Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

FoxesTalk on the evening of May 22nd:

”I know we failed to keep a clean sheet for the 21st league match in a row and we conceded our 30th goal from a set piece, but I thought we played some good stuff at times today and should have won. Bodes well for next season with Brendan in the Championship!”

Obviously I’m being facetious. We played well today and the players clearly haven’t downed tools.

I’m still concerned about how poor our defence is and how Wolves won every aerial duel from corners, but you can’t use this match to further your “Rodgers Out” opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shen said:

But our play was decent. What they're basically both saying is that we should have won on the balance of play and chances, which isn't wrong.

I would normally agree with this but that would be after a couple of bad games not after a lot bad games. To be honest I just want us to play without fear and never give quit win, lose or draw. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

My expectations are not more more than being competitive in every game and winning more than you lose. 

We should expect better than 7 away losses in a row. 

We're simply not competitive,  any ambition we had as a collective has been gradually diminished. There are valid reasons for some of it but that shouldn't give anybody a free pass to continue to fail. He's one of the most handsomely paid managers in the league and he's just not delivering 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

And who is responsible for a lot of these injuries? Especially the muscle fatigue related ones? 
There was no luck about their goals, we didn’t close down at all, rubbish. No aggression - no aggression at set pieces either, they won nearly every header 😂

Which was actually my point. Brendan is responsible for our injury madness, which has affected our defense to a point, where they most the times look unsettled and without confidence. I honestly think we restricted Wolves to very little and conceded from world class finishes and the overall performance was much better than I have seen most of the season. 

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

Which was actually my point. Brendan is responsible for our injury madness, which has affected our defense to a point, where they most the times look unsettled and without confidence. I honestly think we restricted Wolves to very little and conceded from world class finishes and the overall performance was much better than I have seen most of the season. 

I'd be interested to know how Brendan is responsible for Fofana's broken ankle, or Evans persistent foot problem? 

Looking at the fixtures I think the Leeds game is absolutely massive for him and us. Leeds and Brentford at home are amongst our best (only?) chances of points next month. If we can't beat Leeds we should spend the week prior to arsenal away looking for a replacement and then give him the boot quickly after they have given us our standard defeat there. This should then hopefully give us the new manager bounce for what would be an absolutely must win game against Brentford. 

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Sometimes it’s best for all parties to have a change. I’m not sure how long BR can go on for like this without damaging all parties himself included.

Im aware we played better today, but there’s still no distinguishable style. In fact the only time we looked good was on the break… hardly revolutionary for us is it? lol 

I think we have a definate style under Rodgers, that's not something you can beat him with. He wants to play a high line, possession but equally fast attacking incisive play, agressive defending, and clinical finishing. Unfortuantely he is managing an injury hit squad that simply isn't capable of performing this style across the pitch. In midfield where we have less injuries, you can see his style. Unfortunately we don't have fit personnel in defense or attack capable of playing the way Rodgers wants, and he won't adapt the approach. Just soliders on with Amartey.

Clock is ticking on Rodgers I think, as I said before personally I'd wait till the summer to make a decision seeing as at the time, the season was heading for comfortable midtable finish between 10th-13th. Now we find ourselves at the end of Feb without a league win in 2022. I'm not sure how much more time TOP will give Brendan. As we know in the past if things aren't going right he's not afraid to pull the trigger. As it stands Rodgers is on same run of form and position that Puel was on when he was fired. 

Personally I don’t think he’s a very good manager/coach, he’s 5 years out of date with his ideas. Managers like klopp look at things like corners being a springboard for attack and drills his players to be in a position to do so, Rodgers is still messing about with the zonal marking/players on the post rubbish and I don’t think he understands the concept  of being able to switch an attacking situation, from the opposition, into an attacking situation from the defence, he’s  years behind the top managers.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We're simply not competitive,  any ambition we had as a collective has been gradually diminished. There are valid reasons for some of it but that shouldn't give anybody a free pass to continue to fail. He's one of the most handsomely paid managers in the league and he's just not delivering 

Exactly true. Its all become way too comfortable and the excuses have been accepted for far too long.

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Exactly this. Yes, we've been given a bad hand with injuries, but he is the 4th highest paid manager in the country. He should be able to adjust the team and not deliver the worst defense in the league, 5 PL wins without a win, 7 straight away losses, and no clean sheet away in 18 matches.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, shen said:

But our play was decent. What they're basically both saying is that we should have won on the balance of play and chances, which isn't wrong.

Could have, should have, would have.... Heard it all. 

We didn't. End of. Another three points gone. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I'd be interested to know how Brendan is responsible for Fofana's broken ankle, or Evans persistent foot problem? 

I am aware that freak injuries like the ACLs and Fofana's broken ankle is out of his control. But we seem to break records in hamstring injuries and on more than one occasion has Brendan let a player run himself into the ground; the latest being Vardy and JJ. His reputation from other clubs he has managed also suggests, that something is off. We must be able to do better with the setup we have.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he inherited one of the best medical teams in the league, sacked the head physio and a lot of his staff, brought in his own people and changed how it operated and our injuries exploded, they are not an excuse for him they are another reason to remove him

Just a shame nobody of significance in the press is bothering to look into things like this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Evans foot problem is sorted he's injured with his SECOND hamstring injury of the season after being rushed back

10 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

I would normally agree with this but that would be after a couple of bad games not after a lot bad games. To be honest I just want us to play without fear and never give quit win, lose or draw. 

But then it's really your view that is biased rather than it being a fair reflection of the game. 

We've been diabolical at times recently, but today wasn't one of those days. Besides the first 15 minutes and defending set pieces (of course) we looked far the likelier winner.

• Like 1

Just now, Dames said:

Exactly true. Its all become way too comfortable and the excuses have been accepted for far too long.

It's a dangerous culture to allow to fester around the club. I remember people laughing when Vichai said that he wants us competing in Europe within 5 years (might not have the exact time frame right) when we were still in the Championship. Look what we went on to achieve because we all pulled in the same direction and dared to believe 

1 minute ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I don’t think today should give the BR out crowd anything to shout about. 

We were the better team today and lost to two long range goals. Yes we could have been better in the final third, but there were lots of positives today.

We've played worse than today, but it's still another loss. In isolation, fair enough we were unlucky. Looking back over the last 6 months and longer, it's the contination of a trend.

10 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

It would be.

I don’t understand the apparent ultimatum of ‘lose today and you’re gone’. 

One game shouldn’t define that decision. The club should look at a number of factors over the last 30 games, exclude emotion from it, and come to the decision that he has run out of ideas. 

Our club thankfully is one of the best run clubs around and they’ll always take a evidence based pragmatic approach. 

While watching City at the moment is dire with results not good enough, having a lot of your first team out over the course of the whole year is nigh on impossible to replicate the levels we were achieving the previous years under the same manager. 

I didn’t watch that game and think he’s lost the players and we were clueless. I think he can turn it around but we’re desperate for the likes of Fofana and Vardy coming in hitting the ground running and staying fit. 

I do see that if the club do sack him this will be down to himself. The long ongoing issues he doesn’t address, wieird unneeded tactical changes and insistence to play the same way while half your squad is out - play to your strength swallow your pride. 

He is on thin ice but to think what our options are should he go really don’t fill me with confidence. The same people on here calling for his immediate beheading also propose quite frankly inferior or bang average alternatives, it’s right for the club to be cautious.

Just now, Corky said:

Just a shame nobody of significance in the press is bothering to look into things like this.

its because they still think of us a championship club and don't actually watch us, they think we are lucky to have him when really its the reverse, no bigger club will take him