, Ihenacho and Praet while at the club - placing his faith in his own playing system above utilising the whole of a talented squad to the maximum. I also think it wholly unrealistic to think that something as fundamental as defending corners successfully can only be achieved when your best defenders are available. 

I don’t want him out until a better, realistic candidate can be found. But it serves no-one - not least BR himself - to turn a blind eye to his shortcomings. 

Well, we all have our opinions. What I would say that comparing transfers at previous Clubs has really nothing to do with it. For a start different Club, owners have a different strategy, different funds available and different views on where they are and where they want to be. We all make mistakes and remember those who reckon they haven't made one have never made anything!!

We can all be selective over what we see as his deficiencies but at the end of the day we are where we are and we're all agreed improvements need to be made. No doubt, you will agree, injuries have not helped MY Club either.

43 minutes ago, Ian S said:

You will get in trouble posting like this , Rusko187 gave me a right ticking off for doing similar.

Why should we give a sxxt what other members think. Especially when they've been posting their own versions of negativity and sxxt. Fight the powers that be!

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

touche :P but you get the premise that most breakup's don't end up with nice words being spoken by 1 or both parties.

None of us have the emotional entanglement with managers that we'd have with our partners. Our relationship, abstract as it might be, is with Leicester City FC. I don't spend time grinding my teeth about Claude Puel and I certainly have good feelings towards Claudio. Peter Taylor I make an exception to, but it's only a dismissive wave.

I like to believe that there's a caucus of objective commentators on this forum who can assess the manager without slagging him off or thinking he's a deity who can do no wrong.

Given that, I'm sure there's an equal proportion of Liverpool and Celtic fans who're like minded. 

I also would like to think that Rodgers has learned from both those previous jobs. But I'm not sure he has. This is the most difficult season he's had. Circumstance has contributed its fair share to our current position but he has to take some of the responsibility for persisting with faulty decisions. 

If we do need a rebuild of the squad then I'd sooner some other manager took it on. It's easy to blame the players and act like you're, in some way, separate from their errors, but we know the buck stops at his ability to motivate and to find solutions for those circumstances I mentioned earlier. What he seems to be doing is stumbling from one game to another.

We're a decent club - well worthy of sustaining a top eight position year-in year-out. If he can drag us back up to where we belong then he should be given more time. But if he can't begin next season well then six games is enough.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

They reminded me of a very poor Newcastle/Watford team who we have comfortably beaten by 4 or 5 on a regular basis but you still have to do it and given how bad we've been in the last week or two it's a relief.

Absolutely, I think the only difference was that they were physically inferior to any prem teams and we really steam rollered them. 

I wouldn't read too much into this result as nice as it is to see us dispatch conference level opposition.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, gerblod said:

None of us have the emotional entanglement with managers that we'd have with our partners. Our relationship, abstract as it might be, is with Leicester City FC. I don't spend time grinding my teeth about Claude Puel and I certainly have good feelings towards Claudio. Peter Taylor I make an exception to, but it's only a dismissive wave.

I like to believe that there's a caucus of objective commentators on this forum who can assess the manager without slagging him off or thinking he's a deity who can do no wrong.

Given that, I'm sure there's an equal proportion of Liverpool and Celtic fans who're like minded. 

I also would like to think that Rodgers has learned from both those previous jobs. But I'm not sure he has. This is the most difficult season he's had. Circumstance has contributed its fair share to our current position but he has to take some of the responsibility for persisting with faulty decisions. 

If we do need a rebuild of the squad then I'd sooner some other manager took it on. It's easy to blame the players and act like you're, in some way, separate from their errors, but we know the buck stops at his ability to motivate and to find solutions for those circumstances I mentioned earlier. What he seems to be doing is stumbling from one game to another.

We're a decent club - well worthy of sustaining a top eight position year-in year-out. If he can drag us back up to where we belong then he should be given more time. But if he can't begin next season well then six games is enough.

It was meant as a broad analogy to a preception that anything a Liverpool or Celtic fan said about him was golden.

I have just deleted a big reply in why i'm still Rodgers in but thought what's the point just leave it, those that want him out want him out & good luck to them.

18 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

It was meant as a broad analogy to a preception that anything a Liverpool or Celtic fan said about him was golden.

I have just deleted a big reply in why i'm still Rodgers in but thought what's the point just leave it, those that want him out want him out & good luck to them.

Exactly. Just opinions based on hearsay and media sources with their own agendas. Hardly something to trust when it comes to forming a personal opinion. The amount of garbage that gets portrayed as fact :whistle:. Trust your instincts its all you have.

3 hours ago, gerblod said:

...we cannot afford to give him that leeway, in respect of a rebuild!!!

We either commit to him or we come to the conclusion that he cannot turn our form around. Six games into the new season is equal to two season of having to rebalance a team and a new manager having to plot a course with players who are not what he requires. We would have effectively tied his hands (the new Manager's) before he comes into the club, and with our net spends being what it is, there is little scope to remedy the situation.

• Like 3

On 17/02/2022 at 17:33, Fox92 said:

Yeah, that would change my mind completely.

Thing is, two top 6 finishes (yes, I know we fell away from top 4 which is criminal) plus FA Cup win is a consist performance. Consistency is hard to find as we know this season especially. At the end of the day this is his first average season out of three.

If next season we were in mid table then I'd change my mind. I rememeber people saying we'd struggle last season, because we ended the season before poorly, but that didn't happen.

Our first team is good enough to be competing with the likes of West Ham and Wolves. Only difference is both of them haven't had to deal with a different back four every month. If you were to take Codey and Killman out of Wolves for half a season then they'd be mid table too. Back four is such a key area of any successful team.

The problem for me is I feel that's where it'll be heading based on what I've seen this season - deterioration in nearly every area on top of piss poor recruitment in the summer. It doesn't bode well. I'm thinking put an end to it before this manifests itself. I don't want a situation where we go and let him oversee this rebuild, a 2021-like summer happens and we sack him in October, we'd be weaker for it than we would be if we did it now.

I also agree with the notion that this "bad result against Wolves and he's out" is daft as by that logic, we win the game and everything is OK again. It's probably the case that the next pathetic collapse and he's a goner, and I don't think that'll be too long away.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

Have they? 

No Idea, but Rogers and Jordan Blackwell have issues..........  Very interesting response by BR to him in the Wolves press conference:(.

17 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

What was said?

Blackwell asked Rodgers if he saw the up and coming fixtures as an opportunity to move up the table and Rodgers response was " I can't afford to look ahead, as i might not be here" with a big grin on this face. Think it was a jibe at Blackwell as the Mercury recently put out a poll on whether Rodgers should stay or go!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1