Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 hours ago, David Hankey said:

What I find absolutely amazing in all this Brendan in/out hypothetical nonsense is the fact that all those who want him gone are at complete odds with what our magnificent owners want. It will be their decision at the end of the day that counts.

Are we really saying that all the love and affection we have for the owners count for nought simply because the manager they chose is still here?

Are you sure we know what the owners want or believe?  It's well known that public pronouncements by football club owners about support for the manager have to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Even if that's true, they've still made decisions/ had opinions I don't agree with. I didn't believe the decision to sack Pearson at the time was the right one, for example.

Whatever they decide to do is their prerogative but I'm not going to say every decision is correct or wonderful if I don't agree with it. 

It’s the nature of the beast though, we are mostly forming opinions in a vacuum, we do not posses the fact available to our owners, obviously, it’s just a matter of if you feel the owners have done enough to warrant our trust in issues for which we do not posses all the information. For me, it’s a hard yes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Well, you will no doubt agree, we not only have the best owners in the league but the best this Club has ever had and possibly in the world.

I for one accept their position on Brendan.

Close the forum down. No point discussing it then is there. What a ridiculous comment.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Close the forum down. No point discussing it then is there. What a ridiculous comment.

Well either you do not think we have good owners, or you do not agree with their position on Rodgers, so it would seem there is still a discussion to be had.

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Well either you do not think we have good owners, or you do not agree with their position on Rodgers, so it would seem there is still a discussion to be had.

Precisely my point. Of course we can discuss it. 

it’s nothing to do whether we think we have good owners. We can still agree or disagree with their decisions. It doesn’t make them bad owners. 

my point was this is the Rodgers thread, we have the right to discuss his management. 

3 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Precisely my point. Of course we can discuss it. 

it’s nothing to do whether we think we have good owners. We can still agree or disagree with their decisions. It doesn’t make them bad owners. 

my point was this is the Rodgers thread, we have the right to discuss his management. 

Yes it’s true, but I also will give him a pass as long as our owners do. I recognise this is personal choice, but our owners have information about any given situation we don’t, and as such, after all the good they have done, I choose to just trust them. 

I think it pointless arguing about recruitment really - no-one really knows what’s going on and who’s calling the shots. 
Some signings are clearly at the behest of the manager ( Puel had  a connection to Tielemans, Ghezzal and Diabate)  but most are likely to be a compromise between what the club wants and what the manager wants and you hope that mostly they’re on the same page. 

My main concern on that side is the way he seems to lose all faith in some players, often quite unfairly, and often because they don’t easily fit into his hallowed system. He tries to turn players into something they’re not and arguably never will be (Perez winger, Choudhury box to box midfielder, Schmeichel play out from the back, keeper). At any one time we usually have three to four players actively “frozen out”  reducing the squad to an unmanageably small size and putting too much weight on those who remain. The ultimately pointless retention of Benkovic is a case in point. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Neither were Ilner, Silva, Slimani, Musa, Diabate, Ghezzal etc.etc. Iborra was class but didn't do it for us. We ain't as good as some would like to believe.

Those were all decent players but we have high standards and they just didn’t command regular places in the first team. We have had some crackers though. Kante Vardy mahrez albrighton Fuchs Huth all coming together had world changing impact but tielemans Justin Maddison riccardo have been great. What we need is more like barnes Thomas KDH. You can’t beat home grown talent. 

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Well, you will no doubt agree, we not only have the best owners in the league but the best this Club has ever had and possibly in the world.

I for one accept their position on Brendan.

You've idea their position OK Brendan .

There's a myriad of reason why they don't think Rodgers is right for the Job anymore but have not pulled the trigger. 

Unless Top gets his views from Facebook. 

Rudkin: " Hay up Top we sacking Rodgers or what ."

Top : " What ? no way two Top five finishes and an FA cup . If you'd been around during the Pleat era you wouldn't be say that . #FEARLESS #LTID #FOXESNEVERQUIT  #WHENYOU'RESMILING.

Rudkin: " Err ok boss "

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

I bet you wanted a Big Mac afterwards 

I love a Big Mac, but the more I reflect on the film the more I think the guy responsible for taking McDonalds global was an amoral thief and a bit of a scumbag. Funny how life can reward you so grandly for being like that! Anyway, sorry to start from the subject of this thread so much. 

Edited by An Away Move
Typo

6 hours ago, sdb said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/feb/19/leicester-must-hold-their-nerve-as-brendan-rodgers-faces-third-season-syndrome

A decent article that summarises my current take on where we're at. 

BR is (considerably) better than  most. He's (and we are) due an underwhelming season and it's inevitable with so many injuries. The club have probably let player contracts run on without conclusion too and that's clearly affecting focus. 

Get to the summer in mid table, recruit a few players via the tried and tested methods and sort set pieces and we can look forward to another season of progress imo.

I found this article annoyingly shallow and frustrating because it shields Rodgers from more detailed criticism of his questionable decisions. For instance the article rightly states how very weakened we've been due to injuries at the back, but fails to mention that Rodgers will set us up to defend from 60m if we're one goal ahead and therefore ask teams to attack the area we are weak in. It also draws an equivalence between our defending from corners when zonal marking and when we've gone man for man - stating that we just continue to concede from both. No mention of how stubbornly he stuck to zonal marking when it was clearly disastrous for us to keep doing so and how we are actually doing better since abandoning it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes it’s true, but I also will give him a pass as long as our owners do. I recognise this is personal choice, but our owners have information about any given situation we don’t, and as such, after all the good they have done, I choose to just trust them. 

So your wilfully waving your ability to have your own opinion because of somebody else’s? 

1 hour ago, deep blue said:

Are you sure we know what the owners want or believe?  It's well known that public pronouncements by football club owners about support for the manager have to be taken with a huge pinch of salt.

I agree, most owners fall into that category but not ours.

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

So your wilfully waving your ability to have your own opinion because of somebody else’s? 

I am doing no such thing. lol

I am agreeing with an opinion of people 

• Whom I believe share the same aims as me (for us to succeed)
  • Who are better informed than me (due to their closeness to nearly every situation we are posting upon)

They want Rodgers to stay, you don’t, I get it. That’s on you to deal with.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am doing no such thing. lol

I am agreeing with an opinion of people 

• Whom I believe share the same aims as me (for us to succeed)
  • Who are better informed than me (due to their closeness to nearly every situation we are posting upon)

They want Rodgers to stay, you don’t, I get it. That’s on you to deal with.

Would your opinion on Rodgers ever change despite him still having his job though?

1 minute ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I’m not sure I’d call it hyperbole. We’re dealing with facts on both sides of the argument, just depends on how you interpret them.

Fair, we are on (hopefully the tail end of) a bad run, but I put lots more credence to the injuries situation over the last 2 years than many seems too. So I do have that opinion I guess :D And no, I am not sure how to apportion those injuries to Rodgers, despite not dissimilar injury records at Liverpool.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

I found this article annoyingly shallow and frustrating because it shields Rodgers from more detailed criticism of his questionable decisions. For instance the article rightly states how very weakened we've been due to injuries at the back, but fails to mention that Rodgers will set us up to defend from 60m if we're one goal ahead and therefore ask teams to attack the area we are weak in. It also draws an equivalence between our defending from corners when zonal marking and when we've gone man for man - stating that we just continue to concede from both. No mention of how stubbornly he stuck to zonal marking when it was clearly disastrous for us to keep doing so and how we are actually doing better since abandoning it. 

I think BR has serious reservations about some players in the squad. He won't touch Perez with a bargepole, for example. I suspect that's why he's become so damage limitation with tactics recently. Hopefully when the full squad is available we'll return to the football he had us playing for his first 2 years.