Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Just a shame nobody of significance in the press is bothering to look into things like this.

The press love him and think little ol' Leicester would be mad for sacking him and should be grateful for what he's serving us up week in week out.

Some positives today but ultimately it's 2 goals conceded again, a slow start again, poor finishing and we lost to a side who really didn't have to do much to win. 

I'm very conflicted when it comes to Brendan. One minute, I'm thinking he can get us through this and more than earned his keep, the next I'm thinking he's lost the plot. I don't bloody know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Personally I don’t think he’s a very good manager/coach, he’s 5 years out of date with his ideas. Managers like klopp look at things like corners being a springboard for attack and drills his players to be in a position to do so, Rodgers is still messing about with the zonal marking/players on the post rubbish and I don’t think he understands the concept  of being able to switch an attacking situation, from the opposition, into an attacking situation from the defence, he’s  years behind the top managers.

I'm one of his biggest critics but I firmly believe he'll go into a new club and perform really well for a year or two. But I don't believe he has the capability of leaving a strong foundation at a club

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

The press love him and think little ol' Leicester would be mad for sacking him and should be grateful for what he's serving us up week in week out.

yeah made the mistake of not turning over and heard Redknapp blithering on to exactly this mistake

21 minutes ago, majaco said:

Their xg was 0.5.   Luck is involved.  Most of the time they miss.  Both finishes were highly skilled and clinical.

Well footballs not and never is conducted in xg. They won because they had all the space I the world to pick where they wanted to put the ball. It was unlucky. Unlucky would be it tool 3 defelctions on the way in. We didn't have anyone close enough to the shots to deflect it. 

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Get him gone now, get a new guy in, prepare for next season. Remember we sacked Puel at this time 3 years ago. Rodgers came in in March and assessed the squad and the following season we were sensational. 

Part in bold in the biggest conundrum though, not sure who they guy should be.

Edited by Nalis

Just now, Jimmy said:

Evans foot problem is sorted he's injured with his SECOND hamstring injury of the season after being rushed back

But he did miss a lot of games with it? 

James Justin had an ACL injury whilst playing, how was that Brendan's fault? 

Saying his training methods are the reason we're getting so many injuries is a plausible theory, but in most cases there's no evidence for it. 

Annoying thing is if and when the decision is made, the press and fans of club a like we'll be saying "oh there sacking a manager that won their first fa cup only 9 months ago" same when Claudio went. Seems like just because you won a cup for a club for the first time you have to stick with that manager even if your rock bottom of the league. Press and fans never base it on the results, performance and position since.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm one of his biggest critics but I firmly believe he'll go into a new club and perform really well for a year or two. But I don't believe he has the capability of leaving a strong foundation at a club

Of course he will. Then you’ll have the idiots telling us ‘told you we shouldn’t have sacked him’ 

Who’ll then go very quiet when Rodgers’ third year inevitably goes tits up 

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Him smiling at the end of the game tells you everything about his mindset.

His expectations of this team comes across as mid table fodder.

He was doing his nut and volleying water bottles when we were 3-0 up before HT against WBA last season. Now he seems quite content with another defeat. Just strange.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Could have, should have , would have.... 

We didn't. End of. Any three points gone. 

Of course it's three points gone. But if you ignore context you'll never see the full picture.

Our PL season is a write-off at this point and we should focus on getting our performance levels back up and build confidence for next season. We can still do well in Europe and maybe salvage some pride, but aiming to finish 7th now is futile. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

7 straight away defeats.

No win in 5.

Bottom of the form table.

Knocked out of every competition we've entered.

No league wins in 2022 (it's almost March). And this is masked by a fluke against Liverpool at home.

And we're turning the corner? What game are people watching? It's abysmal.