Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Jonezy said:

Which is caused by having a completely unsettled defense because of injuries. Look at Wolves; they have a settled defense and concede among the fewest goals in the league. I agree our defense has been a joke most season, but today felt more unlucky than poor defending. 

Last season when we had a decent defence? 

Just now, Jonezy said:

Which is caused by having a completely unsettled defense because of injuries. Look at Wolves; they have a settled defense and concede among the fewest goals in the league. I agree our defense has been a joke most season, but today felt more unlucky than poor defending. 

We twice left a bloke on the edge of the box with the freedom of the Midlands to pick a shot lol its not unlucky at all. There's nobody with in about 10 yards of podence 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And you still have the bottom 3 even if they do. 

Watford are 9pts behind. Burnley are 10 pts. 

I'm not saying we're anything special right now, but we'll do enough (in my humble opinion) to not get sucked into it. 

All of them have won league games this year. It may seem unlikely but it’s not beyond possible. We still have all of them to play, I fancy our chances better if we make a change.

Just now, daddylonglegs said:

It would be.

I don’t understand the apparent ultimatum of ‘lose today and you’re gone’. 

One game shouldn’t define that decision. The club should look at a number of factors over the last 30 games, exclude emotion from it, and come to the decision that he has run out of ideas. 

Today was a must win game and we lost. We have no chance of a Top 7 finish.

Rodgers should get sacked now, why wait till the end of the season? When we could get sucked into a lower mid table / relegation scrap?

I'm Brendan out and have been for a while but I don't feel like todays game can be used for either side the argument to be honest. It was a better performance but the same old frailties at the back and ultimately his failure to address this will be his downfall. He can't be here next season for me 

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Rodgers should get sacked now, why wait till the end of the season? When we could get sucked into a lower mid table / relegation scrap?

I think he should get sacked now too. I’m more making the point about why it is bizarre to me that we’d sack him *because* we’ve lost to a team that are significantly better than us at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

The hyperbole is real. Looking for a reaction.

2 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

And who is responsible for a lot of these injuries? Especially the muscle fatigue related ones? 
There was no luck about their goals, we didn’t close down at all, rubbish. No aggression - no aggression at set pieces either, they won nearly every header 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We twice left a bloke on the edge of the box with the freedom of the Midlands to pick a shot lol its not unlucky at all. There's nobody with in about 10 yards of podence 

Their xg was 0.5.   Luck is involved.  Most of the time they miss.  Both finishes were highly skilled and clinical.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

All of them have won league games this year. It may seem unlikely but it’s not beyond possible. We still have all of them to play, I fancy our chances better if we make a change.

I wish I could come back to this with something positive about us but I can't lol

Edited by StanSP
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeamRocket said:

Lol wolves win and the manager is not happy Leicester lose and BR seem happy with the play lol

But our play was decent. What they're basically both saying is that we should have won on the balance of play and chances, which isn't wrong.

• Like 1

Sometimes it’s best for all parties to have a change. I’m not sure how long BR can go on for like this without damaging all parties himself included.

Im aware we played better today, but there’s still no distinguishable style. In fact the only time we looked good was on the break… hardly revolutionary for us is it? lol 

3 minutes ago, shen said:

The hyperbole is real. Looking for a reaction.

Yes I am :D we have the players to do well, I am just tired of our ineptitude and that’s down to the way Rodgers sets us up. If we start Daka and Nacho we win the game, I know it’s small margins and we had our chances it just feels like we are handicapped before we even start the game.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

That's where the expectations of the club and a large portion of the fans  are at right now unfortunately

My expectations are not more more than being competitive in every game and winning more than you lose. 

We should expect better than 7 away losses in a row. 

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Yes I am :D we have the players to do well, I am just tired of our ineptitude and that’s down to the way Rodgers sets us up. If we start Daka and Nacho we win the game, I know it’s small margins and we had our chances it just feels like we are handicapped before we even start the game.

We start Daka and Nacho, we either play a back three/five is a disaster or we play a diamond and concede to the flanks to their wing backs. The shape and formation was a right one today - as the Bear has already pointed out 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

Their xg was 0.5.   Luck is involved.  Most of the time they miss.  Both finishes were highly skilled and clinical.

That's a fair point although I would say the second goal highlighted a major problem we've got within the squad. Podence was allowed the time to control the ball with his back to the goal, leisurely turn around and pick out the bottom corner with no pressure on him. The lack of aggression instilled into our players is really alarming 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Lose to Burnley and he’s 100% gone. There is absolutely no way he would survive that.

You could have said the same about getting knocked out of Europe by a team that was in the relegation zone in Poland and mid-table in Russia, or throwing away a 2 goal lead to Liverpool’s reserves or losing 4-1 to our local rivals who are a division below us.