Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Performance today was very good. Just came up against a settled and ruthless side, who rode their luck.

If performances stay like this, then I might start believing in Brendan again. But its the constant flow of injury woes, that has us in this situation and he is responsible for that. 

Constant flow of injuries, but then why doesn't Brendan play any of the players he signed? We have £90m of Rodgers signings that don't even make the bench - Perez, Vestergaard, Betrand, Soumare. He's also insisting on sticking with Daka and giving last season's top scorer and established PL striker Nacho 5 minutes here and there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

defending well is part of a good performance and we are horrific at it

Seriously what did they have? 3 shots from distance and we concede 2; they rode their luck. We look vulnerable on set pieces obviously, but managed to defend everything.

Anyone using today as a reason for Rodgers out is just totally blinded. Good performance against a decent side. On another day we win that comfortably, despite having half the first team out. We've all seen a lot worse served up there.

Edited by sdb
  • Like 3

Just now, jim5000 said:

Constant flow of injuries, but then why doesn't Brendan play any of the players he signed? We have £90m of Rodgers signings that don't even make the bench - Perez, Vestergaard, Betrand, Soumare. He's also insisting on sticking with Daka and giving last season's top scorer and established PL striker Nacho 5 minutes here and there.

Funny how you mention players he signed not playing as a criticism, then complain that he insists on Daka, another player he signed lol

8 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Performance today was very good. Just came up against a settled and ruthless side, who rode their luck.

If performances stay like this, then I might start believing in Brendan again. But its the constant flow of injury woes, that has us in this situation and he is responsible for that. 

Or constant flow of goals going in our net? 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Funny how you mention players he signed not playing as a criticism, then complain that he insists on Daka, another player he signed lol

Well they are both criticisms? Wasted 90m on players he doesn't even want to play, and the one player he does play from his signings it just isn't working. Basically his signings are terrible and contributing to running all the Puel era players into the ground and constant injuries

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

Agreed. We give ourselves an uphill battle every match. Today we conceded after 8 minutes. Sure, Wolves sat back after that because they have confidence in their defence and ability to hit us on the counter.

Wolves gameplan worked perfectly for them. Ours didn't. Wolves let us pass around in midfield which made us look semi-competent, but the end result is the same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Well they are both criticisms? Wasted 90m on players he doesn't even want to play, and the one player he does play from his signings it just isn't working. Basically his signings are terrible and contributing to running all the Puel era players into the ground and constant injuries

Daka has the best goal to minute ratio in the Premier league doesnt he 

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

I’m firmly Brendan out but we were unlucky today and deserved at least a draw. It would be harsh if he was sacked after today.

My only criticism of him today was not bringing iheanacho on to play up front with Daka.

We played into Wolves hands and they were never really in any danger. They have confidence in their defence.

We are in freefall and can't see where the next win is coming from. Burnley often have our number, and then we have Leeds followed by Arsenal away....

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Which is caused by having a completely unsettled defense because of injuries. Look at Wolves; they have a settled defense and concede among the fewest goals in the league. I agree our defense has been a joke most season, but today felt more unlucky than poor defending. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I’m firmly Brendan out but we were unlucky today and deserved at least a draw. It would be harsh if he was sacked after today.

My only criticism of him today was not bringing iheanacho on to play up front with Daka.

It would be.

I don’t understand the apparent ultimatum of ‘lose today and you’re gone’. 

One game shouldn’t define that decision. The club should look at a number of factors over the last 30 games, exclude emotion from it, and come to the decision that he has run out of ideas. 

• Like 1