Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

17 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

I think it has everythIng to do with it. If I have understood Project Reset properly, in the summer we are to sell some of our best players to raise funds for new ones. If that is the case we will live with the consequences of that for many seasons. It may provide just what we need - it could be a Peter Taylor money spray job…so his previous transfer record is significant in assessing his ability to carry that out. If Vestergaard and Bertrand were his idea and for instance  Daka is a club decision via scouting then we have to be pessimistic.

It isn’t just about the true quality of the players brought in - it’s also about whether the manager can identify their value to the squad. Many mid table prem sides would be delighted to have Mendy or Praet in their squads - I’m sure many would kill to have Ihenacho at their disposal - but BR simply doesn’t seem to rate them. 

I think it’s fair to say our success cycle is over.  We do need to rebuild and if I was the top brass I would bring in a manager that has a track record in rebuilding.  If we have to have a transition season or two followed by another success cycle then this is what we should do. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, turlo said:

Blackwell asked Rodgers if he saw the up and coming fixtures as an opportunity to move up the table and Rodgers response was " I can't afford to look ahead, as i might not be here" with a big grin on this face. Think it was a jibe at Blackwell as the Mercury recently put out a poll on whether Rodgers should stay or go!

Thanks. I thought this Blackwell bloke worked for TalkSport hence my confusion.

Shame Rodgers isn’t in control though 😅

1 hour ago, turlo said:

Blackwell asked Rodgers if he saw the up and coming fixtures as an opportunity to move up the table and Rodgers response was " I can't afford to look ahead, as i might not be here" with a big grin on this face. Think it was a jibe at Blackwell as the Mercury recently put out a poll on whether Rodgers should stay or go!

They’re only human and take these jibes personally. I recall O’Neill did for years…

• Like 3

Rodgers is in dreamland tbf. Save for about half of Leicester fans, Celtic fans and Liverpool fans. Everyone else in world football rates him highly. 

If he turns it around he can engage full smug mode, if he gets sacked for being the pits, then the world will see it as little Leicester being ungrateful. Rodgers is back in management within 6 months earning another massive packet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Rodgers is in dreamland tbf. Save for about half of Leicester fans, Celtic fans and Liverpool fans. Everyone else in world football rates him highly. 

If he turns it around he can engage full smug mode, if he gets sacked for being the pits, then the world will see it as little Leicester being ungrateful. Rodgers is back in management within 6 months earning another massive packet.

Pretty much 

he is obvs taking a risk that with possibly all players back in the final eight weeks of the season, we don’t improve our results …..

Top ain't pulling the trigger on Rodgers anytime soon unless we get drawn into a relegation battle

In his programme notes ahead of Randers, and days after Craig Dawson’s last-minute equaliser for West Ham, Top acknowledged City were out of form, but said: “The team were unfortunate not to secure all three points against West Ham United on Sunday, following a rousing second-half performance.

“The easing of travel restrictions have made it easier for me to be present in Leicester in recent weeks and I've seen first-hand the work being undertaken by Brendan, the staff and players to rediscover the team's best form.

“For as long as we have been with the club, in difficult moments, it's always been our fight and togetherness that has brought us through and I sense that fight in this group.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-leicester-city-chairman-top-6687537?fbclid=IwAR1P95Rzpv85ZfkUzFiUgvY3Yrz0zcuuc5--JjXsOciqvzgTuhVUhRBgElI

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As I'm not huge fan of the BR, I don't believe that changing coach right now will not do any good to us.

We should show some decency and let him finish this season.

This the right/civilise way conclude this matter. After all he got us the FA cup.

56 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

As I'm not huge fan of the BR, I don't believe that changing coach right now will not do any good to us.

We should show some decency and let him finish this season.

This the right/civilise way conclude this matter. After all he got us the FA cup.

That is fair but you must remember he is barely allowed one defeat ,if he loses two in a row some would tar and feather him. Patience is pretty rare around here.

1 hour ago, turlo said:

Top ain't pulling the trigger on Rodgers anytime soon unless we get drawn into a relegation battle

In his programme notes ahead of Randers, and days after Craig Dawson’s last-minute equaliser for West Ham, Top acknowledged City were out of form, but said: “The team were unfortunate not to secure all three points against West Ham United on Sunday, following a rousing second-half performance.

“The easing of travel restrictions have made it easier for me to be present in Leicester in recent weeks and I've seen first-hand the work being undertaken by Brendan, the staff and players to rediscover the team's best form.

“For as long as we have been with the club, in difficult moments, it's always been our fight and togetherness that has brought us through and I sense that fight in this group.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-leicester-city-chairman-top-6687537?fbclid=IwAR1P95Rzpv85ZfkUzFiUgvY3Yrz0zcuuc5--JjXsOciqvzgTuhVUhRBgElI

If we don't start improving soon he'll be forced to make a change, regardless of what he says at the present time.

I really hope Rodgers can turn it round, but nothing I've seen in the past 6 months suggests he can.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

When has he??? Soon as Arsenal were linked he wanted a new deal on many more thousands a week lol

Sherwood is another one, a tool who knows piss all about football.

I think it's based on him saying he wouldn't go to Tottenham despite there being no official approach for him.

He's here because he gets a fantastic wage and I do think he enjoys aspects of managing us but if Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal came in now he'd be straight off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

If we can crowd fund £30 million to pay him off he will go and then be back in work in a few months a much richer man. We gave him , almost begged him to take , that contract. It was almost universally acclaimed by the fans. It was stupid at the time and I think I said so. I don't think any club should give any manager more than a two year contract.

Thats modern day football for me, rightly or wrongly. Things can change so quickly and works in cycles. If we appointed a flavour of the month but excellent manager (ten Hag for a wild example) then despite any success it's only inevitable we would want him out when things turn south. And things always turn south at some point.

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

When has he??? Soon as Arsenal were linked he wanted a new deal on many more thousands a week lol

Sherwood is another one, a tool who knows piss all about football.

Did he want one or did we give him one? I would imagine the latter.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Or were Arsenal used purely by his agent in order to garner more ££ and a new contract.

We'll never know.

True, we'll never know, but considering we've given out stupid contracts before I wouldn't be surprised if they offered him a new one. After all, we were going really well at the time.

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Exactly.

I understood why they did and I probably backed the move at the time but it did leave us in a position where Rodgers would have to be performing seriously poorly to be removed rather than the underwhelming time we're having.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Be fully prepared for the backlash when he goes to his next club and does really well for the first couple of seasons. 

Tbf you could say that about majority of managers. Not defending Rodgers and I think it’s time he went but normally by the third season coaches have run the course and it’s time for a new voice with different ideas. 

• Like 2