Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Corky said:

So we have to agree with the owners about everything? 

The owners have their view; fans have their own view.

Well, you will no doubt agree, we not only have the best owners in the league but the best this Club has ever had and possibly in the world.

I for one accept their position on Brendan.

41 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I’ve felt this too. Let him get past his third season syndrome and things might fall back in place. I still think he’s the man for us and excited about the squad he wants to build. We need some new players tho, that’s for certain. This bunch are still a bit too soft for my liking.

The only problem is, our recruitment has turned shambolic. Where previously we were an example of how to buy smartly, and sell well, the last couple of windows have been dreadful.

Discussing with the in-laws yesterday, Chelsea fans, and they are all ‘you’d be mad to sack Rodgers, your little Leicester, your not supposed to be top 4 or 5, you should be happy with what you’ve got’

Completely refused to listen to points about the 18 months of poor performances, the regular capitulations from winning positions, or Rodgers recruitment.

The FA Cup was won by a team Puel recruiter with a few left over from Ranieri and Pearson.

When Rodgers does leave, his signings will be the first ones out the door by the new manager as they are in the main, crap.

Imagine giving Brendan £100m with his record at bringing in players 🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤣

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

The only problem is, our recruitment has turned shambolic. Where previously we were an example of how to buy smartly, and sell well, the last couple of windows have been dreadful.

Discussing with the in-laws yesterday, Chelsea fans, and they are all ‘you’d be mad to sack Rodgers, your little Leicester, your not supposed to be top 4 or 5, you should be happy with what you’ve got’

Completely refused to listen to points about the 18 months of poor performances, the regular capitulations from winning positions, or Rodgers recruitment.

The FA Cup was won by a team Puel recruiter with a few left over from Ranieri and Pearson.

When Rodgers does leave, his signings will be the first ones out the door by the new manager as they are in the main, crap.

Imagine giving Brendan £100m with his record at bringing in players 🤣🤦‍♂️🤣🤣

He won’t have carte blanche, Rob Tanner said as much, lessons have been learned.

Edited by Dahnsouff

5 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Weren't James Justin and Fofana signed by Rodgers? 

They were signed during his tenure, yes. I am aware that I have used his poor signings to support my point but I’m quite reluctant to attribute Justin, Fofana and Daka to Rodgers.

This is not because I am trying to fuel my agenda but more because his transfer policy has become very apparent in the past year or so.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

2 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

They were signed during his tenure, yes. I am aware that I have used his poor signings to support my point but I’m quite reluctant to attribute Justin. Fofana and Daka to Rodgers.

This is not because I am trying to fuel my agenda but more because his transfer policy has become very apparent in the past year or so.

Rodgers was looking at JJ when he was at Celtic

• Like 1

3 hours ago, David Hankey said:

What I find absolutely amazing in all this Brendan in/out hypothetical nonsense is the fact that all those who want him gone are at complete odds with what our magnificent owners want. It will be their decision at the end of the day that counts.

Are we really saying that all the love and affection we have for the owners count for nought simply because the manager they chose is still here?

I know this might be difficult for some of you to come to terms with but the owners are not some moral/football deity. 

33 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I keep seeing this 18mths of poor performances comments so that would include the whole of 2020/21 season and tail end of 19/20 but where did we finish in the league those seasons? Man give me those poor performances again please.

I swear the drop from 4th to 5th on virtually the last game in both seasons have warped the memories & any rationale thinking of many posters, you don’t occupy a top 4 space the longest out of any team in the league for 2 solid seasons by playing poorly for 18 consecutive months.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

They were signed during his tenure, yes. I am aware that I have used his poor signings to support my point but I’m quite reluctant to attribute Justin, Fofana and Daka to Rodgers.

So bad signings Rodgers, good signing, must be someone else? 

Kinda looks like you're trying to fuel an agenda. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So bad signings Rodgers, good signing, must be someone else? 

Kinda looks like you're trying to fuel an agenda. 

Signings like Fofana and Justin are perfect examples of the recruitment model. On the flip side, Bertrand and Vestergaard completely ignore this, I am so certain that we would have not made those two signings a year or two ago. 

Rodgers deserves to take the blame, especially if he ignored the recruitment team (which has been documented). 

1 minute ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Signings like Fofana and Justin are perfect examples of the recruitment model. On the flip side, Bertrand and Vestergaard completely ignore this, I am so certain that we would have not made those two signings a year or two ago. 

Rodgers deserves to take the blame, especially if he ignored the recruitment team (which has been documented). 

Benkovic wasn't signed by Rodgers and he turned out to be a bad buy, is that an example of our recruitment model? 

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Benkovic wasn't signed by Rodgers and he turned out to be a bad buy, is that an example of our recruitment model? 

Neither were Ilner, Silva, Slimani, Musa, Diabate, Ghezzal etc.etc. Iborra was class but didn't do it for us. We ain't as good as some would like to believe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

The Benkovic signing made sense though. He was a young, upcoming defender who by the way, many on here were excited about. He really isn’t comparable to Vestergaard / Bertrand.

Look at the signings that Rodgers made at Celtic and Liverpool. Given a rebuild is probably imminent, take that in mind and ask yourself if you really want Rodgers to be in charge.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

The Benkovic signing made sense though. He was a young, upcoming defender who by the way, many on here were excited about. He really isn’t comparable to Vestergaard / Bertrand.

Look at the signings that Rodgers made at Celtic and Liverpool. Given a rebuild is t probably imminent, take that in mind and ask if you really want Rodgers to be in charge.

Your argument is so obviously biased it's ridiculous. You're trying to shoehorn in facts to fit your theory and ignoring anything that doesn't suit your agenda. 

There are many valid reasons to criticise Rodgers, yours isn't one of them. 

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I know this might be difficult for some of you to come to terms with but the owners are not some moral/football deity. 

It seems what I have written before might be difficult for some to accept.

I haven't said they have a divine right over footballing matters but, surely, we must be glad and grateful that their are the owners of Leicester City Football Club.

When you look at the state of other Clubs and their owners many fall very short of the standards set by our owners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Well, you will no doubt agree, we not only have the best owners in the league but the best this Club has ever had and possibly in the world.

I for one accept their position on Brendan.

Even if that's true, they've still made decisions/ had opinions I don't agree with. I didn't believe the decision to sack Pearson at the time was the right one, for example.

Whatever they decide to do is their prerogative but I'm not going to say every decision is correct or wonderful if I don't agree with it. 

21 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Look at the signings that Rodgers made at Celtic and Liverpool

Okay! I'll do Liverpool as they're more reputable and documented than Celtic. 

Turns out it's actually quite similar. Some good. Some bad.

Liverpool Good:
Firmino, Milner, Coutinho (!!!), Gomez, Sturridge, Reina, Lallana, Emre Can

Liverpool Bad:
Balotelli, Origi, Lovren, Sakho, Joe Cole, Moses, Lambert, Clyne, Aspas, Ings, Benteke.

Just like any manager, they'll make some great signings that work out well. But added to that, they'll make some signings that really don't work out.

To attribute good signings to a 'recruitment model' and bad signings purely down to Rodgers is just quite petty and ignorant, really.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

It seems what I have written before might be difficult for some to accept.

I haven't said they have a divine right over footballing matters but, surely, we must be glad and grateful that their are the owners of Leicester City Football Club.

When you look at the state of other Clubs and their owners many fall very short of the standards set by our owners.

The two things are completely separate.